It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi! Looking forward to ATS! Could use some guidance for posting a thread with lots of pictures...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hello All!
I'm glad to be I Newbie to ATS. From what I can tell the site is really awesome!

I am ready to make a post, but it contains a bunch of pictures (roughly 25) which originate from the internet. So, I have a URL but not an actual photo file. I want to know the best easiest way to add them to my post. I have it written in Word with the URL and picture. I have a little experience posting with a different blog site and if the URL was no longer good, the picture would be lost.

Thanks for everything!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Spydaman13

If you search around in the freshman's forum, you can find different threads with tips for alot of things. However, I will state that I am fairly new here too, and was searching through that forum a few weeks ago, and some things are a bit hard to find, because there are soo many different tips.

There might be another way, but I can tell the way that I know to embed pics on here.

1. Save it on your computer.
2. Click tools at top of the screen
3. Click pictures.
4. create album.
5. upload photo.
6. after you upload the photo, click on it and you will see the actual size of it. This will also have 3 URLs underneath it. Avatar, Background, and the bottom one is 'Embed on ATS'
7. When you are in the screen where you are typing out your thread, click on 'image', in the bar on top.
8. Paste the 'Embed on ATS' url into that little 'image' box that pops up.
9. Preview. always good to preview before you actually post. (for some readon sometimes I have to click preview twice before I actually see it.)

(I often use Window's Paint to resize the pics smaller- after u upload one you will know exactly what size it is. Same size it is in your album is the same size it will be in the thread)

I hope that makes sense.
Good luck

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Broken Circles,
Thanks so much!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Spydaman13

you're welcome.
Hopefully that helps. It seems like several steps since i numbered them all, but it's really quite easy. Once you do the first one, you will see how easy it is.

In my opinion, I think re-sizing them smaller (if needed), makes a big difference. Especially with as many as you said you wanted to post. Some pics will be the right size, but sometimes (you may have seen some of these threads), the pic is so big that it takes up most of your screen up and down. and has a scroll bar. Pics like that are not as easy to look at.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Here's my first pic embedding - of my cat...she's a tad older now though

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/147abecfb9ab.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

cool kitty! I'm working on my Avatar photo of my pups...
thanks!

new topics

top topics

join