It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Indiana Jones the next victim of Egypt's revolution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The unpopularity of Zahi Hawass, a man who controlled access to Egypt's ancient artifacts the way Mubarak controlled politics, hints at the political battles to come in the unfolding Egypt revolution.

But the answer to the question "what would you most like to see changed about the regime" could be boiled down to two words: Zahi Hawass.

An interesting turn of events. I knew Zahi wasn't too popular here in the USA, or in the UK. But I didn't know there was such a consensus in his own country.

And today, he was besieged by a few hundred employees of the council and unemployed archeology graduates, demanding better pay and jobs.

To the men who rent camels to tourists and run unlicensed guide services for foreigners at the Giza plateau, he's a hated figure and the reasons are simple.

"That man would be happy to see a family starve if he could save a mummy,"

Seems like someone had a thread recently suggesting Hawass step down. That might just happen from the looks of things. He was quite chummy with the Mubarak's, and that hasn't bode well for him. But I can't imagine the new boss would be any better than the old one. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Link to article...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Maybe now, we can get the truth behind much of the propganda bull# that he's been trying to spread/surpress about egyptian history (and humanity overall)
edit on 3/6/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

new topics

join