It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros: Fox Has Imported the Methods of George Orwell Newspeak

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by jibeho

Ahahaha, are you serious? You are calling the guy who made BILLIONS using capitalism a Marxist? That's beyond ridiculous, and sadly shows that Beck's nonsense is sticking. Do you even know what Marxism is?

Laughable

Dude are you serious?? Please read again. I said he ascribes to Marxist theory and tactics in his own @#$$@ words. Soros will use whatever means necessary to advance his own agenda. He earned his billions for the greater good if his personal ideology. The same billions that he has been spending loosely since the dawn of the 2004 election. Study his Open Society if your attention span can handle it. The man is a walking contradiction of himself.

Laughable!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
I like how George Soros basically owns Fox AND CNN and then goes on the record against Fox News. What is this man talking about? Why buy up a company you talk bad about?

I figure he is pointing the finger at Fox to keep up the illusion of "right and left"
edit on 20-2-2011 by CordDragonzord because: (no reason given)

REPLY: Fox news gets no money from Soros. NPR and Media Matters gets lot's, though. He's pissed at Fox because they inform the people of the coward and traitor he is.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Nice deflection on Soros's part.

Guy is a Jew, yet he turned Jews over to the Nazi's.......The guy is scum.

No he hasn't!! You repeating this lie just shows how much Fox brainwashes its viewers

Like a parrot you repeat nonsense...

Soros admitted in an interview that he helped the Nazis confiscate Jewish belongings during WW2, and went into great detail about it. he even stated "....it was the best time of my life." Do some research.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

ok, so he is a bad person because he is a jew.... and also because he is anti-jewish... ok. Oh yes, and then there is the claim that at the age of 15 years Soros turned the jews over to the Nazis. Yep.

Soros only became the big bad man because Glenn Beck and Fox continiously targeted him following the 2008 elections (mainly because he was a significant donor to liberal politicians). Yep, be good little parrots.

REPLY: Proof? This is the relevant portion of the transcript (from the 20 December 1998 broadcast of 60 Minutes):
When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, George Soros' father was a successful lawyer. He lived on an island in the Danube and liked to commute to work in a rowboat. But knowing there were problems ahead for the Jews, he decided to split his family up. He bought them forged papers and he bribed a government official to take 14-year-old George Soros in and swear that he was his Christian godson. But survival carried a heavy price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped off to the death camps, George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews.

(Vintage footage of Jews walking in line; man dragging little boy in line)

KROFT: (Voiceover) These are pictures from 1944 of what happened to George Soros' friends and neighbors.

(Vintage footage of women and men with bags over their shoulders walking; crowd by a train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) You're a Hungarian Jew...

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

KROFT: (Voiceover) ...who escaped the Holocaust...

(Vintage footage of women walking by train)

(Vintage footage of people getting on train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) ... by -- by posing as a Christian.

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Right.

(Vintage footage of women helping each other get on train; train door closing with people in boxcar)

KROFT: (Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.

Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that's when my character was made.

KROFT: In what way?

Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand and -- and anticipate events and when -- when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a -- a very personal experience of evil.

KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

No he hasn't!! You repeating this lie just shows how much Fox brainwashes its viewers

REPLY: Here's the relevant part of the 60 Minutes interview:
When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, George Soros' father was a successful lawyer. He lived on an island in the Danube and liked to commute to work in a rowboat. But knowing there were problems ahead for the Jews, he decided to split his family up. He bought them forged papers and he bribed a government official to take 14-year-old George Soros in and swear that he was his Christian godson. But survival carried a heavy price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped off to the death camps, George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews.

(Vintage footage of Jews walking in line; man dragging little boy in line)

KROFT: (Voiceover) These are pictures from 1944 of what happened to George Soros' friends and neighbors.

(Vintage footage of women and men with bags over their shoulders walking; crowd by a train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) You're a Hungarian Jew...

KROFT: (Voiceover) ...who escaped the Holocaust...

(Vintage footage of women walking by train)

(Vintage footage of people getting on train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) ... by -- by posing as a Christian.

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Right.

(Vintage footage of women helping each other get on train; train door closing with people in boxcar)

KROFT: (Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.

Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that's when my character was made.

KROFT: In what way?

Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand and -- and anticipate events and when -- when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a -- a very personal experience of evil.

KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

edit on 23-2-2011 by zappafan1 because: addition of text

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Murdoch, Murdoch, Murdoch is his name. An Ozzie piece of filth with a Scots lineage, but there again so had Carnegie a Scots lineage. We Scots have a tendency to dump our unwanted garbage on our neighbours

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1

Soros admitted in an interview that he helped the Nazis confiscate Jewish belongings during WW2, and went into great detail about it. he even stated "....it was the best time of my life." Do some research.

Would help if you read the entire story

He was hiding from the Nazi's because he was Jewish. In doing so, he posed as the son of a Hungarian government worker who was ORDERED to do inventory on a confiscated estate. At that time, Soros was 13 (!!!) and his fake-dad took him along so he wouldn't be home alone. It wasn't as if Soros said "cool, let's take those Jews' stuff!"...for crying out loud, he was hiding from the Nazi's himself, he even had to change his name (Schwartz)!!

Saying he's a nazi is beyond ridiculous given that he had to hide, and then lived for years in London with an Orthodox Jew (uncle).

