It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Involuntary spontaneous invisibility, dimension shift or something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
About 30 minutes ago I came out of the restroom and walked into the family room (the family room is open to the kitchen and the bathroom is off a small hall from the kitchen). I expected to see my wife and child (he's two) in the room, but the room was empty. I looked in the living room / dining room and didn't see them there either. I walked upstairs figuring they must have gone up to my son's room to play, but when I got to the top of the stairs I saw his door was open and light was off. I checked each bedroom to find no one upstairs. I even looked out the window to see if they had gone out to get the mail or something but didn't see anyone outside.

Confused, I walked back to the top of the stairs at which point I suddenly heard my son downstairs jabbering away. I followed the sound of his voice back to the family room where I found him sitting in the recliner playing and my wife on the sofa working on her laptop. I asked my wife where they had been and she said they were in the family room the entire time. I told her that I had just walked into the family room a minute before looking for them but they weren't there. She swore they were and I believe her. My wife isn't one for playing practical jokes or lying. I asked her if she saw me when I walked into the room the first time and she had not.

There is no way we could have missed seeing each other, my house isn't that big and the family room is open...no columns or anything in the way. I had looked at the couch where she was sitting only a minute before and she was not there, the couch was empty. My son is a daddy's boy and would have definitely acknowledged my presence in the room when I walked in the first time, but it was silent. Actually, now that I think about it, everything was eerily quiet when I was looking for them...no sounds from inside or outside the house. The first sound I heard was my son jabbering from the top of the stairs.

So what did I just experience? I've heard of involuntary spontaneous human invisibility (ISHI), but am not too familiar with it. Almost all the stories I've heard about ISHI say you can observe/hear the other party, but the other party can't see/hear you. In this case, no one saw anyone. Could it have been some type of temporary dimension or time shift? I'm just not sure what to make of this. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SSPI07

Well, if they didn't see you, and you didn't see them, invisibility seems unlikely, as it would have to specifically be you being invisible to them, and them being invisible to you, but not each other. Time shift... not sure how you would shift to another time, method unknown, and then a short time later, shift back, while the room didn't change (lights were still on, if you could see outside, the level of light was the same, etc.) Dimensional shift, kind of the same thing, although the particulars wouldn't be an issue, because where you went might have been exactly the same, except that you weren't married, or they were upstairs, or whatever. But, again, the "coming back" is hard to sort out.

A more mundane explanation might be that the three of you experienced a coincidental "zoning out", where, at the moment that you were walking through the room, you were all engrossed in something mentally, and you just didn't notice anything, even though, in your case, you're pretty sure that you looked at the couch and there was no one there.

Have you ever been driving on the highway, and become involved in something, like looking for a CD or talking to someone or looking at your child in the backseat, and suddenly realize that you haven't looked at the road in quite a while? I've done it, and been shocked to see that I've gone round curves, passed cars, and done other things that obviously required me to be paying attention, when I clearly was not. (I know, terrible habit, and I really try to stay focused, because I know that I can get distracted easily.)

Maybe there's something in us that allows to not be at two places at the same time, but to be operating independently on two conscious levels. The conscious bit of you, and your family, at that moment were absorbed in something, while another part of you was managing the "walking through the room" bit, and when you put the two parts back together, the action was obviously accomplished, but the memory of it came from the part of you that didn't notice anyone in the room, because while you thought you were looking around the room, you really weren't.

Barring that, no idea, sorry. Cool story, though.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I thought of that explanation as a possibility too and I won't rule it out. I worked in the security industry as an investigator for nearly ten years. I am 100% certain that I looked at the couch and am 100% certain the couch was empty...so certain I would swear to it in court. I wasn't preoccupied with any thoughts or distracted by anything physical like carrying something or using the cell phone. I simply walked into the room, noticed no one was there and just thought they had gone upstairs. Nothing seemed strange or out-of-the-ordinary at the time.

My wife had been working on her laptop, so the zoning out could more easily be applied to her not seeing me. She is prone to blocking things out anyway...she can be looking right at the TV and I'll say something about what was just on and she has no idea what I'm talking about. My son, on the other hand, is extremely observant for a two-year-old. Even when I walk into a room quietly, he turns and acknowledges my presence...like I said, he's a big daddy's boy. But the fact that I didn't see them and they didn't see me is what is so strange. I've never experienced anything like it, even in those rare times where I have 'zoned out' while preoccupied.

