It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diary of an infrequent astral traveler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I just wanted to share with you some of my out of body experiences, and to also give a little of my insight to how they work for me.
But firstly, I want to start with an experience I had when I was 10 years old.
One afternoon, I lay down to nap and found myself floating above my body. The radio was on and when I went to turn it off, my hand went through it. This frightened me for a moment, but then, I felt as though I was whisked away from my bedroom and what felt like an instant, I was floating above the Earth.

I thought how wonderful this was and then turned around and looked into space. I then proceeded to travel into deep space at amazing speed. I began to hear this humming, whirling type sound and then something happened which I have never been able to duplicate to this day.(I�m now 30yrs old) I felt a vibration all over, and then I felt as though I had separated into millions of pieces. I then had the feeling that I was all over the Universe at the same time, in all different places.

During my childhood, I used to �play� with others that I would meet whilst astral traveling. For example, we would have races to see who could fly from the ground to fly above the Earth.

Now I want to share with you a negative experience I had when I was 18. In my own physical reality, things were quite tough for me then. I guess the usual adolescent stuff most of us go through, as well as other external issues.
Firstly, I was reading in bed and the family dog was sleeping by my feet. I then began to smell something in the room.
It was like a terrible rotting smell which had come suddenly. I leaned over to my dog to see if maybe the smell was coming from him. (He would�ve been in trouble if it did!) For obvious reasons that wasn�t the case as I then sent him out, and the smell hung around for about half an hour.
Before I decided to go to sleep, my dog came back in the room and started staring in the corner. His hairs then stood up like prickles and then he was now growling. I sent him out and decided to sleep.

I then fell into the astral world and found myself floating in a place that was the color of brown. There were no walls, just brown. I felt as though I was invited to this place. I then felt this rushing sensation coming towards me from the right. Hearing the screaming words of �F++k off, f++k off!� I got such a fright I then woke up.
In my mid twenties, I had told my father about the experience of a rotting smell, and feeling as though somebody was also in the room. He then told me that he had experienced the same thing when he was in his teens.

Flying feet first, without much control has also been a part of my darker periods in life.

With the examples I have shown, I seem to find parallels with what is going on in my life, which does impact my astral traveling experiences. So the lesson here for me, is to have a good focus and clarity in my life. That way, my astral experiences are always positive.

Now let me tell you about my technique. It really is quite easy, and I think some people try too hard on how it should be done. Letting go of that, you might find yourself being more successful. I believe that everyone astral travels frequently, but they don�t remember doing it.
So maybe you should concentrate on �remembering� what you are doing during your �sleep� state, rather than trying to achieve some form of technique.
One thing I do find helpful, is when I lie down, my eyes are closed and I look ahead. Then I actually focus on a point which is a little to the right of my central point of view. For some reason, focusing on this point helps me to astral travel. Try it out, and also remember to be sitting up a little. This helps so that you don�t end up dozing off to sleep.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i have been trying to astral travel for a while now and have had no success.
ill try your techniques tonight! anyway, although i have not succeded in traveling, i have researched it quite a bit (still alot to learn though...).
remember back to when you felt the rushing sensation - could you 'feel' or sense what this being looked like?
maybe you could try going back to this place?
ive read that if you picture where you want to go, you will be rushed there just after you reach the astral plane (dunno if its true though...). you never know, you might find someone or something there waiting for you...
you say the place was all brown - was the sky brown? or was it just brown (no floor, sky, walls, etc)? maybe you could ask someone in the astral plane to help (if thats possible - ive heard that you can talk from some, and you cant talk from others)

thats all i can think of. maybe if there are any other expierienced travelers reading this, they could help you out... ... and if anyone has any other tips on how to reach the astral plane, please tell!!!!!

hope ive helped
matt

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Vishnu192, I did see what it looked like after I had woken up, but I chose to leave that out of my initial post, mainly because I wanted to present some examples of astral traveling that I have experienced, with that as the focus.
Sometimes when I come across people in the astral world, an image of them is carried through several seconds after I have woken up. It does give the impression that they are standing in my bedroom and can be a little scary.
This �being� was no different. With the light coming through my window, I caught a silhouette of it.
It stood as tall as up to the ceiling, and its legs were really bony and skinny. The upper body was quite muscular and its head reminded me of that alien character in the movie �Predator�. Although it certainly wasn�t that exact character!
The possibility that I may have physically smelled its presence earlier in my room also frightened me later.
The rushing sensation I felt in the brown place, was as though this �being� had rushed up to me. It felt like I was seriously going to be attacked. As it was such a terrifying place to be, I hope that I never go back there again. I certainly don�t feel the need to either!
I don�t recall seeing a brown sky, mainly because I didn�t look upwards. All I know is that I was surrounded with the color brown. I could feel that others were there, but didn�t actually visually see them. I guess that the brown surrounding me must have been infinite.

