It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Dreams in Strange Times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well just lately I have been having some CRAZY dreams! More nightmare's if the truth be known!
They all seem to have a common theme, though each dream has infinite complexities within the
context of each dream taken individually there does seem to be SOME exchange of DATA.

I appear to be shown things, Basically the Dreams seem almost "channelled"? And believe
me I am the 1st to scoff at such claims.I do have some belief in such phenomena but just not
when it involves me.I am not special.

How I have drawn this conclusion is that a lot of the stuff in the dreams is really intelligently
presented or at least this is what I feel. Like I'm shown scenarios that involve technology and
even things like Occult teachings and they are very advanced.This is just an example of the dreams.

I am not making any predictions but it's just strange that what I remember of some of these dreams
is not just a mixed up mumbled pile of crap, What I recall are events involving subjects that I know
little about but are very complex and would of required me to study up on some of the things dreamed!

Lets put aside the Whoo Spooky thing and concentrate on this:
How can ANY knowledge be put into my subconsciousness in the 1st place?
Is there a chance I could be meeting Really clever people on the "Astral Plane" and being told this
information by them?
Could I have met say some scientist who told me things I have an interest in but have not learned
enough about the subject but after the dream I have progressed further in my knowledge?

Many will want me to present an EXAMPLE of said Knowledge but alas sorry I don't have one for you.
If I can keep maybe a note pad by the side of my bed so when I awake from the dream I can write down
what if anything I have been told I will do so.Thats the best I can offer.

Does anyone else feel they are told information In there dreams that they could not possibly have
known beforehand? I would be interested to hear any story or maybe an attempt to explain the phenomena.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Well knock me sideways with a house brick...

I just clicked into the Gray Area intending to start a thread about some of the revelatory dreams I've been having in recent years (which have picked up in frequency and intensity of late), and what do I see? A thread authored by your good self on the very same subject - and the most recent thread authored in the Gray Area at that!

Our collective and individual mind/brain/soul complexes are incredibly fascinating places...

"Each man is a world in himself..." "The Kingdom of Heaven is within..." etc.

I firmly believe that by sharing information about our more potent 'revelatory' dreams, we might find ourselves better prepared to face the future...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yep this has happened to me before on several occasions. I used to think it may have something to do with planetary alignments...perhaps Saturn the Great Teacher. The dreams always happened around those times when I was on an inquisitive research bender, trying to figure something out, and then I'd have these cryptic dreams which were like slideshows of images. The next day I'd start researching whatever I was shown in the dream and BAM it would relate, but lead me to a greater deal of knowledge.

The most intense one I ever had was in 2003, I was working on unlocking my third eye, and I had this dream where everything was white, or more appropriately just an absence of colour, and hovering in the centre of this weird projector screen was a very large old rustic key, upright and massive...then below it appeared a disc, also big and rustic, with a square hole in the centre. It looked a little like a Chinese coin. That really boggled my mind. I took that as a symbology for unlocking what was inside me already, as opposed to bringing new stuff in. The amazing thing is though it really felt like they were being given to me, like an initiation.

Have a look at Plato's world of shadows/ideas - the concept is that everything that will ever exist or be thought of is already there for the taking, and once someone thinks of it, is moves from the world of ideas into the universal consciousness. I believe when we dream we access this world, a.k.a the subconscious.

Good topic - definitely keep a dream journal, even if you wake up and can only write down key words!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I always wish I could remember my dreams at all, let alone having the experiences mentioned above. Sadly, I wake up, I'm in "real" life. I get going and have no recollection of even dreaming, let alone what I might have dreamt about.

Definitely post back here with any content you do come up with, OP. I would be fascinated to hear.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I believe our dreams may be heavily influenced by electro magnetic activity. As an experiment I have turned all the electronics off in my home at night before going to bed, by killing them all at the junction box. Without the refigerator, air-conditioner, computer-printers-scanners-dvd players sucking up energy in their own little electronic worlds, the level of man made electo-magnetic interference goes way down.

As a result the dreams become much more vidid and detailed.

Now having said that, I also as of late (the last several months) been enjoying (for the most part) a increase in vivid/lucid dreams to an extent that it's been decades since I have had dreams of this quality and intensity.

Which got me thinking the last phase I went through with these kind of dreams was during the last period of increased solar activity many years ago.

Now here is what I am not sure of, is the increased vividness, lucidity and complexity of the dreams because we are being broadcast too, or is it because the subconcious is registering less external noise of one kind or more external noise of another kind.

By the way speaking of the occult one of my dreams the other night had me performing an occult ritual for all the right reasons (to impress the girl in the dream) but included me reading a spell from a book with pictograms and words that were so intricately laid out on a book artfully crafted, that you really have to wonder, how the heck your mind makes up and produces all these things.

Does it or is there something else involved? That's the great mystery.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Electronic Pollution: How to Save Yourself

Why don't we know more about electrical pollution, and should we care? That's things like the electromagnetic fields around cellphones, hair dryers, certain types of light fixtures, and many other ordinary electrical and electronic devices in the home. In this interview with Whitley Strieber, author David Black explains the very real science behind his thriller The Extinction Event, and offers ideas about how to reduce electrical pollution in our environment.

