It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

goofy airplanes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Couldnt help but see the c-130's fly over my house tonight. this is typical, at least once a week behavior, but they werent on their regular flight pattern. Maybe 700ft high , 2 of them is how they always fly this I know , but the lead plane was running dark ( no lights, none at all ) and the other was following it directly behind 300 ft maybe. Is this a normal thing , granted maybe it had some electrical issues or something , but they also seemed like they were running a little more throttle than usual. please be easy on me this is my first thread, not sure if its the right place either . mods move if necessary. thanks any input appreciated.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by smallblockchevy

i just posted the vid to show others what plane you are talking about.

I’ll ask my hubby he might know.
Sounds like training to me though.
What country are you in? ... It may make a difference. All defence forces work differently.

edit on 18/2/11 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It is suspected that C-130s and special teams are located around the US if not the world to quickly respond to emergencies such as alien UFOs and probably any exotic domestic craft that have crashed and deorbited rockets and satellites. These planes can land and take off from dirt runways, drop equipment and paratroopers from the air, or off-load skidded equipment on to runways from low-level passes. All of these capabilities allow them to be very adaptable to about any situation that requires a quick response and which is beyond the resources of the local scene.

A few years ago there was a strange situation in south central Texas where within a two-week period two objects (one, an apparent 1000-gallon-size tank) had supposedly fell from space within a couple of hundred miles of each other. That would have been a phenomenal coincidence! Shortly after that time, there was a C-130 that was making low passes in a grid pattern over part of the area.

My outrageous conclusion was that the objects, supposedly from space, were actually old fuel tanks from rockets that had been dropped from earlier flights of the plane(s) to simulate a crash of some sort. And the subsequent night flight grid pattern were part of the simulation to local such debris. You may dismiss this whole scenerio, but the military leaves little to chance and has contingency plans for about every situation. Rescueing, protecting and recovering falling things from the sky is easily within such concepts.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Training flight.. Pilots learn to fly with no lights and using nvg (night vision goggles) to see with. At least thats how army helicopter pilots did years ago.. Sounds like they still train pilots that way from what you describe.. Standard procedure and nothing to worry about they had some damn good (and slightly crazy) pilots years ago when was in... Had some fun helicopter rides back then on the old hueys ..

top topics

join