It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are starting to forget

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamRikeronaSegway
reply to post by Sentinel412

specific? can you give a more clear example?

You can imagine any sort of example, anything, but here is one...

Day 1
1, Have you bought XY?
2, Yes, I did.

Day 2
1, Have you bought XY?
2, Yes, but you asked the same yesterday. And I told you, yes I did. I also shown it to you.
3, Uh... really? I thought I never got answer for it.

And this is starting to appear more frequently with various people. Different topics, different things. The only common element; they forget the conversation is actually ever happened. They're there, they're answering for the first time, but next time... they just forget it and they ask the very same thing again. And many of these people are used to remember for everything. Yet... they're starting to forget basic, simple things.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

well, yes i've seen that. i can't say i'm completely comfortable attesting to the frequency in which it's happening because it's not exactly something i've paid attention to, but maybe that itself has some proof to it. general forgetfulness like that doesn't really strike me as odd, though, to be honest. could be innocent, subconscious re-assumption, since you don't actually get a view into their minds to see the intent in them asking a second time. could be general dickery or them genuinely forgetting, or it wasn't important enough to them at the time to remember in the first place

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I haven't found this in my immediate every day communications, but there is some call for concern of the current EMF's that are being created by our electric and microwave invention's. One thing that dies pop out at me whilst trying to see if there is any correlation with these EMF's to "Hearing loss" wasn't as fruitful as I wished, but with the side effects set as they may be, there may be room for yet another side effect:

People with high electrical sensitivity and/or electromagnetic hypersensitivity can experience numerous symptoms like nausea, dizziness, headaches, irritability, depression, anxiety, slow or fast heartbeat rate, altered sugar metabolism, immune abnormalities, hair loss, pain in the teeth, deteriorating fillings, impaired sense of smell, or ringing in the ears.

EMF's the 'Invisible' Danger

With the poles possibly shifting in our existence further than we have been able to scientifically document the effects of such an event, this may be the side of effect by way of combination of both the Earth's system going tilt and the EMF back up from our modern world.
Just thought I would share this with you all....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding totally insane, I honestly have been having symptoms and started wondering if it's the early stages of Alzheimers. It's a little frightening whatever it is. Simple things is right. Things that a person should never or would never forget. The other day it took me over an hour to remember the name of our first family dog? Yesterday, I couldn't remember the subject of a long conversation I had had with a friend. I knew we had one and that it was good but couldn't remember what it was about. How does that even happen? Maybe a tinfoil hat would help?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Don't feel bad Lucidity, the other day I couldn't remember the Ode to our National flag, it took my nephew to get it back to memory, "The Pledge of Allegiance"....DUH>>

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~LucidityAt the risk of sounding totally insane, I honestly have been having symptoms and started wondering if it's the early stages of Alzheimers. It's a little frightening whatever it is. Simple things is right. Things that a person should never or would never forget. The other day it took me over an hour to remember the name of our first family dog? Yesterday, I couldn't remember the subject of a long conversation I had had with a friend. I knew we had one and that it was good but couldn't remember what it was about. How does that even happen?

This is what about I'm talking. They forget simple, basic things. I also thought for Alzheimer when I experienced this with the first or second people, but when I experienced this with more then ten, from different ages, different sex, people with different way of life, I started to thought otherwise.

This is the reason why I created this topic. But as I see, it's not a unique phenomena, but it's also happening elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

OHHH this is funny Sentinel, read what you just typed:

This is what about I'm talking.

It's happening as we speak....AAAHhhhhhhhhh!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
What people forget, and often fail to understand is that humans do not have the ability to accurately predict the future.

Discussing 2012 in any context other than it being just another year, and/or date in time that has yet to pass is crazy.

The fears of what has yet to come based on the prophecies of man are counter productive, there is and always will be plenty of doom and gloom in this world, our world, no prophecy required.

It isn't how bad it can be that should consume your thoughts, it should be what can you, yourself do to make your own life, and the lives of others around you better... One day at a time.

