It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the counters under my name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I am refering to the little counters under my Location/Mood:

P 73 F 21 S 48
W 0.66 K 13

I see that P stands for Posts and F for Flags but what do S, W and K stand for? Thanks in advance

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
stars
???
???
hm dont think it means flags, i dont have any
edit on 19-2-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

W stands for WATS index, and is basically your 'level'. It gets higher as you earn more flags and stars. You can see the same number in your profile section. Up to 1.5, I think it is, it's shown to the nearest hundreth, however, once you go past 1.5, it just rounds to the nearest whole number.

K stands for karma, and starts off at 20. I don't know the exact formula, but it's basically the amount of stars and flags you've had, relative to the amount of posts you've made. So, the higher your star/flag count, in comparison to your post count, the higher your karma. As a very rough guide, 1.5 stars per post=20 karma, and flags are worth a bit less. 20 is the mid-point, as I say. Some older members have very low karma, as stars weren't around back in the "good old days", before rif-raf like myself was around.

They're both aimed at rewarding posters, I suppose. However, you'll often see short, knee-jerk comments, with seemingly very little thought behind them, are the ones that get the most stars, and often people will try and milk a subject for flags and stars, so it isn't always the case that a higher W or K indicates anything particularly positive about the poster.

Hope that makes sense, anyway- I'm very tired, and not the best at explaining things clearly, even when I'm 100%

Oh, and as for S, that stands for stars, as the poster above me stated.

Vjr, F does stand for flags, but you can only get flags when you author a new thread, which I see you've yet to do!
edit on 19-2-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

Thanks man
That clears it all up

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So my Karma sucks? OK... See you next life..

new topics

top topics

join