It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska refuses health care law!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
JUNEAU, Alaska – Alaska Gov. Sean Parnell says he will not enact the federal health care overhaul after a judge in Florida struck down the law as unconstitutional.

Parnell considers that ruling the law of the land, barring implementation in the state. He said the state will pursue options of its own instead.

Source: news.yahoo.com...

Hurray for Alaska! May other states find their guts in the coming weeks and months to come.
Let the Health Insurance Company coup over our government die in a bed of fascist burning embers!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If it weren't so freakin cold in Alaska I would move there or Montana.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm a little concerned. I'm against obama's health care bill, but recently decided to take advantage of it while I'm still of age to be covered on my mom's good insurance (up until I'm 26, as per the bill).

Got some MRIs and am scheduled for double knee surgery on march first... am I about to get screwed?
This is not something we could ever afford on our own, and we're already into the process...

I keep saying it feels like I'm letting the mob do me a favor, but now it looks like I might have dug my own hole...

I don't feel too good right now.
edit on 17-2-2011 by alaskan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

Sure, let people who can't afford health care die.
Woohoo.. Yay for Alaska!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think I'll refuse the income tax law...

oh wait.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry

Woohoo.. Yay for Alaska!

really is that what is happening now? gun shot victems and the like are being turned away at emergency rooms???

sorry your not going to be able to give me a good enough reason why i should be forced to have healthcare and then fined if i do not. kind of messes with that whole "freedom" thing.........

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
I'm a little concerned. I'm against obama's health care bill, but recently decided to take advantage of it while I'm still of age to be covered on my mom's good insurance (up until I'm 26, as per the bill).

Got some MRIs and am scheduled for double knee surgery on march first... am I about to get screwed?
This is not something we could ever afford on our own, and we're already into the process...

I keep saying it feels like I'm letting the mob do me a favor, but now it looks like I might have dug my own hole...

I don't feel too good right now.

But try thinking about how what you just said might sound to others.

Would this be a correct paraphrasing?

Because you discovered it might help you personally, you're now having 2nd thoughts - never mind the overall negative effects on the health of the entire country.

To me it seems sad that so many young people today seem so willing to jump from having their parents take care of all their needs to letting and expecting the government to take over for their parents instead of deciding to do it on their own like previous generations have done.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry

Woohoo.. Yay for Alaska!

False, false, false - and I'm going to assume you know this and are purposefully posting false information.

Just ask any illegal sitting in any U.S. hospital waiting room.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So i guess Alaska will not be having the 16,000 new irs agents crawling up there arses either

Or the people, businesses, and corporations will not have to file the 1099 form for amounts over $600.00 wow

Hurray for these states that will not give away and mandate indentured servitute to their citizens, what a fresh breath of air

edit on 17-2-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by allprowolfy because: need a beer

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
But try thinking about how what you just said might sound to others.

Would this be a correct paraphrasing?

Because you discovered it might help you personally, you're now having 2nd thoughts - never mind the overall negative effects on the health of the entire country.

I could care less how it sounds to others. I see the federal government handing out tens of billions of dollars to corporations and other countries on a weekly basis, and I'm supposed to think that the cost of my surgeries and others like them are going to have a negative impact on the economy?

anyone taking a stance like I'm some wishy-washy traitor trying to rely on someone can get bent

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
If it weren't so freakin cold in Alaska I would move there or Montana.

Actually, Anchorage and down in Juneau are more temperate than Montana, except we have no real summer in Anchorage. We go straight from spring like weather to fall like weather most years and the winters are long. If you watch the weather in Anchorage, you will note most days it's ten degree's warmer than in area's like Idaho and Montana. It's also far better weather and warmer than that ice box over in North Dakota and beyond.

You go north of here though and that all changes. However most of the population lives in the Anchorage / Palmer / Wasilla area here and south of here. You only live in Fairbanks if you have too. Brutally cold winters there.

Living here has lots of benefits. There was just a story in the news that vacancy rates here are at 2%. To compare and contrast, my business partner manages a couple of thousand rental properties in Southern California and he told me a month ago that their vacancy rate was over 30%.

We also have no State Income Taxes and sales taxes only in some area's. Anchorage has no sales taxes for instance.

The net result is that the Recession has had a muted impact here. Businesses are doing well, but some are sitting on their money out of fear and not spending. If you don't have a job here, you don't want one. Sadly like other places, while businesses run short handed, many have chosen to sit and collect the checks from Obama through the string of extensions. If not for that, unemployment would be lower.

