It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Libyan fighter pilots defect, fly to Malta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Two Libyan fighter pilots defect, fly to Malta

www.reuters.com

Two Libyan Air Force fighter pilots defected on Monday and flew their jets to Malta where they told authorities they had been ordered to bomb protesters, Maltese government officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
"They said the two pilots, both colonels, took off from a base near Tripoli. One of them has requested political asylum.

The pilots are being questioned by the Maltese police.

The two said they decided to fly to Malta after being ordered to bomb anti-government protesters in Libya's second largest city of Benghazi, the sources said.

Police were also questioning seven passengers who landed in European Union member state Malta from Libya on board two French-registered helicopters.

The government sources said the helicopters left Libya without authorization by the Libyan aviation authorities and that only one of the seven passengers -- who say they are French citizens -- had a passport."

Well, Im glad atleast some of their military seem to be sane. I Hope more of thei armed forces decide to stand with thei brothers and sisters, instead of killing them. I mean, revolution or not, the army will still have a job in that country.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I really thought Gaddafi was trying to sneak out on these flights... like the coward he is. Instead we get his son threatening to unleash bloodshed on "his people" for not bending to the ruling clans will.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Already being discussed in another thread

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Please us this ongoing thread thank you.

Pilots Defect to Malta

Thread closed

new topics

top topics

join