It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI urges Congress to expand Internet wiretapping

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
This is what used to be known as the American Judcial Branch of government. The judicial branch was supposed to protect the constitution and make the government yeild to it's limitations on power. No more.

Today's elite - citizens of the world - have decided they are above the constitution now and the courts agree that they are no longer restricted to the meaning of the constitution either. It's one big happy lawless family now.

There has been discussion in various groups in Australia whether to implement a constitution or not.. wonder if the subject of a "judicial branch" will come up.

The largest corporations just dictate to the gov anyway. :-/ While the dollar rules, nothing will change.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It seems as if every week there is another attempt from a different angle to erode our freedoms and violate our privacy. It is very troubling trend in this country, and the western world in general at the moment and its not going to end any time soon.

I'm not sure how many internet users there are in the US, lets say 75 million. Be interesting how the government would deal with 50 million Freedom of Information Act requests for any and all information collected pertaining to John Q. Public, ssn xxx-xx-xxxx

If these folks are so interested in what I'm doing on-line and on e-mail how about they send an agent over to my place every morning and he can read me my e-mails while I sip my coffee? Thats a win/win.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I could care less

I think you mean you "couldn't care less".
Be that as it may, perhaps you should care anyway.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think people are missing the point, yes you are correct that they probably don't care about the average person...but the simple fact that they have the potential to invade and violate your privacy with laws like these if they wish to do so is reason enough to fight against it.
And the nothing to hide nothing to worry about argument is nonsense, using that logic the state should just put CCTV cameras in every house...if you are not doing anything illegal what's the problem?

edit on 18-2-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join