It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State Enforced In Manama, Bahrain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

At least four people were killed Thursday after riot police used buckshot, tear gas and clubs to drive protesters from a main square in Bahrain's capital Manama, where they had been been demanding political change in the tiny kingdom. Kristof said in a series of Twitter messagesthat the Bahrain government had ordered ambulances to stop going out, citing a hospital. He said 10 ambulance paramedics had been attacked by Bahrain police. "I interviewed them, saw their injuries," he wrote."Nurse told me she saw handcuffed prisoner beaten by police, then executed with gun," Kristoff added.He said that an ambulance driver had said a Saudi Arabian army officer "held gun to his head" and threatened to kill him if he helped the injured.Kristoff also reported that the hospital had seen more than 600 people injured in the protests by early Thursday morning.

LINK

WOW...I guess someone had to stop the momentum right? *sarcasm*
edit on 17/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: removed all caps in title

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artorius

He said that an ambulance driver had said a Saudi Arabian army officer "held gun to his head" and threatened to kill him if he helped the injured.
LINK

WOW...I guess someone had to stop the momentum right? *sarcasm*

I have two things to comment on here...."Saudi Arabian army officer"? I've been to Manama a half dozen times while in the Middle East back in the '90s and know for a fact the Saudi's love to visit there (alcohol consumption is legal in Bahrain), but how did an armed Saudi officer get involved in this? Very suspicious.

The second thing is, has anyone heard anything about the US Naval Base there? Navy Forces Central Command is located in Manama. Are they on lockdown? Why haven't we heard anything from our government about the security of our base? USN Central Command

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

This is the only article I can find that mentions it...LINK

and all it says is

The spokesman said Washington had received confirmation that two protesters in Bahrain, home to the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet, had been killed and urged Bahrain to quickly follow up on its pledge to investigate.

join