I spoke to a good friend of mine last night who studies this kind of thing. He suggested it was possible that some type of energy field was present that shielded us from seeing each other. Just another possibility to throw in the bag!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SSPI07

I have not had the same invisibility anomalies as you have, but this is the closest thread I can related my experience to. I experienced a deja vu anomaly where as the deja vu happened, it seemed like I teleported in time. This has happened to me twice now. It just happened today. It's only the second time. I had thought all day that today was Thursday like for some reason I really did. and I had deja vu and also at the same deja vu realized it was Wednesday. It was very strange the way it happened, almost like I went back a day. Obviously it could be coincidental but it was still very strange.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SSPI07

Wow I just posted something similar below is the title of my post, dated 2/17/2011.

Can someone tell me what happened???? Did I walk into a different dimenision of time for a few minu, page 1st posted something similar. Someone referred me to this post as a similar experience....check mine out.

I can only belive you entered into a different dimension for just a minute or so....kind of like what I did....I THINK. But very interesting...

I do understand.....that every life we have ever lived and every life we ever WILL live is happening rigfht now simultanioulsy. So I suppose it is possible that we could accidently stumble into a different fabric of time.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I've never had such an experience myself ( although I have had many similar equally strange) but I've read quite a lot about it in mystical literature. It is often mentioned in works of mystics from Integral tradition where it is known as "subtle physical" or plane which was relatively easily accessible to mystics but untrained people also slip into it unknowingly sometimes in waking state or when leaving physical body after death.
They say it is very similar to physical universe but there are some strange anomalies, you can notice that some things or people are missing or are at different location. Sometimes you will meet deceased people there.
They claim that to enter this dimension you have to take a step aside figuratively speaking. It requires subtle modification of perception which sometimes occurs during traumatic periods in life. I don't know if this is what both of you experienced but to me it does seem to fit into description.
It is not the so called "astral plane" form Theosophy nor heavenly realm and is not considered to be true spiritual plane according to Hermetic mysticism but nonetheless pretty interesting and weird place.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
There has been glitch in the holographic matrix engine. we apologize for any inconvenience or stress this may have caused.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SSPI07
reply to post by adjensen

I spoke to a good friend of mine last night who studies this kind of thing. He suggested it was possible that some type of energy field was present that shielded us from seeing each other. Just another possibility to throw in the bag!

THete is much talk of the Earth passing through new 'pockets' energy in space. It is said that these pockets could have 'evolutionary' effects on humans and our DNA.

Is it possible that these energy pockets are the "energy fields" that your friend is talking bout? Interesting thought if so...

Also, the massive solar flare ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) that is due to hit the Earth tonight, what if the sun also released other 'energy' when this CME occurred? What if that is the "energy fields"?

edit on 18-2-2011 by srsen because: error

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SSPI07

This is such a really unique experience.

I am no expert in this area, but I am openminded to alternate realities.

The aspect of this experience that really intrigues me is that apparently the trigger point for this experience was the fact that you were on your way out of the neighborhood and then spontaneously decided to "go back" and then immediately made a U-turn and "went back" not just in space but also in time. It is like you were leaving the space/time coordinates of your friend's place and then abruptly changed your coordinates and found yourself back where you were but also back in time.

If only you had stayed there long enough to gather some proof of where you had been.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I really like your story because I have had similar things happen to me before.
Well its not entirely similar but its close.

Sometimes when reading (either on the mac or reader) at home I will get so involved in what I'm doing that I will lose sense of my physical location so to speak.

Its like this; When on the mac I KNOW that to my right is a printer and a bunch of dragon figurines and I KNOW that to my left is the kitchen table and the microwave.
Sometimes for a second or two I will get the feeling that I'm in a different location such as a different house or a previous house.
It will then FEEL like I know that to my left is a yellow wall with a window as aposed to the microwave, kitchen table, and white wall with no window.
Then when I physically look to the left and see the kitchen table it startles me because in that exact point in time I'm expecting to see the yellow wall and a window.

I'm not sure if I explained to perfectly in a way that makes sense but maybe it will help you sorta understand what happened to you. And hopefully theres others that this happens to so I dont sound to nuts.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

Wow! I just read your experience and it WAS eerily similar to mine. And to have something so similar happen within days of each other really makes me wonder what could have caused it. I also wonder how many people out there not part of the ATS crowd experienced something similar but have kept it to themselves.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by imaginos

This is almost 100% verbatim what my friend was explaining to me. He said similar things can be accomplished through the proper training and meditation, but occasionally one can slip through this 'energy field' accidentally.

top topics

join