It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The face of Islamic Insanity - RAMPANT PEDOPHILIA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Pedophilia In Afghanistan

Text is from online San Francisco Chronicle...

For centuries, Afghan men have taken boys, roughly 9 to 15 years old, as lovers. Some research suggests that half the Pashtun tribal members in Kandahar and other southern towns are bacha baz, the term for an older man with a boy lover. Literally it means "boy player." The men like to boast about it. "Having a boy has become a custom for us," Enayatullah, a 42-year-old in Baghlan province, told a Reuters reporter. "Whoever wants to show off should have a boy."

In Kandahar, population about 500,000, and other towns, dance parties are a popular, often weekly, pastime. Young boys dress up as girls, wearing makeup and bells on their feet, and dance for a dozen or more leering middle-aged men who throw money at them and then take them home. A recent State Department report called "dancing boys" a "widespread, culturally sanctioned form of male rape."

Even after marriage, many men keep their boys, suggesting a loveless life at home. A favored Afghan expression goes: "Women are for children, boys are for pleasure." Fundamentalist imams, exaggerating a biblical passage on menstruation, teach that women are "unclean" and therefore distasteful. One married man even asked Cardinalli's team "how his wife could become pregnant," her report said. When that was explained, he "reacted with disgust" and asked, "How could one feel desire to be with a woman, who God has made unclean?" advertisement | your ad here That helps explain why women are hidden away - and stoned to death if they are perceived to have misbehaved. Islamic law also forbids homosexuality. But the pedophiles explain that away. It's not homosexuality, they aver, because they aren't in love with their boys.

As one boy, in tow of a man he called "my lord," told the Reuters reporter: "Once I grow up, I will be an owner, and I will have my own boys."

When will we end these people? How much longer will liberal "progressive" ideology allow this kind of behavior to continue in the open?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I thought Muslims whip Homosexuals? In Saudi Arabia and many other Muslim nations homosexuality was against the law.
edit on 20-2-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Surely the fact that this practice appears to be confined to regions of Afghanistan suggests that it is cultural rather than religious ?

There are other cultures where paedophilia is the cultural norm, such as some tribes in New Guinea who have older members ''depositing'' certain fluids into younger boys' mouths because they believe it helps them to grow.

I don't see why the religious aspect needs to be brought up, when it is just a case of different cultural practices in different parts of the world.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Surely the fact that this practice appears to be confined to regions of Afghanistan suggests that it is cultural rather than religious ?

Excellent point. It's definitely a social issue, not a religious one.

Sociologists and anthropologists say the problem results from perverse interpretation of Islamic law.

I don't see why the religious aspect needs to be brought up...

Because that's the only way to spread the fear of "Islamification".

And if the OP is going to blame Islam for pedophilia, they better take a good look at the Christian priests who have a well-known penchant for little boys and girls.

edit on 2/20/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This happens for the same reasons I posted my replies in this post:

Could a Fatwa be Issued against Gay Muslims?

Whenever you have a culture or religion which forces the sexes to be so separated that the natural inclination for attraction, and the actions that leads to, is virtually impossible then you will make up for it by acting on your natural impulses with the same sex.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Dude, don't just go bash the entire religion. That's ignorant, it's not in the teaching, it's just backed by false teachers. I'm personally not a Muslim, but even I know that isn't OK'd in their faith. A lot of teachings get twisted, it's happened all throughout history. Look at the history of the Catholic church, Crusades, etc. Jesus spoke against such things even saying we shouldn't call anybody our Father but him, yet are priests not spoken to as Father? Yeah, it's admittedly one of the most disgusting things I've read in a while. But you should never want to "End" somebody, you should rebuke them and let them know what's up, even when they don't get it.
Peace!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
We've seen it with the Catholic Church and the ancient Greeks.
We see this in prisons all over the world even today.
This is was happens when a society rejects women or places them out of the reach of men.
It is an inevitable reaction that men will seek other men and boys to satisfy their needs.
Alternatively is the men have access, they will seek out small children of either gender.

