It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunger is evil. Life and death cycle.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Okay, this is something that has occurred in my thoughts since I can remember, through all my years I have never been able to understand this. This to me, is a huge mystery perhaps one of the biggest questions to answer. Before I talk about it I must say that I have come to the understanding that this is impossible to answer because it makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever. The only answer available is that actually, this is an evil place we're living in. A ying-yang of good and evil, separated 50/50, but why?

Life is a seriously messed up thing, it's messy, that's the only word for it. It's absurd in design.

I'll start with saying that the world we live in doesn't give us choices on a few things, not having the choice means we're literally forced to be evil. Though we can chose to do good, we can only do good via choosing. I can't think of anything we do that is 'good' without choosing to do so.

Even before we're born, we're born with hunger. The most basic thing. We don't have that choice, we have to eat. In order to eat we have to kill, we have to. To kill something you must make it suffer and end it's life. There's no choice. I'm the most non violent person ever. Perhaps it's a character flaw, perhaps not, however I feel I'm forced to commit great evil to survive. To eat I must kill something or it must be killed for me to eat it whatever I eat must go though the most terrible evil thing. It's whole existence must come to an end for me to live. Why am I more important? Even if you're a vegan you must kill something, plants are living. You cannot survive by not ending some thing's life, you can't eat dirt or rocks, you can't survive alone by only drinking water or milk.

WHY!? Who would create us like this? Why would they? I believe in some sort of higher power, but I don't understand why he/she/they/it made us like this? Made everything like this. It almost sickens me.

I could go on forever but I'll leave the rest down to you, there are many more examples of things like this for you to think about.

I'm interested in hearing people's views. ATS is a great place to ask a question like this because I feel I'll gain people's opinions from a wide variety of people. Religious, atheist, good, evil, and I'm interested in hearing from you all.

Thanks for reading and for any replies.

GodForbid.

I should add - I understand completely why we have to eat, and we need to eat to stay alive etc. My question is more a religious one I guess. Why are we made this way? Why is there the need to do something bad to get something good.
edit on 17-2-2011 by GodForbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

It's not evil...
IT'S NATURE!
You could ask one of the 25000-30000 childrens with the age under 5 years that DIE OF HUNGER EVERY 24 h IN THE WHOLE WORLD ...
From what I've heard someones "hunger" could be satisfied by wearing on orgonite piece big enough or by eating some sea buckthorn that has a lot of vitamins and is even recomended in the case of obesity ...
BUT WE STILL HAVE TO EAT...
AFTER ALL , WE HUMANS ARE ONLY A BIOLOGICAL-ELECTRICAL-CHEMICAL MACHINERY...
If you come up with some other method of "extracting" energy form "things" and converting it so that a human body CAN USE IT , I'm the first to try it

But no evil in eating...
Not eating =death AND NOW THAT'S EVIL

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

Thanks for the reply.

Obviously there is good and bad though, otherwise what's stopping me going on a murderous rampage? I mean it's only bad if I think it is right?

Obviously I'm not going to go on a murderous rampage, however I can say with 100% certainty that anyone who does is evil. Right?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

my friend , you need some orgonite
QUICK!

Orgonite - Peaceful Weapons - PART1.avi

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I've butchered an animal for food.
When I was a street kid I stole my food.(no money)

Do I feel bad?
Thats a BIG NO!!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin

It's not evil...
IT'S NATURE!
You could ask one of the 25000-30000 childrens with the age under 5 years that DIE OF HUNGER EVERY 24 h IN THE WHOLE WORLD ...
From what I've heard someones "hunger" could be satisfied by wearing on orgonite piece big enough or by eating some sea buckthorn that has a lot of vitamins and is even recomended in the case of obesity ...
BUT WE STILL HAVE TO EAT...
AFTER ALL , WE HUMANS ARE ONLY A BIOLOGICAL-ELECTRICAL-CHEMICAL MACHINERY...
If you come up with some other method of "extracting" energy form "things" and converting it so that a human body CAN USE IT , I'm the first to try it

But no evil in eating...
Not eating =death AND NOW THAT'S EVIL

EXACTLY! You've worded it perfectly.

Hunger is evil. Not only do you have to do something evil to survive, but if you don't you die an evil death. Get it?

Nature it's self dictates that we must do this. It's scary no?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I've butchered an animal for food.
When I was a street kid I stole my food.(no money)

Do I feel bad?
Thats a BIG NO!!

Lol, I think it takes a certain person to not feel bad for butchering an animal for food. That's not an attack on you, perhaps even a compliment, because you're forced to do this. However others will feel bad, I would / do.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

welll it is "scary" ...
And you know what's even more scarier?
WE ARE SPIRITS IN MATERIAL WORLD...
AND THE BODY IS DOMINATED BY "EVIL FORCES" > LUCIFER...

the body is our "limit"...
the whole life is a "punishment cycle" for a specific SPIRIT!
I whon't continue with my ideeas ; I might scare you even further...
BY THE WAY : GOT TO GO ...
I'M HUNGRY , NOT EATED SINCE MORNING...

brb...
edit on 17-2-2011 by leaualorin because: THE HUNGER SCREAMS...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

When there was more light on this planet, eating and being eaten was a natural and accepted part of life. As the Earth lost energy, things became dark, and when humans appeared, death became fearful, and painful, as we lost our connection to the collective consciousness.

