It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How HBGary wrote backdoors for the government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

How HBGary wrote backdoors for the government

arstechnica.com

On November 16, 2009, Greg Hoglund, a cofounder of computer security firm HBGary, sent an e-mail to two colleagues. The message came with an attachment, a Microsoft Word file called AL_QAEDA.doc, which had been further compressed and password protected for safety. Its contents were dangerous.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Our government is in the business of paying this firm HBGary to author virus code that they intend to use to get Al-CIA-du to infect their own computers to give the government a backdoor to their machines. I wonder what they think about the idea that perhaps this will provide those same created enemies the weapon for their own use?

How many booby-traps did the VietCONG create from unexploded ordinance dropped by the US that killed American troops? The unintended consequences of this action are pretty serious.

arstechnica.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, how is this company doing now, what is the fall out for them? I have not really heard anything, just wondering how much damage Anonymous did to them as a corporation. Enough to put them under?
edit on 22-2-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

HBGary Federal is still offline. hbgaryfederal.com... as of this posting. I would say they are still hurting just a bit from the anon take down and email hack.

Andy Greenberg over at Forbes is bloging about the fall out. It aint pretty I would say. Toxic is used to describe the company. blogs.forbes.com...

edit on 22-2-2011 by wayouttheredude because: added link

new topics

top topics

join