It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email Fox News for Correction: Fox News Distorting Reaction to Ron Pauls 2011 CPAC Win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hello,

This is a spawn off from this thread: ATS: Fox News Caught Distorting Reaction to Ron Pauls CPAC Win

There were a couple of posters who recommended action, but I thought it would be good to bring up a dedicated thread to consolidate efforts, so their recommendation doesn't get lost in the original thread.

If you are a Ron Paul supporter or not, I believe it is important to let them know - People Notice

Email Fox News and demand a televised correction and interview with Ron Paul.

Like I said even if you don't support Ron Paul, this needs some kind of action. Even if there is a news story not related to this one but important to you, on any network - that was false or misleading - let them know and spread the word for others to help.

I have collected all the emails down below from Fox's "Contact Us" page - their phone number is 1-888-369-4762 if you prefer phone over email.

It would be good to include the link to the video posted in the original thread, which is here:

www.youtube.com...

And here is the embeded video:

**Maybe someone better at correspondence can post a form letter to make it easier for others

Here is the link to the Fox News "Contact Us" Page

Fox News - Contact Us

Here are all of the email addresses listed on Fox's "Contact Us" Page, I formatted them so you can copy and paste into the "To" block for most email clients. I would just send to all addresses available.

*To copy/paste just select all the emails with the mouse...right click....copy........Right click again in "To" block of email....choose "Paste"

[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected]
edit on 16-2-2011 by usmc858 because: Removed emails that bounced back becuase mailbox full or bad

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
there is a much, much simpler answer to all of this. change the channel

but seriously if they think anyone is going to fall for the same rubbish as before, or not notice an overdub, they are deluding themselves.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ok, I just sent an email to all of those addresses you listed.
9 of them came back Undeliverable". Just so you know..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by madscientistintraining
there is a much, much simpler answer to all of this. change the channel

but seriously if they think anyone is going to fall for the same rubbish as before, or not notice an overdub, they are deluding themselves.

I hear you
. I just feel this is a very important time to try and spread as much truthful knowledge as possible. If there is any going across the media.

I don't watch Fox, and I use varied sources to get my news. But it's very scarry that there are A LOT of people who do use Fox or other single sources for their news.

That is a lot of people who are getting disinformation like this, and who have the power to sway events related to the bad info.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
Ok, I just sent an email to all of those addresses you listed.
9 of them came back Undeliverable". Just so you know..

Hello,

I edited the email list to take out the bad ones, looks like most of the error ones were mailboxes that were full.

Thanks a lot!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
While I tend not to watch Fox or any MSM for that matter, I did send them and email yesterday. In my email, I let them know that I had shared this with everyone I knew and posted it on FB as well.

While you can just turn the channel, in this case, I wanted to spread the word, since Fox is so adamant about being Fair and Balanced. Additionally, when I discuss Ron Paul with my father, he often states that it just doesn't seem that the media pays him any mind, doesn't get any support. Ultimately, he favors who the MSM backs. So, with glee I emailed him the link to video and revisited that conversation with him.

While it may not seem worthwhile, it is introducing the little things, like this, help wake up the masses to the idea that - crap, maybe I am being lied to.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
S&F & Done. Thanks for the heads up. My email to FOX below. I wonder if they will respond?

Dear Fox News,

I am a longtime viewer that now has grave concerns over your credibility as a trustworthy news source.

The report from CPAC as regards Ron Paul's win in 2011 is obviously flawed to the point that it looks like an intentional broadcast of misinformation.

The audio attending the piece appears to be from 2010 but represented as being from this year. I've enclosed a link to a video that highlights this below.

My background is in broadcast news and I am active in many online communities. I am currently in the process of sharing this erroneous broadcast with as many people as possible.

If you would kindly take steps to correct this blatant and grievously misleading mistake, I will gladly share your responsible attention to this issue along my same lines of communication.

Any response would be appreciated. Thank you.

Here's the video link: www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-2-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Very well written. After looking at your letter, I am starting to think that referencing 2012, pole shifts, fake alien invasion, and a baby left at the Temple Mount may have detracted from my letter.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It gets worse...

Fox News Uses Old CPAC Footage To Smear Ron Paul

Interviewing Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) on his victory in the CPAC 2011 presidential straw poll, the conservative Fox News Channel did something slimy: they cued up footage of the prior year.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyoshablue
reply to post by The GUT

...After looking at your letter, I am starting to think that referencing 2012, pole shifts, fake alien invasion, and a baby left at the Temple Mount may have detracted from my letter.

LMHO!

I'm also using this example to help my awesome & good Pop see how today's news sources are taking advantage of decent folk like him who don't practice cunning & guile and therefore aren't so accustomed to seeing it in others. We ever get their generation to wake up, positive change will NOT be stopped because they are gonna be REALLY ticked off.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Got mine sent.

