It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two New Islands Rising!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My husband is a Map Freak and having observed Lake Taupo (volcanic lake in New Zealand) for about a year via LINZ (Land information New Zealand) He downloaded the last update for Lake Taupo Navigation Chart and noticed LINZ have placed two new Islands below the water in the North Eastern Part of the Lake.

Considering this is a Volcanic Lake should we be concerned. I'm sure there are members who would know if this is normal or not.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

I can't say what is normal there or not but it looks pretty busy in that part of the world recently

GeoNet

Do you have any pics? or maybe links to before and after maps or anything?

edit on 18-2-2011 by okiecowboy because: typo

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Sounds normal, I'm no geologist (or a jerk) but I believe that is how islands are formed. It's been 6 or so years since I was in a geology class and I believe that is how Hawaii was formed.

Wasn't there a new island born about a month ago? Thought I read it somewhere (runs to google)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Where exactly?

Horomatangi Reefs have been there for a few thousand years if that is where you mean, they are underwater volcanc domes.

Are they getting higher?

I had a look at what LINZ have as far as maps go for Taupo

here is a TIFF image (careful its huge, 4MB)
dl.dropbox.com...

I found it openes best with Microsoft Office Picture Manager

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzy
Where exactly?

Horomatangi Reefs have been there for a few thousand years if that is where you mean, they are underwater volcanc domes.

Are they getting higher?

I had a look at what LINZ have as far as maps go for Taupo

here is a TIFF image (careful its huge, 4MB)
dl.dropbox.com...

I found it openes best with Microsoft Office Picture Manager

Husband says they're not at the point where the reefs are they are further north easterly direction. To get updates that sit on top of the maps are called shapefiles which are the updates that show these two underwater islands.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I just want to notate a recent earthquake, magnatude 3.5 offshore of Alabama only five hours ago. For all those interested in earthquake and BP news. The earth is going through some "earthshaking" changes right now.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by staciebee

I just want to notate a recent earthquake, magnatude 3.5 offshore of Alabama only five hours ago. For all those interested in earthquake and BP news. The earth is going through some "earthshaking" changes right now.

Have you reported it on Quake Watch there is a good thread for it here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by crookedj0k3r
Sounds normal, I'm no geologist (or a jerk) but I believe that is how islands are formed. It's been 6 or so years since I was in a geology class and I believe that is how Hawaii was formed.

Wasn't there a new island born about a month ago? Thought I read it somewhere (runs to google)

Taupo lake is in a Volcanic crater!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

Husband says they're not at the point where the reefs are they are further north easterly direction. To get updates that sit on top of the maps are called shapefiles which are the updates that show these two underwater islands.

You lost me now with the shapefiles. Are you talking real maps on paper and plastic film overlays?.
I can't see anything on LINZ except Fortnightly Upadates and the last one was 2009 for a new bouy, NW of the Reefs.
www.linz.govt.nz...

that original map I posted the link to was 2006.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Taupo Lake IS the Crater

Just like the other Supervolcano, Lake Toba in Sumatra.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

You lost me now with the shapefiles. Are you talking real maps on paper and plastic film overlays?.
sorry I"m not much help but shapefiles are another version of GPX file used on GPS systems. Which updates the current/older map.

Husband is looking for it again hasn't found it yet!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Didn't Edgar Cayce and some others say something about new land rising and land vanishing as well? and Indonesia is currently sinking while land is rising in NZ. This is not the first however, land has risen in 2009/2010 as well I just cant remember which.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISis12RA12ELohim
Didn't Edgar Cayce and some others say something about new land rising and land vanishing as well? and Indonesia is currently sinking while land is rising in NZ. This is not the first however, land has risen in 2009/2010 as well I just cant remember which.

Sounds to me like they're more like volcanic plumes this is an inland lake right in the center of a supervolcano

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Sounds to me like they're more like volcanic plumes this is an inland lake right in the center of a supervolcano

Wow I just found this article about the sea bed around Australia is rising 13ft per day just take a look it's also talking about the prophesies relating to it.
cj.myfreeforum.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Wow I just found this article about the sea bed around Australia is rising 13ft per day just take a look it's also talking about the prophesies relating to it.
cj.myfreeforum.org...

NOAA has a Tsunami station in event mode activated for Station 55023 – STB Coral Sea located at 14.803 S 153.585 E (14°48’9″ S 153°35’6″ E).
The tsunami station has been in event mode since the large quakes occurred in the area for several days now.
This is triggered by the buoys’ anomalies of water column height above the sea floor.
If you do a data search for 2010 March 20th to 2010 April 13th you get this- Over 100 meters or 328 feet less distance from buoy to sea floor in 24 days!
That’s 13 feet per day since the quakes. As you will see from the waves on the line graph it matches the tide lines perfectly

So Station buoy 55023 is still on the surface. Its not the lunar cycles, checked that as well. There also has been a very odd sea surface temperature in the same location
See link CSIRO web page [link]
Note the area in blue on the map on the left then see the unusually cold surface temperatures on the surface in the map on the right.
Seismic activity has also offers a good insight as to what may be occurring.

Note the long time periods of S waves on this seismic station is the upward thrust of the ocean floor by 13 feet per day?
Does anyone know what’s going on in this area? Is 2012 events already on it`s way?

It is also now speculated that the Indo Australian Plate is moving north-west, colliding with and subducting beneath the
Eurasian Plate and this movement is allegedly causing the Indo Australian Plate to tip so that the western half of Australia will sink while the eastern seaboard will rise.
However, the rate of movement of the Plate is so slow that it seems unlikely that that subduction is causing the rapid sea level rises recorded in the
Coral Sea before the two NOAA buoys were taken off line, or at least their readings no longer made public.

What`s the conclusion?

One theory is, that it is more likely that at least parts of Lemuria are beginning to rise with totally uncertain consequences for Australia and especially the east coast.
In any event the seismic activity around Vanuatu and along the western boundary of the Pacific Ring of Fire in the southern hemisphere indicates that the east coast of Australia and especially the
Queensland coast needs to be on alert for possible tsunamis when generated there. Anyway big changes are going on here on earth, that`s for sure.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I would definately look at malfunctioning equipment in this case too.....
I cant say how many false flag tsunamis and disasters have been called over these readings which not too may seem able to interpret easily.
The fact of a rising ocean floor is not proven here at all.....
We need confirmation from some wiser member in this area.....
Any Aussie geologists available for comment?
If this is happening for real it deserves a lot more discussion./attention.

top topics

join