It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the cracks beginning to show in the American empire?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
With so many countries ether in open revolt or potential heading towards it, I'm betting the CIA are running round like mad men, trying to make sure everything turns out how they want it. Combine that with the fact of all the naughty thing America's been caught doing recently, I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes America's enemies are moving to further discredit and weaken it. Perhaps that's why countries are begining to complain about CIA actions, they smell blood.

For those that are interested a list of rebellious countries
en.wikipedia.org...

America's bad news
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thoughts?

Am I reading to much into this?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
According to Alex Jones the cracks have been here for years.

I am still waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

I do not know what to believe anymore.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
not really sure what the point of your post is?

although the link was a good one, very informative...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Empire?....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

Empire?....

a. A political unit having an extensive territory or comprising a number of territories or nations and ruled by a single supreme authority.

free dictionary

Hope that answers your question.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Cracks? What cracks? All I see is American Democracy breaking out like acne on a teenager! The U S of A has become the bearer of freedom to the masses.

You're welcome.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 22-2-2011 by Feltrick because: Because

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The cracks in the American empire began with the election of President George W. Bush. It's been down hill ever since.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

The cracks in the American empire began with the election of President George W. Bush. It's been down hill ever since.

I have to disagree. I think that it started way before GW. I am thinking way back to Lincoln. It really escalated to a whole new level with JFK. What is your definition of downhill? There have been cracks for decades.

EDIT:I flagged you op, there is not alot of good dicussions going on right now.

edit on 22-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Cracks? Those cracks have been visible for years. With unemployment rates as high as 14.5 % in some states, the weakening dollar, and a national debt over 55,000,000,000,000 www.usdebtclock.org... I think those cracks are slowly becoming gaping holes.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I can tell you that there is much defecating of trousers in the State and War Departments right now. If Egypt, Bahrain, Libya et al actually manage to establish some sort of reasonable, democratic non-Sharia government then we are going to have an abominable track record of U.S. Occupied Nations -vs- Those Allowed to Come To Freedom On Their Own Timeframe in terms of "Spreading Democracy".

It's almost as if a people need to want freedom enough to seize their own customized version of it rather than having a one size fits all pie in the sky notion of it forced upon them at the point of a gun. How about that?

Why, it's almost as if the best thing we could do for the world is bring our soldiers home and focus on building our nation into the shining example on the hill we seem to think we are.

Interesting times for the warmongers.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No, unless that was sarcasm in which case, back off.... I'm British, That is my first language! Hehe

But seriously, I don't see it as an "Empire". :/

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

I totally agree with you. They should leave those countries a let them settle their own business. They will do fine with out us. Bringing home our soldiers would be the best thing to do right now. Especialy for the U.S. Your soldiers are being spead far and wide and with you economy right now...I doubt keeping them at large is the best thing for the country. What good is an army if you don't have a country to deffend. Ok, I don't think they're deffending North America at this instant but I do support them none the less. Our troops are our troops and they put their lives on the line for us. Just because I don't agree with the reason they're over seas doesn't mean I don't support them.

new topics

top topics

join