It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess Who's On The Human Rights Watch List? The United States.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Actually maternity leave is not a power given to the federal gov't under the constitution and they have rightly left it to the individual states to decide on a case by case basis. HRW is upset because the US doens't have a national policy (beyound the 12 weeks of unpaid required by law) and is trying to shame the US into violating the constitution. If they truly believe in there message they should be petitioning each state individually.

Here is a site that lists the regulations on a state by state basis:
www.parents.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with people's rights.

Meanwhile, the countless police beatings and totally unfair highway robbery tactics we call fines and taxation, go ignored.

Protesters get beat up in the USA, even shot sometimes, but guess what? It's ignored.

People get searched illegally without court orders, people get tricked blatantly into signing fraudulent documents, imprisoned wrongly or for exceptionally harsh terms for "Crimes" that harmed no one else in any way....

I could go on all night honestly, don't tempt me.

Forgive me for scoffing at this excellent smoke screen tactic. Forgive me for seeing right through it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Also Money is not god.

Power is god.

You think the guy who PRINTS the money cares about collecting it? Heck no.

He only cares that you and I will kill each other for it. That's power. That's their god.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
reply to post by MRuss

Nicely put together.But not only do they put this policy on there own country but the companies also make other poor people work to death for low pay. If they ask for more pay they just go to somewhere else to give jobs. You know if all the rich people in the world gave up 10% of their money to the UN the world would have no economic deflects, only 10% of their current savings can help achieve this but no they must keep hogging all the money so they can swim and sleep on money whilst seeing people suffer for their own enjoyment.
edit on 23-2-2011 by foreshadower99 because: bad spelling

"Give it to The U.N.?" please...
there's a common quote: " if you took all the money from the" rich" and handed it to the "poor" in 6months the rich would be rich again and the "poor" poor again.. the rich folks use money like a tool. poor folks bust butt all month ina hot factory to buy 4 $1000 dollar rims for a $3,000 car. I',not saying the tables aren't tipped towards big money but people have some personal responsibility in all this.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
MRuss, you consistently saying 'Money is God' is beginning to piss me off, and tbqf, it is far from it. Money is a material thing and doesn't matter to me.

When you put it like that, you're giving it way too much credit.

Money is paper.

End of.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by exile1981
Human Rights watch is a very left wing organization and it's very biased.

you said a mouthful right there.
And I know backinblack will be on
this thread accusing me of posting
about Soros with no proof so I'll go ahead
and post the link so he won't have
a panzy fit.

George Soros Funds $100 Million to Human Rights Watch

www.hrw.org...

And looky here backinblack
it didn't come from Glen Beck
or Fox News

A little more about Soros can be found here (en.wikipedia.org...), Scroll down to "contents". Ironic place to bump into his name.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join