It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation...any believers or experienced here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
One of the topics that I have always been fascinated with but really havnt delved into here on ATS is the idea of reincarnation.

What are the thoughts of ATS users on reincarnation? I personally believe that the soul is capable of this phenomenon, but have no proof whatsoever to back it up. The Dalai Lama is one that I look to for this story.

You can read the Dalai Lama reincarnation test here:
source
Every Dalai Lama that has existed has passed this test.

Final question, are there any members here who have experience in reincarnation studies, either personal stories or stories that they have researched?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yeah I do believe we reincarnate, maybe not always on earth but we are all roaming spirits imo. I am having a debate over the existence of the soul with the OP on this thread, if your interested drop a line.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have out-of-body experience and can tell you that we exist outside of our physical bodies. It's hard to prove reincarnation though, how can one tell the difference between DNA genetic memories of our ancestors or a past life memory of our own individual consciousness?

I liked this news story about the little boy who had vivid past life memories...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I certainly believe in reincarnation. I don't think it's bound by time or anything, i.e I could be reincarnated in 24 B.C, or in 2379 A.D, anytime, anywhere. What matters is the soul and the lessons we have/want to learn. I think that we keep going 'round' until we've learned what we want and need to, and then we can move on - if we want. Whatever's beyond, though, tht's another question entirely

I'm pretty sure souls travel in groups, as I've met a few people in my life that I've instantly connected with in a way that feels "familiar", for lack of a better word. We knew eachother well almost immediately and have always gotten on well, can't shake that feeling of familiarit.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I believe reincarnation is somthing of a personal experiance not somthing you could ever really explain to somone,imo i think its where faith orginated from or instead of seeing is believing its believing is seeing,everything is conciousness or what you believe.Hope you understand what i mean, veary hard for me to put stuff like this into words

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'm highly skeptical on the fact that somebody could actually remember past "incarnations". But as they say, energy never really disappears, it changes shape. So in that sense, science actually backs it up. As they do with multiple dimensions.

It depends if you actually believe that there is some kind of "soul" or an eternal energy that's not disappearing. Or is what we call afterlife actually just an illusion created by our consciousness? Who knows.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm a believer. I think I've experienced it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

I'm a believer. I think I've experienced it.

Could you explain in more detail? That is exactly the response I was looking for, because I am interested to hear a first hand account of reincarnation.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
When I was a very young child ,around 3 or 4 yrs...We were very poor living in very poor housing...I was sleeping in bed with my mother and I knew I was older in what seemed as a dream in a dining room with a big beautiful chandler .I'd say I was in my 20's and my sister (which I don't have in this life) was thin blonde spoiled rich girl...I remember feeling safe there and woke up screaming "I WANT TO GO HOME!"...At this time my mother tried to calm me down ,thinking I had a nightmare, by reassuring I was home...Even today I can remember looking around the bedroom and seeing the streetlight come in from the cracked pane of glass and thinking know I mean the other home...

Who knows could have been a dream...But I think it was much more ,do to the feeling of security I felt there.Plus I had no idea what luxury housing would have even looked like at that time...If your thinking I could have seen it on T.V. lol...Think again...When we had one it was always a black and white hand-me-down...No cable...If you wanted to change the channel you had to get out the pliers.....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If anything, reincarnation is really just what is referred to as "ancestral memories" and possibly another kind of spirit possession. True incarnation would be the existence of one being across many time periods.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Anyone who's ever watched a new born kitten/puppy run and jump and chew in it's sleep knows reincarnation is real. It's a new born kitten/puppy..... no sight, no hearing.... how can it be dreaming of hunting like it's body movements clearly portray? Reincarnation.

Even astral projection while sleeping does not explain those movements. DNA and ancestral memories? No. Reincarnation.

That is the most physical proof I can offer to you as to how any doubts I used to have about reincarnation were solidly erased.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

You know, if thats true, and assuming how f*cked up most of the human race is, im starting to wonder, that if a cat reincarnated, that would make it hundreds of thousands of years old, living on Earth, and still, its only a cat. If humans were genetically modded, we could essentially be a race with bodies that are millions of years ahead of us in terms of our true reincarnated memories. The most wise people that I know seem to remember the days prior to whatever "aliens" visited Earth (that tampered with the Neanderthals, who used to be a very loving and cooperative race) If the various "ancestors" that animate me are in actual fact myself, then I imagine I would have been one of the original natives of this planet, possibly even older than the primates. You never know, it could be that most of "us" are all animals that have lived enough lives to reincarnate into a human, and the rest of the humans have souls that are alien to this planet.
edit on 17-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Personally, I don't believe in reincarnation, and have never experienced anything to convince me directly. I have, however, read some very interesting accounts from those who do believe in reincarnation, and it is difficult for me to dismiss or find flaws in their stories.

I do think reincarnation is an extremely cool idea, and I like reading about it, but I don't expect to be reincarnated, and don't think I have been. I've had some odd dreams that recur on two different major themes, and probably 90%+ of my dreams center on one of those two things, often both at once, and if reincarnation is real, maybe it's something to do with a past life. However, until I see direct evidence, I'll be a skeptic, like I am for most things.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have been thinking about reincarnation a lot today... and the future.

the future....what if the future is really weird like compiled communication, compiled intellect, compiled existences.
A future where we could actually figure out how to time travel. A future where we were commonly telepathic... like being surprised that there was a time when telepathic communication seemed to be a debatable myth (our present).

How do you get to that point? evolution or perhaps adaptation from need.

In a progressing life of growing technology why would there be a need for telepathy? perhaps if this becomes true it isn't due to dire need but is just happenstance, but how many things do you know of that were not and are not affected by something else?

What if the future is so far advanced and compiled and the nature of the entire universe has gotten so weird... time ceases to exist because reality collapses hence creating the need to go back in time.... and since not everyone knew of this in the future that hasn't happened yet unless we are from the future living in the past (the present) so not everyone was saved from the collapse of time itself... but the idea now exists and perhaps is possible and perhaps will or already has become more common as time continues to entertain the thought of collapsing entirely and now we are racing backwards in time... instead of racing forward from something else.

What if our likenesses return and return and return to this world but we can't keep track of this.... we cant remember who we were...not if we are going forward in time. If we have to go backwards in time, then perhaps we would see this... or maybe not. Ok I just confused myself.

edit on 17-2-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
What if not only reincarnation happened but reincarnation happens in both forward and reverse time line directions...and in this moment, there are two us walking around but in many ways are completely opposite because we are on different time lines.

what would that make the two? Not each other, certainly not soul mates... that would basically just be like masturbation..not siblings but perhaps sort of?? Twins or something?? Hmmm.... That's weird.

Ok.... I need to turn my imagination down.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

I once read about the civilisation of Atlantis, basically, they had a machine, like a telephone booth (Dr Who... Bill and Ted's excellent adventure) where you could travel in time. Basically, while in the booth, you could see through the eyes of your future and past "selves". Perhaps, the people that we see and talk to could really be living in different time lines, with only our closest friends and family in the same time line as we are. However, I think it has to do with the orbit of planets. So, a planet goes around in a predictable cycle, thus creating "layers" of time. It could be that, as the Earth is tilted, there is a parallell timeline that is operating, based on the old orbital cycle and the new orbital cycle.
edit on 17-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

top topics

join