It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO / Lanterns Northolt, South Harrow UK at 6:45pm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is more of a pre-emptive strike before you get loads of people screaming UFO.

My wife and I were on our way to pick up our daughter from a birthday party when I notice 2 pretty obvious lanterns drifting with the wind from the direction of RAF Northolt towards and past UB5 4DA in the direction of Wembley.

About 2 mins later another pair of lanterns moving slightly faster drifted over.

Sorry no pictures but trust me they were standard lanterns, no noise, flickering light, yellow dome. I followed them by eye and notice one 'go out'.

Hoping that this helps if anyone else posts re these lights.

I should add that there are were and are many flashes in the sky and by the sound of it some fireworks in the area which might add to the mania if the lights were seen.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Mclaneinc because: To add

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

nah, youre gonna get 50 posts in the next 5 minutes yelling that they saw and photographed alien spacecraft flying in complex coordinated patters at 645.

and then you will be called a paid government disinformant about 100 times.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by Mclaneinc

nah, youre gonna get 50 posts in the next 5 minutes yelling that they saw and photographed alien spacecraft flying in complex coordinated patters at 645.

and then you will be called a paid government disinformant about 100 times.

Tell me about it, I wouldn't mind but I'm a believer but I'm not going to pretend I've seen an alien, I simply am not that desperate

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
props for posting this, those that do not know the difference between chinese lanterns and, something else, should not post 'ufo' video's anyway. there are more than enough resources on the net that teach how to spot the regular, and even the stealth aircraft in some cases. as opposed to, something worth watching discussing and ripping apart with imaging software of every kind.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Perhaps it was a new version of the S Class UFO. You know they have been doing that camouflage thing really well these days. Especially since they got Richard Simmons on the design team..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Not trying to be funny but why post this without pictures or video as an example , so as people could see the point you are making ?
The point you make is a valid one , most if not all of these alleged red Orb sightings are misidentified lanterns just doing what lanterns do .
The problem is some people want to believe that they have seen a UFO and a lantern gives them that opportunity .

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hey man, I saw some things last night but certainly not lanterns. There were crafts in my area that were making HUGE bursts of light. They lit up the entire sky. I dont think lanterns do that. I was able to see a center craft once although im not sure what shape it was. I got a few on camera after I saw the first initial few and then I managed to get one of these triangle ships thats fly over. Its hard to tell on the video but they never make any noise, I see them all the time. They go all different speeds all different directions. Its no speildburgh production, Im surprised it even came out. But UFOs are real and completely exist.

www.youtube.com...

Of course some crafts are our governments. Say, even if half, or more of every UFO sighting IS our governments craft...they were still back engineered by real crafts, and the rest are genuine. Our governments are laughing at us knowing they can have these ships flying all over our heads and telling us its weather balloons and swamp gas, black out parts of google sky and photoshop all their pictures and get away with it. Almost all the evidence is out on the internet, and still people believe them. Sorry for the rant, it bugs me.
edit on 19-2-2011 by iversusvsversusi because: I skuck at spellnig

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Not trying to be funny but why post this without pictures or video as an example , so as people could see the point you are making ?
The point you make is a valid one , most if not all of these alleged red Orb sightings are misidentified lanterns just doing what lanterns do .
The problem is some people want to believe that they have seen a UFO and a lantern gives them that opportunity .

The simple answer is that I didn't have my phone on me nor did my wife, I kind of hoped the description would be enough to give people a clue as to why I know they were lanterns. This was the first time I'd seen lanterns up close and yes initially they look very odd especially as there's zero noise but once you see the flicking dome, the flickering light inside and you see that they are following the path of the wind then there's only once choice.

I've seen what people would class as a real ufo, these silly man made lights were not that and I just wanted to make people think before they force their minds to believe what they saw was anything more than party lights.

Which I suppose brings me to the point that even If I had got footage I'd bet the thread would run many pages with claims they were actually ufo's, as you say, people will believe what they want and not what their eye's are seeing.

Oh, on that note I've seen many people say about how what they can't have been lanterns because they were moving too fast, well to those I have to say that the second set we saw were moving very fast. What people fail to realise is that while you think there's not a lot of wind that normally means you are being buffered from it by trees and buildings.

I live on top of a hill, while we watched these lanterns we carried on walking out from the path area that has lots of trees up to the bus stop on the top of the hill, the wind there was going great guns,
edit on 20-2-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2011 by Mclaneinc because: addition

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
Hey man, I saw some things last night but certainly not lanterns. There were crafts in my area that were making HUGE bursts of light.

Can I just say that this is not related to my report in case there's confusion, the posters details say he's in the US.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I've seen lanterns maintain what looks like a pattern formation until they hit different pockets of air and start to drift apart and towards each other with varying speeds. Sometimes very fast indeed. I do honestly believe that the vast majority of sighting is because of these bloody annoying things. They are a pain when doing astrophotography also as they mess up your images when trailing through. Same as planes, satellites and choppers.

top topics

join