It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunger is evil. Life and death cycle.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
reply to post by GodForbid

When I feel hungry, I feel the need to find something to eat, if I look at an animal and I am hungry, killing it and eating it just comes as a natural instinct. When I am more sedated, and feel hungry, then there is this "desire" as if I "expect to be fed". I think it is what separates hunted from hunter.

Yes but why? Why are we made with this hunger and natural instinct to kill to eat? I know we need energy to live. Why are we not provided with something lifeless and non violent which gives us energy to live.

Surely a creator could create something like that. Why not?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Ok, lets say I have an object. It is the only object in existence. If I want to create, then I must destroy that object, lets say that I cut it into half, and then I have to objects, if the first object consumes the other object, then we have a third object, if the second object consumes the first object then we have a fourth. This is because, as soon as both objects were separated, they existed on opposite polarities. So, when one half consumes the other, the "whole" will be different to the whole that the initial object was when the first two were combined. Its hard to explain, but basically it is the idea that asymmetry is the origin point of creation, imperfection is required for life to blossom, creativity, new ideas, only occur when life is not "perfect".

I understand where you are coming from, who wants to feel pain, who wants to be eaten? However, the difference between human and animals is that animals do not "know" what death is, and although they have a certain degree of despair, do not feel "fear" as much as humans do. The Gazelle simply "runs" and the lion simply "hunts". The feeling is generally a feeling of excitement and adrenaline, when they feel, they feel when they act, we, feel before we act, thus having "free will" and a "consciousness".
edit on 17-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

It could be, that we were designed by higher beings, and placed into this reality, thus the reason why we usually do not feel connected to life as much as we should. We are half-way between the animals and the angels - I think this is what the human condition really is.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hunger is not evil my friend. Hunger is a good thing.

It is through hunger that a new born babe and it's mother form the bonds of love.
It is through hunger that we learn we are dependant on others for our survival.
It is through hunger that we formed clans to better improve our odds at finding food.

Hunger is suffering and we all have experienced it at one time or another. Suffering is something that we do not want for ourselves. Thus, we can relate to others who are experiencing this same kind of suffering.

This world is designed to be a paradise. Trees bearing fruits and nuts could be grown in virtually any clime. The choice to eat animals is one we have made out of preference. It takes far more grain, water, and land to sustain an animal based diet than it ever did one based on the fruits of the earth. This is our preference, that we get to eat animals and feed them the grains that could feed the world while others suffer.

The fruit and nut trees that once grew in abundance have all but been eradicated except for farms where they are grown and harvested for profit. They could be replenished through out the world that none would go hungry again, but that would cut into corporate profits.

Hunger is not evil my friend. Hunger is the suffering that should cause all to evaluate their priorities and look at what we have made of this paradise called earth.

Hunger, is what will hopefully bring us all back together again as a family of Man.

Ignoring hunger is the evil.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I like your ideas, although a little confusing

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Hunger is not evil my friend. Hunger is a good thing.

It is through hunger that a new born babe and it's mother form the bonds of love.
It is through hunger that we learn we are dependant on others for our survival.
It is through hunger that we formed clans to better improve our odds at finding food.

Hunger is suffering and we all have experienced it at one time or another. Suffering is something that we do not want for ourselves. Thus, we can relate to others who are experiencing this same kind of suffering.

This world is designed to be a paradise. Trees bearing fruits and nuts could be grown in virtually any clime. The choice to eat animals is one we have made out of preference. It takes far more grain, water, and land to sustain an animal based diet than it ever did one based on the fruits of the earth. This is our preference, that we get to eat animals and feed them the grains that could feed the world while others suffer.

The fruit and nut trees that once grew in abundance have all but been eradicated except for farms where they are grown and harvested for profit. They could be replenished through out the world that none would go hungry again, but that would cut into corporate profits.

Hunger is not evil my friend. Hunger is the suffering that should cause all to evaluate their priorities and look at what we have made of this paradise called earth.

Hunger, is what will hopefully bring us all back together again as a family of Man.

Ignoring hunger is the evil.

With Love,

Your Brother

Hmm, I see your points however I see this as something as a by-product. The fact that this good has come from our determination as humans is a side-aspect of a harsher reality.

I see your point about fruit and trees, however I disagree. I think that actually we'd have to make the choice to live this way, rather than we made the choice not to.

Do animals have that choice when they hunt and kill? There's something sinister to hunting and killing, it's not a wonderful or beautiful thing.