"Nice try guys.
You are alienating your viewers by supposing that we are all as stupid and gullible as we were 10 years ago. Please don't insult our intelligence with such pathetic displays of manipulation.
It is embarrasing for everyone involoved.

I expect an aknowledgment on the air and on your website of the manipulation tactics that were used here as well as an apology and a promise to never try this sort of thing again.

Seriously?
This is laughable.
You all have egg on your face and the worst thing you could possibly do is to NOT acknowlege this. There is a reason that people are turning to alternative sources of media...and displays such as this are a great example.

Seriously disenfranchised,

Anyway, thanks for the thread. Hopefull as many people will respond to this as did the Sweaty Dave story and we will actually show these D bags that they are losing their audience by pulling $hit like this.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I also sent an email to Ron Paul with a link to the video.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

No surprise at anything Fox does. The reason that Paul is not a "Fox Favorite" is because Paul does not support war. He voted against the war back in '03. Fox supports perhaps not war directly but all the business activities that go along with it. War is profitable except the the parents of the kids who die in them but they don't count because they're all lower or middle class. But never mind that think about all the money that rich guys get from selling war toys, think about the kids of the rich guys away in private schools, learning languages and investment banking in Switzerland where they don't have to be bothered with the woes of others and think about all the job security for...... Oh never mind.

Hey! I thought ATS was supposed to be for conspiracies?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Fox knows all this. They just don't care.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash
reply to post by usmc858

No surprise at anything Fox does. The reason that Paul is not a "Fox Favorite" is because Paul does not support war. He voted against the war back in '03. Fox supports perhaps not war directly but all the business activities that go along with it. War is profitable except the the parents of the kids who die in them but they don't count because they're all lower or middle class. But never mind that think about all the money that rich guys get from selling war toys, think about the kids of the rich guys away in private schools, learning languages and investment banking in Switzerland where they don't have to be bothered with the woes of others and think about all the job security for...... Oh never mind.

Hey! I thought ATS was supposed to be for conspiracies?

We know all that. We just care.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

I say, as many of you to flood Coasttocoastam and George Noory, if Fox News honchos don't publicy admit their deceit, then at least Coasttocoastam can tell 16 million audience about it. Besides, C2C audience is way more awake and aware.

Email Coasttocoast so they can mention it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
reply to post by usmc858

I say, as many of you to flood Coasttocoastam and George Noory, if Fox News honchos don't publicy admit their deceit, then at least Coasttocoastam can tell 16 million audience about it. Besides, C2C audience is way more awake and aware.

Email Coasttocoast so they can mention it.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I just sent my email over to them: [email protected]

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
When will fox be fixed ? How about a big lawsuit ?! This must stop, ok that people who watch fox are dumbs but we need to try to help these people so they don't die stupid .

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I did email Faux News. And I did get a response. I posted it in another thread..
the wrong one, LOL. I will post it again here.
I sent an email at the OP's request this morning.
I said

I saw your clip interviewing Ron Paul about his CPAC win. I also saw how you tried to downplay it and used a video clip from CPAC last year instead of this years. What are you guys trying to pull? Obviously you have your own agenda. This is despicable! Ron Paul won by a long shot and we all know it. And the members at CPAC were ecstatic. Why didn’t you show that? You folks were caught with your pants down. You are liars and TRAITORS. How do you sleep at night?

When I got home tonight there was a response in my inbox from Brett Baier.
The email did not say anything. It just included this link Faux New Excuse

This weekend, Rep. Ron Paul won the straw poll at this year’s CPAC the second consecutive year. However, when he was interviewed about victory during America’s Newsroom on Fox News, yesterday, they aired the clip of his announced win in 2010 in which there is a significantly higher amount of booing from the crowd. Fox News tells Mediaite that this was a mistake and that they will be issuing an correction on America’s Newsroom tomorrow morning. It is unlikely this explanation will satisfy Paul supporters who seem to believe the network tried o disguise how much support the congressman has amongst the GOP base.

I guess this is what they call damage control.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
No wonder poor Ron looked so befuddled when he was asked about the booing. I am fairly certain he did not see nor hear the broadcast previous to his interview and had no clue what Bill Hemmer was talking about.

Fox is supposedly responding to this "mistake" this morning, so we shall see. The last time they did this, they got called out on it and claimed someone pulled the wrong tape.

I bet they make the same claim this morning.

Fox News' Senior Vice President of News Michael Clemente told Mediate that the network simply made a "mistake" when it aired old footage of Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) being booed.

"We made a mistake with some of the video we aired, and plan on issuing a correction on America’s Newsroom tomorrow morning explaining exactly what happened," he said.

Link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join