It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cure for baldness found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

"Our findings show that a short-duration treatment with this compound causes an astounding long-term hair regrowth in chronically stressed mutant mice," says Million Mulugeta, UCLA prof.

Um....yay?

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ossminid

Stressed Mutant Mice? Really?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Sounds like growing hair is the least of their problems!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Toupay?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

Are you suggesting that we should wear stressed mutant mice on our heads?

How would you keep them in place? Velcro?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

My grandad used to spray regular fly repellent on his bald head before popping down to tend his veggie patch. He used to get alot of flies just hanging around because of the huge compost heap.

My nan noticed some months later, the hairs on his very bald head started to grow back. Ok, they were very fine and small and fuzzy but it was hair.

edit: Come to think about it, it wasn't repellent it was the stuff you kill flies with for rooms. It was a long time ago.

edit on 17-2-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Shaving me head saves me a lot of time in the morning, I look the same when I wake up as when I went to bed, and I have no scientific proof but I'm pretty sure I'm more aerodynamic
. May baldness never be eradicated lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Listen here young man, I have been shaving mah dome for years now, and just before it seems years of oppressing mah hair with mass extinctions may be working,as i am thinning out well.
You tell me some mutant mouse could escape and reinfect me with hair???
I say kill all mice!

I has me a good shaped dome, don't take my sunshine away.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Donald Trump called, he want's his mutant mouse hairpiece back.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Given the size of that particular hairpiece it's probably the original mutant coypu on which the mutant mice experiment is based!

On the plus side, YES! Thank god, my hair is thinning out and I would be at the front of the queue for any new treatment that actually worked.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am more interested in hearing about the stressed mutant mice than the hair thing.

How do they stress them?

What makes them mutant?

Since they are mutant mice does this mean they are genetically altered in the lab?

If they are genetically altered in a lab is it not possible this is more of a side effect of that than their treatments?
After all when they genetically alter things they often get results they are not expecting some of these results do not show up until late.

Raist

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
I am more interested in hearing about the stressed mutant mice than the hair thing.

How do they stress them?

Yeah, and, umm... why???
Why do they have to be stressed out to get a new hair-do?
Sounds kinda mean. (I confess, I did not read the article, I was too busy cracking up at all of your posts. All thoughts of scientific study flew out the window, you class clowns
)

Donald Trump, indeed! And g146541, I think you'll be fine if you just CHILL-- remember, the mice were stressed LOL!
edit on 2/17/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

i dont know why but i got alot of lols from your post

new topics

top topics

join