It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Girl in Russian Woods, fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Hey guys I just saw this video even though it's been up for 2 years. It shows a girl levitating in the woods and then running away with her female companion once they are discovered.

Very cool to watch, fake or not.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I remember a thread about this exact video earlier, after a few pages of debate it was proven to be a hoax. I think at one point in the video the cables that are suspending her are visible, I'll try to find the thread.

There she blows
edit on 23-2-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Videotaping your dog running around the woods, the girls clearly balanced in such a way that a cable is attached to her, he conveniently drops the camera just as she comes out of "levitation"

Pretty clear whats happening here

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
Videotaping your dog running around the woods, the girls clearly balanced in such a way that a cable is attached to her, he conveniently drops the camera just as she comes out of "levitation"

Pretty clear whats happening here

This. I often wonder how anyone could put any credence into a video (or photo) like this on its own without any corroborating evidence.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
I remember a thread about this exact video earlier, after a few pages of debate it was proven to be a hoax. I think at one point in the video the cables that are suspending her are visible, I'll try to find the thread.

There she blows
edit on 23-2-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

Beat me to it. Yeah, I was thinking it was proven to be a hoax as well... Wires and all that.

Though it looks like it could be a cool promo shot for the syfy channel or something.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Slo mo it, see the rope. Sorry. There is also a perfect place in the camera drop for a cut. Not sure on the latter, but I can see the rope. Bogus.

We have seen this before, repeatedly.
edit on 23-2-2011 by angelwrangler because: An aside as others have mentioned

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have seen this before but it is pretty cool looking. The first time I watched it I thought it could be the real deal.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I've always wondered what makes people fake stuff. Why? It seems kind of self-absorbed.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Couple of reasons I can think of why people make fake footage/posts/claims.

1. To be special, and recognised for being special
2. To support an agenda of theirs
3. To cause trouble

Integrity, honesty, reliability etc. are a dying art

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am by no means the expert, but there is an entire culture of filmmakers dedicated to virals. They will do anything and fake anything to get something they authored and shot to go viral. Number One!

Also, googling something with ATS, is a pretty prestigious find when it comes to this genre and any genre that covers the subjects on ATS and that is not a bad thing for ATS.

But, yes, it is very frustrating for the scholars on ATS and the member writers and researchers as well, because if there is a successful viral and it has a tag to ATS all the better for the creator of the viral.

It is what it is...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
No its not fake!! She really was flying!!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread646764/pg1]There she blows

thanks tupac,
I already helped debunk this once already
and here it shows up again, lol.
star 4 u for finding the thread
so quickly

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread646764/pg1]There she blows

thanks tupac,
I already helped debunk this once already
and here it shows up again, lol.
star 4 u for finding the thread
so quickly

Well actually Boondock ...your debunk was debunked... actually there was no proof found either way... being it real or not so sorry... not proven hoax,debunked or proven real yet... (atleast i didnt see your proof of cables in there? nor think that anybody else did?) and please continue in the Original thread please... and only if you read it through before posting in it,thanks

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Mods... Any help ?

edit on 2/24/2011 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
sorry double

top topics

join