It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law & Order:U.K. - This Time With Wigs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Been watching this for a few weeks now. I'm curious if it's popular across the pond, if anyone here from the U.K. is watching it and what they think. It's almost a letdown for me, as I've watched too many L&O - in all it's incarnations - to know these stories are all rehashed from the original L&O, just translated for the U.K. slightly different but pretty much the same.

Well, except for the wigs.

The first time was a mild shock. I've been known to enjoy Battlestar Galactica and seeing Jaime Bamber speak in his normal accent - even though I knew he wasn't from America - took a bit to get used to. I also need to get my closed captioning working as I miss so many words. Sometimes the accents throw me, other times I just don't know the slang and everyday terms. I learn a little bit here and there, though. The episode I just watched had the guy ask the question "Do you get on with your parents" where we would ask "Do you get along with your parents".

Al in all, not bad. The characters are pretty much the same except for the girl prosecutor, her story is different than the ones here. Many of these stories were taken from real events with just a few minor details changed, which I've always thought is a bit sad, the things people do to each other. Anyway, interesting show and it has WIGS!!!!

As messed up as the stories on L&O are, it doesn't compare to L&O:SVU - that show is brutal. All those sex crimes with children would have driven those detectives to the loony bin if they were real people. I don't think anyone could do that job for any length of time. Watch the episode titled Pandora and if that doesn't affect you big time(say big-big) then you are missing your soul or something.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I thought I'd try this one more time. I'm a little surprised there were no takers for this. Quite a popular show, been around for twenty plus years. Oh well, no biggie.

join