Groups of men throughout history have despised the allure and the power women have regarding sex.
Some groups of men became angry and blamed the women for the men wanting them.
We still see this today where some men will trawl news stories about broken homes and family court decisions.
These men protest on these sites that women are horrible evil beings and that it is the women's fault that the men cannot keep a wife.
These men argue that these women shouldn't have life choices and are angry they can no longer control women that they may desire.

Until society works these problems out, we will always have man and some women abusing kids purely because they can control them and manipulate them. The child will never look at the adult and tell them they cannot treat them a certain way. The children are almost always captive in a sense.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It'd be nice if the OP could change the thread title before this become another Islam-bashing thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bee2010
It is an inevitable reaction that men will seek other men and boys to satisfy their needs.
Alternatively is the men have access, they will seek out small children of either gender.

You are one sick individual.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This isn't a Muslim thing, it's a cultural thing from that part of Afghanistan. Yeah, it's messed up, I will grant you, but it actually goes very much against the laws of Islam. I seriously doubt you will find this behavior normalized anywhere else in the Muslim world. More likely, engaging in this kind of behavior will get you stoned or your head chopped off...or maybe other parts choped off...

The ancient Greeks had very similar behaviors as a normalized part of their culture.
edit on 2/20/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

link   
Who cares what they do? They live in mud huts in the middle of no where.
What they choose to do has no effect on us.

We have alot more important things to worry about than a bunch of fruit loops getting their rocks off.

According to the article no one there has a problem with it. The kid they talked to said he couldn't wait to do it himself.

There is no reason for us to be there anyway, let them have their butt sex and be done with them.
edit on 20-2-2011 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by WhateverHappens

Originally posted by Bee2010

You are one sick individual.

I think that is uncalled for. He has a point there and it is that when sexually repressed, some cultures will find an outlet and that means men preying on the weak they have access to.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Just because this is socially acceptable does not make it a social norm. I'm sure that every child taken under the wing of the "loving male" does not do so willingly. They are children who fear adults and cannot make their on decisions. This is child sexual abuse plain and simple and cannot be winked at regargless of what flag or religion it happens under. To call it anything else is naive.
Seeashrink

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sounds like an English boy's school...
or even worse the Holly Grieg story...you know rampant pedos running the show in Scotland connected to those running the show in Britian connected to those running the show in Brussles....and the Pope...
etc...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Sociologists and anthropologists say the problem results from perverse interpretation of Islamic law.

The problem is that people take a cultural practice from an Islamic country and apply it to Islam or Muslims as a whole, which makes as much sense as saying that all Christians follow the preachings of the Westboro Baptist Church.

The fact that this cultural practice is influenced by a warped interpretation of Islamic law is only a minor point in this, yet the people with an apparent agenda will always highlight the ''Islamic'' factor above all else.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Because that's the only way to spread the fear of "Islamification".

Sadly, my question was more rhetorical than a genuine inquiry, as the conclusion I had reached was the same as yours.

I find it sad how so many people will willingly let themselves get caught up in the Islamophobia that is constantly being reported as ''news''.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

This has been talked about before at great length on ATS. No new news here. As more clear-minded members have already said: this is cultural and not religious. Let us not forget how Catholic priests have a penchant for kids as well.

Edit: If you are about to go on another frenzied anti-Islam rant, then best check the ATS search feature first. Oh, and Facebook has been implicated in child grooming and abuse too, so should we blindly assume social media is a hot bed of rampant pedophilia as well?
edit on 20-2-2011 by LarryLove because: Head out of sand please...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Psst, guess what, pedophilia exists in the whole world. Just ask a few bishops, or some daycare workers..

Sheesh.

you bastards you killed Kenny!

thankfully the responses are level headed and see how big the paintbrush is here.

edit on 20-2-2011 by dl2one because: none

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by MMPI2

This has been talked about before at great length on ATS. No new news here. As more clear-minded members have already said: this is cultural and not religious. Let us not forget how Catholic priests have a penchant for kids as well.

I agree this is cultural and not religious and the OP should have made the distinction in this post, however...you mention catholic priests, isn't that religion, not culture?

Both Culture and Religion can be repressive in their beliefs, let's not forget that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join