It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Fox News trying to make conspiracy theorists look bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I honestly believe that Fox News is trying to make conspiracy theorists look bad. In the past they used to be hostile towards conspiracy theories or suggestions about conspiracy theories but now it seems that they have a hard on for George Soros conspiracy theories, they think google is part of a left-wing conspiracy (as opposed to it being a left and right conspiracy)... they have all sorts of conspiracy theories about what is going on with the Muslim world.

I think that the people on Fox News are using conspiracy theories to hide behind their bigotry to come up with alternate explanations for what's going on and in the end they are minimizing their real opposition by making people that try to come up with alternative explanations for what's going on look bad. It just seems like that's what they've been doing lately, and I just can't help but think that they are using conspiracy theories as a tool to get more ratings and to just look ridiculous while doing so in order to get more people to watch their show.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm not sure how they are thinking. I know Karl Rove was bashing truthers and ron paul the last night or two on O'rielly.

edit on 18-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think they try and make anyone in opposition look bad, just like they all do, but Faux took the game to a whole new level. But the thing is, those with the strongest and loudest stance, that at the same time condemn so many, stand to be the biggest hypocrites, imo.

spec

ETA: They have their own conspiracy theorist too with Beck. Conspiracy theories are kind of going mainstream now also, so naturally the talking heads would include some. I bet someone at Faux even checks in ATS every now and then, We are, after all fair and balanced here

edit on 19-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
FOX News tries to make everybody look bad.

It's good for ratings.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

It's not just Fox News.....

All the major media do this........Even Bill O'Reilly rails against MSM, but he's one of them... lol

Of course it's all prepared so that we are all separated into us against them.

The number one cable news channel, and somehow they aren't part of the MSM? LOL

Yes, Fox News wants to make conspiracy theorists look bad.

Glen Beck scoffs at some things, however, he grabs the coat tails of some more acceptable theories.

He's a whore, Fox is a whore, and the rest of them are whores.

It's not just Fox.

But they get lots of press, because they ARE the number one cable network news channel..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Does this question require asking? Fox aims to discredit not only us nutty truthers, but every group that could be beneficial to ratings to thrash.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Having actually had a production assistance contact me directly seeking information on a conspiracy theory before in 2008 I can honestly report that FOX news is open to such nuttery. Even if that was a couple of years ago.

The other networks I'm sure will follow their lead soon and answer with their own "Beck".

join