It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bahrain must reform now, Clinton says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Bahrain must reform now, Clinton says

www.rawstory.com

WASHINGTON — Bahrain must carry out political reforms immediately, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in comments aired on Sunday in which she blasted any violence by the Gulf kingdom's security forces as unacceptable .

"Bahrain had started on some reform and we want to see them get back to that as quickly as possible," Clinton told ABC's "This Week" program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Bahrain is of vital strategic importance to Washington because the US Navy's Fifth Fleet is based there and some 40 percent of the world's oil passes through the Gulf.

Obama's National Security Adviser Tom Donilon spoke by telephone with the crown prince on Saturday, urging him to respect human rights and launch "meaningful" reform, the White House said.

Well with the human rights violations that have occurred in the past few days, something like this was expected to come from DC. The US has high interest in Bahrain and cannot let it fall. The US has played both sides of each ME conflict/uprising so far, but it seems like they are spearheading this one right now to protect their own interests while sounding like they are playing the human rights violation card.

Its good that DC is stepping up this time around instead of just sitting on the side lines.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Like virtually all politicians, she's a brazen liar, just like the rest of the Administration, the previous Administration, and all of these Western politicians who are owned by the banks, the multinationals, and the sellers of weapons and mercenaries.

Just in December she had this to say about Bahrein's wonderful move towards democracy:

I am very impressed by the progress that Bahrain is making on all fronts – economically, politically, socially. There is a very comprehensive vision of where the people and the Government of Bahrain are headed. I’ve had an excellent, long discussion with His Majesty the King. ...I think that the commitment to democracy is paramount and I’ve heard that from a broad range of your leaders and your citizens. There seems to be a strong broadly-held commitment to democracy.

Of course that was before the bloody US-funded and defended dictatorship started shooting people down in cold blood on the streets.

That criminal doesn't give two cents about democracy in the Middle East, the US only cares about oil, power, bases, and killing on behalf of Israel.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Of course politicians will say anything to boost their ratings. Especially those who are not in power. And then they say "If I were in power..." But when they get power they still act like ones they replaced.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
To bad she doesn't have the insight to say that about her own country.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
To bad she doesn't have the insight to say that about her own country.

Why doesn't the good ol USA just "BUTT OUT" of everybody elses problems, Hillary should start looking in her own back yard instead of looking over the fence.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

I don't know..........I wish we would though. I get sick of hearing about our govt. wanting to make decisions for the rest of the world when they need to be focusing on our own failing country. It's beyond my comprehension.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What hillary really thinks : wish we could do that back home... Dizzy City starting to sweat with their puppets dropping like flies now.. And the public at home becoming more disenchanted...
edit on 20-2-2011 by Expat888 because: Gremlins...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This and more covered here too in case you're interested The Battle of Bahrain

new topics

top topics

join