How quickly people forget the good things in life, and simply accept survival or a pathetic life in endless mediocrity waiting for the world to end. People seem to absorb the negative and discard the positive.. That is a real tragedy because LIFE is short, too short.

Maybe enough negativity will consume the human race that we will bring about our own self-prophesied doom?

Where we go from now to 2012 and beyond is entirely up to each and every one of you!

edit on 15-2-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

Interesting post. However, I have to disagree with your second paragraph. Talking about 2012 and making prediction is not crazy at all. I'm delighted by the topic, yet I'm not crazy it just makes life easier. It would be noteworthy to know I don't believe the doom and gloom, but I do believe the enlightment theory. Everything that is happening in our world suggest we are in for a wild wild ride of change. Connecting the dot is what I do, it trai ns my brain
so according to what you're saying, I should ignore everything that might be related to 2012 andwait for the year to come to investigate? That'd be crazy, right?

But I see your point when it is directed at a doom and gloomer screaming 'the end is nigh' at every occasion...

Better be prepared than not! Right

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412

Have any of you experienced similar things in your area? Have your family members, friends, colleauges are started to forget basic things recently?

Yesterday I dialed my social security number to call home... I still don't know why I did that... and I forgot my sister's birthday.... Does that count?

Maybe I was just distracted, or maybe I'm just getting old.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I've noticed a marked increase in this type of behavior everywhere. At work, in lines, in traffic. The oddest thing is that most of the time when people can't remember something, they are super willing to just "let it go." As if it's almost too much of an effort to think about it so they're not going to even try. It's not the normal every once in a while forgetting something but more like some sort of strange fog that descends. People are spacing out more often in general too. Doing odd little things. I honestly think there's something to this somehow somewhere. It's not apathy or stagnation or stupidity or being distracted by the cell phone or iPod. It's some sort of environmental condition, and it's getting worse. People seem quicker to anger too, and I don't we can simply explain it away by saying, oh everyone's just stressed out and distracted, although in many cases that probably doesn't help the overall situation.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
More people smoke pot these days...

That might be an explanation...

Now wheres my oreo cookies....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Okay, so someone just posted a similar thread to this in Fragile Earth. And I went in there thinking it was this one and it annoyed the hell out of me because I couldn't remember the exact title of this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
OP, what you are presenting here is interesting indeed. However, we can't really link it to 2012. We can't say for sure. It might be an isolated case in your area, or maybe you're noticing it more. But I'll trust your judgment. If it is linked in any way, I'd attribute it to a frequency change. THERE! I remember reading somewhere that towards 2012 people would start losing short time memory due to the rise of frequency on Earth...interesting...

Thanks for the thread!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Okay, so someone just posted a similar thread to this in Fragile Earth. And I went in there thinking it was this one and it annoyed the hell out of me because I couldn't remember the exact title of this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems not I'm the only one who thought for this and not I'm the only one who noticed this. So it's not an isolated incident what I experienced here.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
More people smoke pot these days...

Nope. None of the observed people are doing this. Many of them are not even drinking alcohol or smoking. So try to find another logical answer. Apperantly something is affecting their memory and it's not their life style.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yes, l have been experiencing these symptoms myself. Also a lot of people l know, all ages seem to be affected. Unfortunately if you mention a certain "cause" on here, certain folk come out of the woodwork and like a dog with a bone start insulting peoples intelligence. lts obvious to me and has been for a long time. ALUMINUM. Where l am in the uk they are Chemtrailing nearly everyday, its causing asthma too, in people of all ages. Some days its so bad you get a horrid chemical taste in the back of your throat. l don't know what the answer is. One of our mp's brought it up in parliment recently but got nowhere. Peace star.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I forget stuff like that all the time and im only 23...

But my memory has been that bad ever since i can remember, but its only the simple things i forget, i remember everything i learn and interesting and important stuff, its just the simple things like you were saying that i cant seem to recall.

Like i couldnt tell you what i had for dinner yesterday..Honestly...!!

Maybe i should see a doctor about my short term memory

top topics

<< 1   >>

join