It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Explorer is Dying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Take a look at some stats:

en.wikipedia.org...

Old school (2002-2009)

Really old school (96-98):

Just goes to show how technology is changing and people are getting tired of the tricks. Seems that interent explorer is losing at a rate of approximately 1% per month. Firefox seems relatively stable and chrome and the mobile markets are rocketing. I use Firefox cause it has adblock plus and various other addons and good popup blocker capabilities. People are waking up

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I use IE, I dont have any issues with it, but I understand there are security gaps ect.

One thing I want to point out about google chrome use, is that at least 1-2% of those people probably dont even realize they are using it, because they sneak it in and have you download it on a plethora of differenet things (IE when you download a program, you have to make sure to UNCLICK the "install google chrome free" part)

That irks me

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
ahh..i remember netscape lol actually my favorite , but firefox wasnt around then (that i knew of) now all i use is firefox. i used opera for a while, but ...ehh. it was ok on my ppc but not my desktop. did not like

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JustinIowa

Lol... at that. I'm sorry, but to not know what browser one is using is totally hilarious, to me, but I'm sure that's true. Huge pet-peeve of mine is having to unclick all the extra junk trying to ride the backs of a download (toolbars, browsers, etc) I just want the download, nothing more! Grrrrrr.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The best reason to use Firefox:

addons.mozilla.org...

Do a comparison yourself with the same page loaded up in IE and Firefox, you will see the difference.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JustinIowa

Yea but the point is that, even it gets installed, these statistics are from websites that store the server logs. For instance the wikipedia server logs. Even if you use IE you cant accidentally browse on wikipedia using chrome unless you install chrome and allow it to be your default browser. Even if you let it be your default browser,you then have to click on the chrome icon to start it up.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have a personal vendetta against Internet Explorer.

One time, I went shopping inside of a Best Buy, and renamed all of the IE shortcuts to "Internet Exploder" since that's what it does.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
I have a personal vendetta against Internet Explorer.

One time, I went shopping inside of a Best Buy, and renamed all of the IE shortcuts to "Internet Exploder" since that's what it does.

That is hilarious! I don't have anything against IE, but I use Firefox. It uses less memory on average and pages just load faster.

Your post reminded me of helping someone with a browser issue and they couldn't for the life of them tell me what browser they were using. They kept telling me and all they usually do is click the internet button. I finally had to go over to their desk and sure enough, someone changed their IE icon and renamed it, in all Caps, "THE INTERNET".

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If Chrome (and Iron and Comodo Dragon and Chromium) would make one change, the Zoom feature, I would use it more often than Firefox because it does seem faster (though Firefox 4.0 is quick, too) . I don't like that it goes from 100-120% increments. Annoying. For now, Firefox has all the "extras" that make it customizable. Once Chrome (and its offshoots) are able to adjust in the same way, Firefox will have to up their game...

top topics

join