Most of my customers are other small businesses and I talk to them often. Many tell me they just had two of their best years but they still sit on their disposable cash out of fear of what is going to happen next. I've actually had them tell me that in way of apology for not buying more even though they have plenty of resources. Many complain how they are short on help and can't find any. I've imported my last two people from the lower 48 in fact just to get qualified people.

edit on 2/17/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I don't get it. You're against Obama's Health Care yet you're taking advantage of it? I guess there are some good things in the law after all? Most college graduates find themselves without health insurance because it takes awhile to find a job that offers health care benefits. With the way the economy is, it's even worse! Why should you feel guilty?

The health care law that was passed isn't perfect, but any bill that's passed has to be refined. My daughter just graduated from college in December and she's still searching for work. In the mean time she's substituting for the local school district with no benefits. So she can now stay on my insurance plan until she gets on her feet. What's so wrong with that?

There are a lot of other good things in the health care bill such as being denied insurance because of a pre-existing condition. Should people just be left to die if insurance companies don't want cover them? How can people be so callous to think that's ok? I can't understand how people can be so against providing health care to all Americans. Our government can draft us into a war to die for this country. Yet is it asking too much for our government to help provide health care to all its citizens? It's a basic human right!

Maybe those that are so much against a health care bill would find out real quick how important it is if they lost their job and health care benefits.

...And no, I'm not a democrat or a republican I think both parties are one of the same.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

First let me remind you the government has no money. When you see them spending, they are spending money they take away from the people who did the work to earn it. For you it's like winning the lottery, but for those paying for it, it is not. It's less they have to spend on themselves and their own families.

Let me tell you a true story here that might help -

I have a long time employee who's health got so bad he had to take his Social Security early at 62. His troubles were so serious in fact that he was able to get supplemental approved in just three days which is unheard of. Most have to hire and attorney and go to court for that. He was also able to get Medicaid.

Now the other side of this coin you have failed to turn over. The budget for Medicaid was also cutt to help pay for what you are getting. For over a year, while waiting to find out if they were going to let him die, they kept putting him off on a decision whether or not they could pay for his surgery. They kept telling him we will have a decision in a few days and did that for over a year. Then his condition went critical and we almost lost him. He had a very radical surgery from which there was little hope he would live. He miraculously survived even though his hemoglobin was down so low he should not have lived. His spirit and will is all that saved him.

Why did this happen? The money was directed towards people like you, young people who will vote for Obama next time. Your willing to ignore that as long as you get yours and they know it. He worked and paid in for 43 years and when he needed help, he could not get it. You have not yet contributed and are just starting but the money he paid in was diverted to you. They are simply shuffling the deck towards those who they think will vote for them. Obama could care less about your knee's in fact.

Now to me. I have a pre-existing condition which might lead you to say I should be for Obamacare. Well, here is the truth. The first thing I did is look into the coverage available through that Bill and guess what, not only is it so high I can't possibly afford it, it's higher than it would have been to buy it from an insurance company which I could not afford in the first place. The rates varied from around $750 a month to about $1,740 per month and the limited funds were first come first serve. I came in at the high end. Being a Small Business Owner who earns a modest income, there is no way I can afford that and they knew that when they wrote it into that phony Bill. I have now worked and paid in for 40 years but for me this scheme made my situation worse. I'm thinking of going to Canada for care.

Look at the end results. By giving coverage to young people like you through your parents, what have they done? The insurance rates have gone up dramatically because of it to prevent the insurance companies form going broke complying with it. They have taken money away from those who are entering old age to fund their scheme and harmed those who have paid in their whole lives. Why? They know their best voter base is among young people who they handed a large bribe to entice you to vote for them. A bribe that comes from money taken away from those who earned it. No matter how you slice it, it's welfare to buy votes.

Obama has also given wavers to well over 200 companies and unions. The same companies and unions who funded his last campaign. It's Cronyism at its definitive worst. GE for instance got a huge break, not to mention they own NBC and it's affiliates and control what news they report. Their CEO is now the head of Obama's Economic Advisers. You really think this is not a payback? Is it right that if you support Obama your company gets and exemption? Is it right the unions who are directly responsible for the failures of many businesses are rewarded for backing Obama? Why is it right that he can so transparently buy votes?

The most important thing here though is that you understand that the Government has NO MONEY. Obama can only take it away from others who earn it and redistribute it and of course those receiving this money will vote for him.

Whoever your Mother works for will now likely have to lay off employees, if they have not already, as the cost of insurance is driven up by this Bill. Somebody else can literally loose their jobs to pay for what you are getting. What about them? What about their families? Another thing that will happen in the dark, is companies will shy away from hiring people with too many children. They will have no choice. They fail, your Mother is out of a job and you have nothing.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You're right, and it's all my fault.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

They'll turn around anyone who isn't dying.. and a guy with a gunshot wound, he'll be getting a bill.

new topics

top topics

join