It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defector who triggered war on Iraq: I lied about WMD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Defector who triggered war on Iraq: I lied about WMD

www.guardian.co.uk

As Curveball watched Powell make the US case to invade Iraq, he was hiding an admission that he has not made until now: that nearly every word he had told his interrogators from Germany's secret service, the BND, was a lie.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Didn't like Saddam, knew the Americans would lap it up, invented stories for 6 months, never got interviewed by a US agent, & is proud of his role.

Which is actually fair enough - saddam was an a-hole....but that's nto quiet the point IMO.

OK - hands up all those to whom this is just another "We told you so!"??

go on....you know you want to......

Or is it just sour grapes because he's lsot all teh goodies the Germans gave him (read to the end)??

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Thread started earlier about this. Use the search function mate

Iraqi Defector...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Bugger.....I did - I might need lessons!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I just want to know how much Bush, Chaney, and Rumsfield is paying him.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
To recant? I imagine tehy'll be asking for a refund, not continuing his remuneration!!

On the general subject of war though, I happened across this on Wikiquotes, from Winnie Churchill, adn thought is appropriate:

Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realise that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events. Antiquated War Offices, weak, incompetent, or arrogant Commanders, untrustworthy allies, hostile neutrals, malignant Fortune, ugly surprises, awful miscalculations — all take their seats at the Council Board on the morrow of a declaration of war. Always remember, however sure you are that you could easily win, that there would not be a war if the other man did not think he also had a chance.
-My Early Life: A Roving Commission (1930), Chapter 18 (With Buller To The Cape), p. 246
-Quoted in This Time It's Our War (2003) by Leonard Fein in The Forward (July 25, 2003)

The bolding is part of what is bolded in the original

top topics

join