And his "best time of my life" remark wasn't in connection with hurting Jews, it was in connection with living in VERY volatile times...exciting for a young boy. Just as exciting as what's happening in Egypt right now, or in Libya. Have you been to Hungary? Before the invasion it was a calm little place, not much going on compared to big cities in the west...and suddenly you have huge nations (Russia/Germany) show up and cause trouble. Turbulence can be interesting, think about it...his early life with all the hiding and name-changing sounds a bit like a spy novel.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zappafan1

You do realize that this was the only way for him to survive, right?? The alternative would have been to also get sent off to camp, and it wouldn't have helped all those Jews who were sent off in the least if he had joined them. It's not as if he ratted them out! He did inventory after the NAZI's deported them to death camps, it's not as if he forcebly sent them there. If you're hiding and know if they find out you're a Jew you're dead, and they come to you and say "hand out those notices"...would you make a fuss and risk getting caught yourself?? It's not as if this would help any of the other Jews being deported.

He survived because he did the only thing that could save him during these times...and I wonder if you seriously claim that you wouldn't have done the same in his situation. Would you have come forth, and said "no, I can't do this" just to have them look into you or send you off to death camp too??? Seriously?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
Whatever your opinion on Soros, he is absolutely correct about FOX News.

REPLY: Who's YOUR puppetmaster? Fox presents both sides of an issue more than any other media outlet (proven every single year), and you blame them for your disillusion? Do they lean to the right? yes, and they are the only media outlet to do so. More people watch them than any other cable news outlet because they want to hear what they say. What happened to air America? ..... it's almost gone; bankrupt, because "The People" didn't like what they had to say about America, or the direction it should go.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Fox presents both sides of an issue more than any other media outlet

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8aa8a90fae13.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/644506b67b1c.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah, right

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
reply to post by boondock-saint

So are you just mad that Soros is a Rich Jew that is down with the left? If he was right wing he would be alright huh?

Sounds like a pretty smart well balanced character. Reflexivity... it is common sense, it is a shame a guy has to hide in the shadows just to practice it.

REPLY: Soros wants to bring America down to the level of the rest of the world. he's NOT capitalist, but instead "games" Capitalism to make his money, just like he almost brought down the British economy so he could make a few hundred million.

And, yes, I watched the 60 Minutes interview, and he did to helping the Liberals .... ummmm .... Progressives ..... ummmmm.... no, the Nazis. He could never be a Conservative, let alone a Republican. The sooner the guy reaches room temperature the better.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Fox presents both sides of an issue more than any other media outlet

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8aa8a90fae13.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/644506b67b1c.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah, right

REPLY: The polls are done by colleges like Yale and Cornell, hardly bastions of conservatism, and you provide two questionable items, which proves what, exactly? You don't hate Fox, you hate that they provide information that differs from your viewpoint(s.)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You don't hate Fox, you hate that they provide information that differs from your viewpoint(s.)

Nope...I don't like Fox because they blatantly lie and manipulate viewers as has been proven numerous times

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Since you don't like Fox on the basis that "they blatantly lie and misrepresent", then it follows that you must not like NPR,MSNBC,ABC, CBS and CNN because they also "blatantly lie and misrepresent". If not, then by logical conclusion you don't like Fox because their lies do not happen to support the lies you choose to believe.

“In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is revolutionary” George Orwell 1984

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
reply to post by MrXYZ

Since you don't like Fox on the basis that "they blatantly lie and misrepresent", then it follows that you must not like NPR,MSNBC,ABC, CBS and CNN because they also "blatantly lie and misrepresent". If not, then by logical conclusion you don't like Fox because their lies do not happen to support the lies you choose to believe.

“In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is revolutionary” George Orwell 1984

I dislike any media outlets that manipulate the truth. Having said that, no other network does it as blatantly as FOX. I challenge anyone to find me portraits manipulated by photoshop without telling viewers at MSNBC for example. Or them changing footage ON PURPOSE to misrepresent something, like what they did to Ron Paul.

Not one of those outlets is 100% clean, but whereas the others float around 50%, FOX has less than 3% of morality left

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You don't hate Fox, you hate that they provide information that differs from your viewpoint(s.)

Nope...I don't like Fox because they blatantly lie and manipulate viewers as has been proven numerous times

REPLY: Show me some evidence of that, and I don't mean one or two. Also, please provide links. Do they make mistakes, sometimes, but they own up to it every time. At least they cover news that the alphabet channels doesn't, because it doesn't fit their Leftist template.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1

REPLY: Show me some evidence of that, and I don't mean one or two. Also, please provide links. Do they make mistakes, sometimes, but they own up to it every time. At least they cover news that the alphabet channels doesn't, because it doesn't fit their Leftist template.

How many more examples do you need??? The photoshopped portraits, misrepresenting rally attendance, and what they did with Ron Paul not enough? Every single one of those cases took a DELIBERATE effort!

You make it pretty clear that nothing FOX could ever do would prevent you from watching...simply because it fits your narrative. Doesn't even matter if that narrative makes sense or whether it's based on logic or not.

Anyway...Fox lying...here we go:

10 worst cases

Of course if you lie to your viewers, they will eventually become very misinformed...which is confirmed by independent studies

Fox "News" makes you stupid
Fox viewers on average clueless about Iraq war

edit on 28-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join