Why are studies of this major form of pollution suppressed? What can you do about it in your own home? Is wi-fi really something to worry about, and what about the new smartphones—are they more or less dangerous than older model

www.unknowncountry.com...

www.davidblackwriter.com...

Another problem that is being swept under the rug so to speak, this interview is well worth listening to free to download or listen to at the first link I provided.

I agree with Proto, last summer when my power went out for 28 hours I noticed that I felf different and had forgotten that my dreams were more vivid.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I know! I just finished my thread when I found the author of ANOTHER thread that dealt
with the same topic, only they had mentioned things I had held back on but had experienced also!
WHAT is going on!
strange days my friend strange days

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by melsbells137

Interesting theory! and a strange experience we are all sharing. for me it has only been lately
that things have ramped up in the information type transfer if i can call it that?
so you have been having strange dreams of this sort since meditating eh?
well funny cos that is something i have only recently started.maybe there lies a connection?

oh love the PI avatar by the way! Top Film. very deep.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

yes i plan on keeping a journal. may be interesting?
even enlightening maybe who knows?
I urge others to do the same too.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

By the way speaking of the occult one of my dreams the other night had me performing an occult ritual for all the right reasons (to impress the girl in the dream) but included me reading a spell from a book with pictograms and words that were so intricately laid out on a book artfully crafted, that you really have to wonder, how the heck your mind makes up and produces all these things.

EXACTLY! just what is going on here? also i like your theory about the
influence of electromagnetic fields.I realise your talking along the lines of bigger influence's
like mobile phones themselves BUT......
I did read an article that stated NOT to leave your mobile phone anywhere near your
bed as even when switched off the signal though weak can and does affect your sleeping
patterns.
I do not know if i buy into this but it is worth considering. it cannot be ruled out.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Thanks for the info & links Aquarius1 it's getting late here so i shall catch up and read
through the links and info tomorrow when im more focussed.
maybe i will have some dreamscapes for my journal? Who knows.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

No I didn't start meditating (I can't for the life of me keep my mind still) - I was trying to open my third eye by dissolving the long outdated walls around me which were built by my upbringing, society, growing up in a small town blah blah blah - gaining knowledge through research is my own personal form of meditation, so there could still be a link to that and more 'new knowledge' dreams. Once your brain gets used to seeing things in a different way (which any kind of self improvement provides), I imagine it would thus interpret things differently as well. The whole point of dreams is to decipher our daily lives in a way that helps us deal, ie, not have small stresses build up over time. Dreams are our own virtual safety blanket awww!

I agree with ProtoplasmicTraveler that electronics interfere...I used to dream constantly until I started using my mobile as an alarm clock!

Yeah PI rules, so does Aronofsky...that guy truly does understand human suffering in the most creative of ways.
edit on 20-2-2011 by melsbells137 because: Looking up a member's name as a courtesy

edit on 20-2-2011 by melsbells137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Some of the dreams ive had lately have been ufo related. During the catastrophic (tsunamis) events in my dreams, they seem to appear. I dont take this as something minor, since some of my dreams lately have become reality. Eg. Meeting people with same name , and seeing the exact same mountains in my dream. I really think dreams are as important to us as eating, or anything else we commonly do. This is probably why the pleidians recommend we sleep alot more...so we can dream and be intouch with true reality, rather than forced reality. Usually to encourage a dream i say right before i go to sleep "i want to see something i have never seen".
To add to seeing the exact same mountains in my dream, i may also saw the same environment my 3rd eye was seeing. A vision i had in my 3rd eye i saw a forest type place, even seeing people walking. This forest i was seeing was right near the dream mountains. So i mean, both what i dreamt and what i saw in my 3rd eye were at the same place. This totally freaked me out. I think me being a lil psychic helps too lol.

Beam your dream!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well just the same old mumbo jumbo last night that made no sense whatsoever?

But the people that the mind invents that we do not know or have never met,Do these people
actually exist in real life or have they once lived ? so many questions. I can see why people
spend there life trying to work out how the brain functions in sleep especially REM sleep.

I do seem to be able to remember my dreams for a lot longer than i used to be able to,
there does seem to be some mental switch that helps us forget dreams within a few minuets?

Now i cannot rule out the fact that its only natural for topics that i'm interested in to pop into
my dreams but most dreams jump from topic to topic with no real meaning but these are not
the dreams i am interested in.
When the content of the dream becomes focussed and intelligence seems to be involved one
has to wonder what other force is at play here.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I wonder if one could construct a Faraday cage around his bed to achieve this same effect? I'm a little hesitant to suggest this as this topic of dreaming also follows the topic of OBE's and I've heard it mentioned that Faraday cages can prevent the movement of yourself in a OBE. Still, I suppose if you were trapped in the box it wouldn't be hard to find your body again.

It's a interesting line of thought. Now if I only had some copper wiring.

Also, this could be good for people paranoid about supernatural beings or astral travelers spying on them. If it proved accurate that is.

new topics

top topics

join