edit on 17-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

You have to understand, animals only feel pain if you feel sorry for them when you kill them. If you don't feel sorry for them, and you love them because they give you food, then they will have a relativley painless death, and thier spirit will be freed usually within an instant. I think that there must be a problem with humans, as we should, assuming incarnation, remember a time when we were animals, and we had been eaten by something else, or had eaten something else. The need to escape capture is thus not due to selfish reasons, but in order to escape so you can reproduce further offspring. Thus, the drive to live should be the drive to create life. I think humans have lost thier connection to that level of reality, and are stuck in "3D" where physical sensations are particularly strong, and where there is a strong degree of separation. It is my idea that most animals are not on the 3D plane but are actually on the 4D plane, and they usually experience themselves as being one and the same being.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

You have to understand, animals only feel pain if you feel sorry for them when you kill them. If you don't feel sorry for them, and you love them because they give you food, then they will have a relativley painless death, and thier spirit will be freed usually within an instant. I think that there must be a problem with humans, as we should, assuming incarnation, remember a time when we were animals, and we had been eaten by something else, or had eaten something else. Perhaps human beings really don't belong on this plane to begin with.

I can't say that I really agree with your opening line, or perhaps any of it to be honest. I agree that we should be thankful to the animal for giving us food (however crazy that sounds) however, it's going to feel pain no matter what, it's life it's being will end, no matter what. For no reason other than for us to live.

I can't really understand understanding being eaten. Think of familys etc. If you're eaten by a lion, I don't think your family is going to think "Oh well, dying is fair enough. The lion needed to eat".

Death is a horrendous awful thing, and we all die, everything dies. It's a strange thing

Also I disagree with what you're saying about animals. You don't see buffalo walking up to the lions and laying down happily allowing themselves to be killed and eaten. No. rather they're hunted and murdered. No?
edit on 17-2-2011 by GodForbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Its hard to explain, animals do not have such a physical state of consciousness as we do, in thier world it is much like a dream. For example, when an animal is eating another, they feel what everything around them is feeling, thus they feel the sensation of being eaten, but also feel how it feels for the animal that is eating them. Thus the forces cancel out and there is no real separation or "pain". I think that humans somehow are closed-off from that world for one reason or another... I've heard of people that were drunk and had been walking around on a broken ankle, not feeling a thing. I remember when I broke my arm, there was so much adrenaline running through my body that I almost felt high. I think, that, paradoxically, because we avoid killing animals ourselves, because we do not hunt and chase them, we have become especially physically sensitive. Also, as our minds become logical, machine-like, we lose connection to the spritual world, and thus a fear of death develops.

When it comes to the buffalo and the lion, the buffalo runs because it wants to create more offspring. The lion chases the buffalo for the same reason, in order to feed its offspring. Here, take a look at this video:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

Its hard to explain, animals do not have such a physical state of consciousness as we do, in thier world it is much like a dream. For example, when an animal is eating another, they feel what everything around them is feeling, thus they feel the sensation of being eaten, but also feel how it feels for the animal that is eating them. Thus the forces cancel out and there is no real separation or "pain". I think that humans somehow are closed-off from that world for one reason or another...

I'd like to agree with you, and I cannot say you're wrong. Infact I hope you're right. However that's just not how it appears to me. Actually it seems like animals are just as scared of dying as we are. It also seems like animals the hunters, simply do not feel any empathy, rather they just hunt kill and know no different.

I'd like to ask why you think what you do though. How do you come to this conclusion?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I still have a connection to the natural world, that is, my empathy still exists, even though its only a fraction of what it should be. You need to understand, human beings are like machines, we do not really belong in the natural world. A percentage of us have natural souls, from the original species that they cross-breeded and engineered us from, however, the rest of us are not connected to that world, it is actually the world of nightmares and fears for most people, and the natural density for others.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is life.... we need food for energy or we die.

We are killing two hogs today and making sausage and chops and ribs and tenderloins and backbone out of them. The 2 folks that will be helping us will take as part of their payment the head, the feet, and the chittlins', the heart, lungs, and liver.

This is life here in our community and culture. Ironically, the sausage will be donated to our church for a fundraiser to help build homes for needy peoples.... a pancake and sausage supper.

If you want to dwell on it a bit further, go look in a mirror...open your mouth and look at the two sharp teeth on either side of your incisor teeth... they are made for eating meat...you are in effect an animal...one that can think and rationalize and philosophy...but an animal never the less.

Sometimes life sucks, most of the time...my life is good. For my farm animals...life is good... they are treated good and have plenty of room to run, play, fed well... and their death is quick and as merciful as an animal butchering can be... none is wasted. It is farm life...

I suggest that you not dwell too much on it...you can if you want, but I prefer to make lemonade out of lemons...and sausage out of pigs.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

No don't get me wrong. I completely agree with you. I understand why we have to eat, I understand why we have to kill. I understand it completely. It's nature.

My question is more of a deeper one, like why is the world made this way? Why are we made with the need to eat etc. It's more of a religious question I guess.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The basic reason is because creation needs destruction in order to function. Imagine if you never died, you would have no reason to create offspring, you could just exist. As soon as you have the chance of dieing, in order to live on and reincarnate, you have to create offspring. And thus over time millions of "yous" come into existence. However, if there was no destruction, then life would lose its flow, and things would become stagnant.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

This is more what I'm talking about.

Can you go even deeper? Why does creation need destruction? Why does there need to be bad to have good?

I used hunger as an example of this. You need to do something bad to get something good. It's a strange world.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

When I feel hungry, I feel the need to find something to eat, that is, hunger is connected to the instinct to hunt. If I look at an animal and I am hungry, killing it and eating it feels like a natural instinct. When I am more sedated, and feel hungry, then there is this "desire" as if I "expect to be fed". I think we are so used to being fed that we have lost our primal connection to our survival/hunting instincts... We are so used to desire and pleasure, that our pain thresholds are significantly lowered.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join