It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Anthropologists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in helping me out with a debate regarding the relationships b/w drug use and tribal rituals, check out my debate request which was submitted to ADVISOR - If you are interested in this, you can U2U me, post any of your questions regarding the scope of this topic or just add your opinions on some of the things you would look at if studying this topic - Thanks!

Title: Divination: The Tribal Rituals Revolving Around the Rebirth of the Dead

Goals: To probe into the divination practices of many tribes, primarily the Sisala of Northern Ghana in West Africa, to scientifically assess, define and question that of rebirth celebrations, whereby the dead are said to rise and dance with the tribe one final time, and to question what effects local drugs may have on this experience.

Purpose: To prove whether or not shaman have the ability to reanimate a dead body by channeling spirits, or that local drugs provide hallucinogenic effects which are the cause for this ritualistic dance to occur.

Members: Just me so far, but I may have some possible members

Additional Info: I have the ability to receive direct insider contact (person-to-person interview) with a man that lived for 6 cumulative years among the Sisala, has experimented with the drugs they use and is a tenured professor at FSU, Dr. Bruce T. Grindal. He, in turn, has additional contacts with similar experiences and good sources of related information. This is a hot �supernatural� debate amongst cultural anthropologists and has been argued both ways. I also have the ability to search for free from hundreds of academic articles at JSTOR and other reputable online sources, along with several local libraries.

[Edited on 7/15/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

[Edited on 7/15/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

join