It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychedelic experiences becoming spotaneous?The awakening within many people, they talk like they ju

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I won't go into detail because of T&C, but I'll just say this:

Even with higher dosages of certain substances the "hallucinations" almost always have a basis in reality. I'm highly skeptical of anyone claiming that they saw something appearing out of nothing. Sure, you can imagine anything you want, but in the end, you know that it isn't there.

Salvia could be a different thing, but then it isn't a tryptamine. I think that the states that cause actual visual hallucinations (pink elephants) could be mentally very dangerous (delirium). That's probably the reason why tryptamines don't bend the mind that much. Most of us couldn't just handle that without going completely bonkers.

Oh yeah, something else about 'delics:

I think they're also a tool to understand gigantic and abstract concepts, like cosmos. They may just be the key to everything.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

In regards to things coming out of nothing, the three white spirits i saw on '___' have only one place in this reality where they exist. & that is in aboriginal cave paintings, specifically 'the wadjinas' -> www.kimberleycoastalcamp.com.au...

The aboriginals have been using dmt for a very long time; according to your logic are you suggesting that both I and the artist of those paintings saw the same spirits simply because our minds created them? I find it very hard to believe that my mind is AT ALL similiar to someone who existed 10 000 years ago's. (that's when some of those paintings date back to)

And as for citing that aboriginals use '___', the first fellow to write a book in Australia said he smoked a pipe with leaf in it and oil dripped on top. When he smoked it he said spirits rose from the ground. I can delve into the interwebs and find the source if you'd like... They also use it to this day for smoking ceremonies (wattle bark that is)

As for the pink elephant being dangerous, are you serious? That was one of the most ecstatic moments of my life, delirium is far from the correct word.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Oh and in regards to hallucinogens not enhancing the evolutionary process, i suggest you read 'Food of The Gods' by Terrance Mckennar. It's about how magic mushrooms could have quite possibly accelerated us into more advanced techniques of hunting/shelter/communication. The first documented use of them dates back to around the same time these evolutionary advances were made.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I actually starred you for that; thanks for clarifying your position, I can appreciate it and would have almost entirely agreed with you until I smoked dmt and took a few higher doses of lsd.

You're right, the drugs' interaction with me is purely physical, and possibly endogenous in an ambient sense - but it would make sense that if there are some gateways to a metaphysical space, they would have mechanisms that are manifest physically and physiologically natural..

edit on 23-2-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join