What are the religious / deeper aspects of hunger? Why are we built like this? Why would God / A creator make us this way if there is one? Or is it simply the nature of the universe? And if so, am I right in thinking that it's just a messed up place? A place of great sadness pain and suffering split into a place of beauty love and peace? Is it the ying yang I was talking about?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

We live in quite a chaotic planet, I guess. I once read that other races literally crave the level of individuality and emotional spectrum that exists on Earth. Imagine living in a higher plane, never really experiencing what it is like to "feel" - as they live in a perfect world free of pain, they cannot experience the deeper emotions that the existence of pain and physicality create. I think there is an entire race of aliens that are immigrating to Earth - they seem to have the emotional maturity of children, as well as being emotionally parasitic. Ironically robbing the planet of life force and thus the ability to really "feel".

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Then these other races are confusing to me! That's like saying I'd love to live the life of a starving child in Africa, just to know what their pain is like!

An odd race indeed!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid
I like your ideas, although a little confusing

No worries my friend. I'll work harder to clarify them.

Hmm, I see your points however I see this as something as a by-product. The fact that this good has come from our determination as humans is a side-aspect of a harsher reality.

Ok, lets explore the harsher reality.

I see your point about fruit and trees, however I disagree. I think that actually we'd have to make the choice to live this way, rather than we made the choice not to.

Exactly! It is always about choice. We are co-creators of our reality here. We decide what kind of existence we want here. We just so happened to have decided that an existence where some suffer while others live in bliss is what we want. We can always change our mind and work towards a different existence. We can always decide that we will live on the barest of necessities until all have an equal share. We could always decide to give back the shackles that enslave us to this pyramid structure of society we have created. All it takes is making the choice and teaching others that they too have a choice.

Do animals have that choice when they hunt and kill? There's something sinister to hunting and killing, it's not a wonderful or beautiful thing.

The same instinct of the beast that drives animals to hunt is the same instinct within Man that drove him to hunt. We over came it, we can teach animals to overcome it. My dog is a descendant of the wolf, a species which hunts for food. My dog does not hunt for food. He chases deer for fun, but he would never harm one. He has been trained not to, and he does not suffer to the point that he has to.

The same can be done with all animals. First, we need to worry about Man. There are plenty of us that are suffering hunger and must hunt to survive. Once we feed all of Man, then we can work towards even greater things with the world around us.

What are the religious / deeper aspects of hunger? Why are we built like this? Why would God / A creator make us this way if there is one? Or is it simply the nature of the universe? And if so, am I right in thinking that it's just a messed up place? A place of great sadness pain and suffering split into a place of beauty love and peace? Is it the ying yang I was talking about?

We are living in two different worlds my friend. You see pain and suffering in your world. You see hopelessness and despair. I do not live in that world.

I live in a world where I have been given many Brothers and Sisters who need my help. I live in a world where I am the end to the suffering of others. I see a world where I have an abundance of love to share with all. I live in a world full of hope and wonder.

I am inviting you to leave your world and enter mine if you prefer it.

YOU are a Child of God. If you see suffering, relieve it. If you see pain, alleviate it. If you see sadness, comfort it. If you feel it is beyond your power to do so, ask the father within you, and he will lend his hand in helping you. There is nothing that you cannot do if you are doing the will of the loving creator. His will is to love.

Love others as you want to be loved. Do this and watch your world transform.

Try it out. You will be amazed what world you really live in. Once you do, help others to cross over.

YOU are here to help those who need it. We all are.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I remember once an alien being was possessing me, however it was friendly, so I let it experience what I felt while eating ice cream, basically, it was practically becoming insane with feelings that it had never experienced in its relativley cold and logical world. I don't think it would appreciate absolute hunger, however.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

YOU EGOISTIC MAN...
SHOULD HAVE LET HIM "TASTE" HOW IS IT TO DIE OF HUNGER...
MAYBE HE WOULD HAVE HAD "SOME IDEEAS" AND WE WOULD HAVE BEEN FREE FROM REPTILIANS TODAY...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

I think practically every alien race has something against humans, some think we are worthless, others think we are violent, and the rest are envious as we were designed by a race that exists in the 5th dimension as opposed to the 4th dimension, oh, and our designers were reptillians and the conspiracy movement is run by the illuminati

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

something like that...
to hell with the aliens!

to be ontopic :
yes, hunger IS EVIL...
I would do bad things to anyone IF I'M REALLY HUNGRY!

edit on 17-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
To kill flesh.... I feel there was a need to consume flesh to become stronger for some reason during our evolution. Plantlife I am sure are alive ect but aware and selfconscious not sure. Seems plants are here to help us in many ways. By cleaning our air water and providing food. I think the original mammal diet didnt consist of flesh. Thats why we have so many health issues related to our processed-injected food intake. No why we developed the blood thirst is a whole different ball game, that can be related to mammal genetic modification. By who takes you to the different ballgame. It just seems we were changed and began to eat with the change AGAIN BY WHO?

edit on 2/17/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join