It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese medicine and herbal ban to see Britain defy EU laws Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Chinese medicine and herbal ban to see Britain defy EU laws Read more: www.metro.co.uk...

www.metro.co.uk

Ministers are to defy a European ban on unlicensed herbal and Chinese medicines – despite fears they are giving the all-clear to ‘quacks and charlatans’.

Read more: www.metro.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was really surprised when I read this headline today. This has been on the cards for such a long time now that I really didn't expect the government to jump in at the last minute and save the day.

Add this to the other recent U-Turns (forrest sell offs and housing benefit cuts) this government have made, it makes me wonder if its all just a big PR stunt

www.metro.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
While I applaud the flaunting of the EU edict, this whole scenario of restricting access to herbal remedies is clearly the inevitable direction of the path begun by prohibition.

The endgame has always been complete control of the individual's body.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just sounds like they are trying to look as if they give a crap about the people, because not many people in the UK support the EU, it's just like the recent 'multicultralism has failed' garbage because most people believe immigration has gone too far and needs to be stopped.

So i don't think this is a victory of any kind, just a publicity stunt.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
While I applaud the flaunting of the EU edict, this whole scenario of restricting access to herbal remedies is clearly the inevitable direction of the path begun by prohibition.

The endgame has always been complete control of the individual's body.

The endgame has always been total elimination of the world's population. Codex lists vitamins TOXIC substances to be eliminated or greatly reduced. GMO's sterilize lab animals within three generations. Their goal is to kill off all but the elite and have a feudal society with a population under 500,000,000.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, in fairness, just the other day, the commons did vote in favour of upholding the ban on prisoners voting, despite the fact that the EU warned them not to, as it was a breach of their daft human rights law. Although, on the flip side, they do now risk having to pay prisoners millions in compensation. They did also condemn the EU for enabling sex offenders to appeal against their name being on the sex offenders list, and they did fight it in court- but sadly, lost. It's not like they're all talk and no action.
edit on 17-2-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

I agree with you, its certainly looking like they are not all talk and no action.

I couldn't be happier with this news but I am concerned that there is no mention of it on BBC, they gave the ban good coverage and I would have thought they would have jumped all over this.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
In my opinion these are just Token U-Turns that are used to make it look like we in the UK have a government that listens to its people and does things that we would like them to do. In the meantime cuts to education, policing and healthcare continue on as normal.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The minuet the halt on the Nimrods was announced they were literally chopped up, no thought of mothballing them, I wonder what has happened to the Harrier fleet?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I really do not know what game they are playing.. *scratches head* but the forest one was certainly up for a U Turn to *cough* "show" they are listening to the peoples wishes.. and in this case *cough* show they don't bend to the will of the EU.. In my opinion it's all just media spin.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
The minuet the halt on the Nimrods was announced they were literally chopped up, no thought of mothballing them, I wonder what has happened to the Harrier fleet?

That kinda felt wrong, as in smelt fishy... I can't help but feel, perhaps my tin hat is involved.. but the last time we had this amount of capital ships and kit in dock and ready for sale it turned out they where in the perfect place, not only for a quick refit but be sent to a combat zone on short notice..(can't do that if the fleet/kit is spread out everywhere)

top topics

join