It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Big Deal, But Google May Have Invented a Game to Get Kids' Social Security Numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

No Big Deal, But Google May Have Invented a Game to Get Kids' Social Security Numbers

nymag.com

"Doodle-4-Google" is so much more than an art contest. Sure, the game, which received 33,000 entries last year,

the contest's initial Parent Consent Form asked for the child's city of birth (not current city, mind you), date of birth, the last four digits of the child's social security number, as well as complete contact info for the parents

If the information Google culled from the contest was linked with other databases to target ads, it could prove lucrative for the company
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Once a week it seems that another offensive thing comes out about Google. Formenting unrest in the middle east, getting in bed with the Chinese, getting in bed with the NSA, CIA and DOD. Today the Russians came out and blasted them.

By ordering search results, they without question provide editorial content to folks searching for informaiton, yet they are not considered a media outlet.

I hate Google. I have not used their products for a couple of years due to privacy issues and the lunacy of the gents running the shop coupled with their cosy relationship with the government.

Its time that folks woke up to this foolishness and began to use other products, folks are being sheep, a bit uncomfortable with the policy, data gathering, snooping, but every day, folks type in google.com and continue to feed the beast.

Now they are collecting your kid's social security information and parent bios. What kind of fool would enter the information into that parental consent form?

The challenge is that throughout the world, Google = the USA and we are facilitating the growth that is becoming increasingly offensive, in my opinion.

nymag.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hmm.. Google branching out to identity theft now it sounds like.. Will stick to Baidu for my searches. Google getting too damn nosy these days...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Google did enlist the help from the NSA for development purposes. Then last year, the NSA invited Google to help them with some development projects also. Its really no surprise but something that needs to be watched by parents to keep their kids off of this Google-Your-ID-Away roose.

top topics

join