It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christchurch earthquake:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Christchurch earthquake:

www.nzherald.co.nz

Residents are reporting bodies lying in the streets of Christchurch following this afternoon's magnitude 6.3 earthquake.

Police said fatalities had been reported at several locations and that two buses had been crushed by falling buildings. Christchurch mayor Bob Parker has declared a state of emergency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
online.wsj.com

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Bodies lying around, crushed by bricks, just unbelievable.
Its simply unbelievable how many how fast disasters are occurring worldwide.

Cars and buses are "halfway sunken into roads". Just how do cars and buses sink into the road?
Also buses crushed, buildings still falling.
Just read the link. I feel the full effect of this wont be shown until we get some videos or such from there.

Also the dollar fell following the earthquake.

The New Zealand dollar was hammered Tuesday after Christchurch, the country's second largest city, was hit by a 6.3 earthquake, that is expected to take the wind out of the economy's recovery and take interest rate hikes off the agenda until well into 2012. Economists said the rebuilding of Christchurch after a 7.1 earthquake in September was expected to give the economy some extra oomph through 2011, but that process has been brought to a standstill.

online.wsj.com...

So now in addition to the earthquake the economy is crushed... again.

www.nzherald.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)
Do wathch the following vids, describing them is impossible.

another one

its unbelievable that a 6.3 can cause so much damage.
edit on 2/21/2011 by kaleshchand because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/21/2011 by kaleshchand because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

I have an old friend who's in Hororata, Christchurch writing about it on facebook, apparently large tremors last night, and now major rocking of houses, buildings collapsed, buses, people.

It's about the third since about November.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
There are suburbs of Christchurch that they are saying are now "unliveable".

There aren't enough ambulances and people with 4wd's and station wagons are volunteering to get the injured to hospital.

The mayor of Christchurch is concerned that there has been no communication at all from the Banks Penninsula.

Major hotels in the city center (20 storeys+) are reported to be extensively damaged. It is not known if there are rescue efforts there yet.
edit on 21/2/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The ground under Christchurch has liquified (gotten mixed up into a liquid mud) that's why cars, busses, houses & buildings are sinking.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
xmetalgear beat me by 1 minute, please close.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Haven't heard much from the corporate news channels about recent earthquakes....wonder why...

I hope that all of this ends soon, too many people losing their lives this year.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

The ground under Christchurch has liquified (gotten mixed up into a liquid mud) that's why cars, busses, houses & buildings are sinking.

God this is so symbolic and parallels how sin has seeped into cracks in the foundation upon which Christ built His Church. This sin is decay and corruption in the individual, and manifest in the collective society, this rot threatens the very edifice of life as we know it, so may Babylon fall swiftly, but Christs Church more than the non-believers need to repent and offer sacrifices of penance, humble & contrite hearts, acts of charity and mercy, together with and through the Perfect Sacrifice which He has so generously offered Himself, the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the World, who is Jesus the Christ and Lord above all Creation! God loves us so much, and if we understood that he loves us in spite of the fact that we really are undeserving, proud, stubborn, and sinful, then it is out of His goodness, and for His glory, that He offers us the Cup and Anointment of Salvation which Christ Jesus has earned on our behalf! Praise, thanksgiving, glory, and love belong to our God forever and ever! Amen.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
holy # man, chch is well and truly crippled now

over 65 confirmed dead.

almost all buildings flattened. lots come down. forsyth barr building down. cathendral. etc

all my friends and family are in chch i cant contact them or anything. everything is overloaded or out of service.

one my my friends said a guy was stuck in rubble next to a guy with no head. and lots just instantly crushed to death.

OMFG>

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Remember, search is your friend.

Mods have been closing all these additional threads and pointing everyone to this one:

ATS Thread

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mrphilosophias

Jesus christ made his church in Christchurch, New Zealand?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Here is some more footage of the aftermath and also some live footage of the quakes happening

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashyr

I hope your friends and family are well.

My thoughts are with all those effected by this awful tragedy.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
107 whales washed ashore before the quake. Hmmm.

www.japantoday.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It looks like building codes make all the difference.
A 7.0 earthquake hit off the coast of Okinawa last year. No damage at all.
----------------------------------------
6.3 earthquake in New Zealand=disaster?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir

Jesus Christ made his church in Christchurch, New Zealand?
Its an Earthquake that destroyed a city called Christchurch, and the Church which the Town is notorious for has also been destroyed. It strikes me as a warning and a sign

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrphilosophias

Originally posted by Jimjolnir

Jesus Christ made his church in Christchurch, New Zealand?
Its an Earthquake that destroyed a city called Christchurch, and the Church which the Town is notorious for has also been destroyed. It strikes me as a warning and a sign

Bollocks.
"Notorious"?
Good grief. Pray tell me why this is a "warning and a sign" and why Christchurch?

In other news, pictures keep coming in: Christchurch inside the Red Zone

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Coroner's Quake Victim Reports

Heart-wrenching reading.
Knowing a couple of the people who died (not in this link), it's very sobering.
Kia kaha nga hoa.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
i.imgur.com...

Lots of empty spaces.

new topics

top topics

join