It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bahraini Military opens machinegun fire on protesters trying to reach hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Bahraini Military opens machinegun fire on protesters trying to reach hospital

www.allvoices.co m

The Bahraini military has opened machinegun fire on protesters who were trying to reach hospital, injuring hundreds, in what appears to be an attempted massacre, medics say. The Army has prevented ambulances and medics from reaching those wounded amid massive pro-democracy protests in Bahrain, Dr. Ghasam, a resident at Salmaniyeh hospital in Manama, told reporters on Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The Bahraini military has opened machinegun fire on protesters who were trying to reach hospital, injuring hundreds, in what appears to be an attempted massacre, medics say.

The Army has prevented ambulances and medics from reaching those wounded amid massive pro-democracy protests in Bahrain, Dr. Ghasam, a resident at Salmaniyeh hospital in Manama, told Press TV on Friday.

He said that the protesters were marching to hospital in silence to visit those wounded in the previous rallies, when they were ambushed by troops waiting near the hospital.

"They did not even chant anti-government slogans, they wanted to visit those injured on Thursday," Dr. Ghasem said.

He maintained that the massacre was planned in advance.

"We need help! Our staff is entirely overwhelmed. They are shooting at people's heads. Not at the legs. People are having their brains blown out," Dr. Ghasam said.

He also compared the situation at the hospital to a war zone.

Bahraini lawmaker Ali al-Aswad, who was at the hospital at the time of incident, also told Press TV that the army has prevented the medical staff from reaching those injured and urged the Bahraini authorities to stop killing their own people.

According to the Bahraini lawmaker, nearly 700 army troops are stationed near the hospital.

Following the violence, Bahrain's crown prince Salman bin Hamad al-Khalifa promised to start a national dialogue, once calm returns.

The Friday shooting came after a funeral procession held for those killed on Thursday turned into pro-democracy protests with a turnout of tens of thousands, which is unprecedented over the past few weeks.

Four pro-democracy protesters were killed and 231 others wounded after riot police raided the protest camp in the early hours of Thursday, when most of the demonstrators were sleeping, in an attempt to clear capital's main square from demonstrators.

The funeral procession of the victims was held after the Friday Prayers.

www.allvoices.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-2-2011 by ANClENT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Let me make this plain and clear Bahrain regime has officially sealed their death.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Agreed. With this action, this went from an attempted peacefull uprising to a civil war.. my take at least

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

my stomach hurts....

and this is the EARLY phase of world proTESTS

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have a thread started on this too, in case you're interested. The Battle of Bahrain

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the update, Ancient.

There can never be too many threads on these issues.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ANClENT

How credible is that source?
Looks like anyone can post there..

If true it is disgusting and will cause mass riots..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me. Saudi Arabia sent tanks and APC to Bahrain yesterday to help them against the protesters.

Now... IMO this was just too much. The Bahrain government is doomed, along with the US 5th fleet home.

The US empire is crumbling quite fast...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The madness never ends.. Am offer joss sticks and prayers for those who died... Saddened beyond words at present.. Humanity will never learn...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
A lot of good Hillary's lecture did!
She should go to the Middle East and hold a public speech unguarded...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Another highly intelligent response that obviously has a deep understanding of world politics. Or not.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This has nothing to do with American hegemony crumbling. How do you even know we are not involved?

I do agree with the statement about the Saudis, they may intervene and if they do, Iran may intervene on behalf of the massacred Shiites.

We may be looking at the precursors to another Persian Gulf war.

The US needs to be very careful with who we support and what that support consists of.

If the Saudis help slaughter people, we need to back off and call for sanctions against Arabia. If they play the oil card, we can snatch it out of their hand.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

This has nothing to do with American hegemony crumbling. How do you even know we are not involved?

If Bahrain is toppled, this would be a sign of American's hegemony crumbling. Know why? The new regime might kick the 5th US fleet out of there. How do I know the US is not involved? Hell, Bahrain is a US puppet, and home of the 5th fleet. No way in hell the US would risk to put it at risk to make a fake revolution when it's already working great.

I do agree with the statement about the Saudis, they may intervene and if they do,

Not ``they may``, THEY ALREADY HAVE.

Iran may intervene on behalf of the massacred Shiites.

Iran won't do squat. You think Iran is gonna invade Bahrain, home of the 5th US fleet? Mwahahahaha, they are not THAT crazy.

If the Saudis help slaughter people, we need to back off and call for sanctions against Arabia.

That's a good one. Will never happen. The US won't turn Saudi Arabia against them for a few hundreds dead protesters. Are you kidding? It just won't happen. Not in a million years.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If people are in the streets things are not ok.

If the 5th fleet relocates, everything changes.

Who would of thought that the US would have turned against Mubarak? The US has no loyalty to these dictatorships. They are expendable. As soon as they are no longer useful or necessary we will no longer support them. We think in terms of utility and necessity not honor and loyalty.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Who would of thought that the US would have turned against Mubarak?

It took a while. The US tolerated it's crimes for 30 years. Now just because it had been public and everyone was watching, THEN the US government decided to stop supporting him.

Now, Bahrain is doing what the Egyptian military was not crazy enough to do... machine gun people. And it's not 24/7 on all MSM as it should be.

The strongest word from the US government is :

"I am deeply concerned by reports of violence in Bahrain, Libya and Yemen. The United States condemns the use of violence against peaceful protesters in those countries, and wherever else it may occur."

Gee.

More exposition of those corrupt dictatorships will mean the US will be forced to stop supporting them.

If the 5th fleet relocates, everything changes.

Indeed. I don't know how much in infrastructure the US would lose... probably in the billions. I wonder where they would move next... Saudi Arabia? Saudi Arabia is less likely to fall IMO.

Saudi Arabia have too much investments in the US and too much oil.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by ANClENT

How credible is that source?
Looks like anyone can post there..

If true it is disgusting and will cause mass riots..

already on several threads on ATS,
Where is MSM and all western democratic countries to condemn and to intervene now? Where ? They attacked Serbia in the hart of Europe and they were so loud back then.

edit on 18-2-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ok brothers and sisters of the free world the time is now. These people died for what they believed to be true, i've seen post's about how we should own guns and arm our selves to the teeth, I laugh at these, for every gun you own the army has a rocket, nuke etc etc. The only way we can make a difference in the western world is a day of solidarity for our brothers and sisters of freedom. The easiest way is a day of non-productivity, where you go to work but refuse to work, lets test what you've got! The worse that can happen is you can be sacked and lose your home....nothing compared what happened to these poor folk.

What is the price of freedom?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
hearing this doctor's plea for help
reminded me of a conversation between
Earp and Holliday in the movie Tombstone.

Wyatt Earp: What makes a man like Ringo, Doc? What makes him do the things he does?
Doc Holliday: A man like Ringo has a great empty hole through the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.
Wyatt Earp: What does he need?
Doc Holliday: Revenge.
Wyatt Earp: For what?
Doc Holliday: Being born.

en.wikiquote.org...

Seems like the Elites and Ringo have a lot in common.

top topics

join