I have another tip for assisting in astral traveling.
This time I will look at some of the hindrances, or obstacles that might make it more difficult for you.
1. Smoking. (Oh yes, for all you smokers out there! I currently smoke cigarettes myself, hence the name of my thread �Diary of an infrequent astral traveler�. I now find that since I have been smoking, my astral travels are a little more infrequent, and I have difficulty in inducing them at will. So if you do smoke, you might want to seriously consider cutting down, or cutting it out altogether.
Although, I have cut down a lot myself and have found that my astral traveling is becoming a little more frequent. (It�s tough, but I�m nearly there!)
2. Excessive alcohol. This is another one to consider. If you are of legal age to drink, you might want to consider having a small glass of wine before you lie down. It�s not really always necessary. I hardly do this myself, but on some occasions it has helped in putting me into a deeper state.
Excessive alcohol? Forget about it! It�s not even going to work for you.

Drugs? You really want to forget about that as well. Drugs is definitely out.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
ive done a quick google search on the description that you said about but all i can find are dogs!!! i will try again when i have more time, because this 'being' may be known. do you know of any other astral traverlers? maybe you could describe this thing as best you can to them and see if they recognise it. i'll do the same.

as for the tips, i do not drink, smoke, or do drugs of any sort. maybe im not ready yet...

i have a question. does the astral plane look like the 'real' world, or is it different? just wondering.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Is it possible to see people awake when you are astral traveling or do you only see other astrals?

Is your body rested after you go astral traveling? I am rather prone to falling asleep whenever I try to do this. I have only managed to do this once and I scared myself so bad that I snapped back into my body.

Thank you for sharing your experience!
LO

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hey, wow wish i could astral travel... you make it sound so easy lol, though i have found a helpful site for all you budding travellers! ....i'm sure it was mentioned in this forum before... but here it is again! :

www.astralpulse.com...

...hope this link helps !

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
WOW!!!!! lots of stuff!!!
its gonna take me ages to read thru it though.... but i expect its worth it!!! thanks for the link freedom_88!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
vishnu192, in regards to your question about whether the astral world looks the same as this one.
It actually depends on where you go. I have astral travelled into space, and I have also travelled in this world. Sometimes I have also found myself 'looking in' on people going about their daily or nightly business.
I have come across several situations where I have watched people, and they knew I was present.
That can be a little frightening, as when they had noticed me, they were angry and had come towards me.
The thing is, I have never felt as though I was deliberately spying on people. It would just happen that I would be watching them.
I also have noticed something interesting. When I have astral travelled on this planet, I would visit places I was familiar with. The only thing is, that some of the things were different. Like no tree where there should be, or a building that looks a little different in design to what exists on this plain.
I may be visiting other parallel universes when I have these experiences.

I also once visited a place underground where I saw humans in cages. Some of these people were screaming. Children were also there in cages.
There were some more details of that experience, but I really don't want to lay it all out here.
I just want to add to this. It is not my intention to build this into something that it may not be.
This experience could have also been a dream. The experience happend some years ago.

LadyOrchid, you might want to try sitting up a little, rather than lying down.
Of course it can be a little scary. I guess most experiences are, when we are aware of them for the first time.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by dolphinguy2004]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I used to get OOB experiences occasionally, involuntarily during my sleep. One time, while I was gliding around, several powerful arms dragged me down and I woke up instantly. I've had trouble getting OOB experiences ever since. I still do get them rarely, but I have trouble remembering anything except for leaving my body.

My first OOB experience was amazing, simply amazing. I was flying around in the night sky, which was a beautiful lavender, and I came upon this massive, floating, vividly-colored checkered plane. The rest of my OOB experiences were rather dull in comparison. But I do remember meeting this one "Hindu-ish", jet-black-skinned, bald entity with fearsome eyes and no nose, who spoke in rough guttural barks. I never got into the habit of returning to my body though, so many of my OOB experiences were interspersed with lucid dreams. I'm not too sure if the entity I met was part of an OOB experience or was my own creation through a lucid dream.

dolphinguy2004, some of your OOB experiences sound absolutely terrifying...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Sometimes it can be frightening, but I mostly have wondeful experiences. Especially now since I have a lot more positive focus in my life.
I remember I once astral travelled over the city of Paris.
It wasn't until two years ago, I physically visited Paris and stood on top of the Montparnasse(tallest building with the best panaramic views of Paris)
What I saw, was of Paris exactly what I remember seeing when I had astral travelled there before that.
So astral travelling can be an inexpensive way to see the world!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Does anyone ever visit the akashic records? Very freaky place I think......

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I once visited a place where I saw books on shelves as far as the eye could see. I wandered around for a little as I felt somewhat lost.
I then came to an area where I saw three very old men standing around. They watched me as they were scratching their foreheads and had weak smirks on their faces.
I don't know whether this place was the Akashic temple, but if it had been, I certainly didn't think of searching for my books!
Ever since then, I have never visited a place like that. But if I do, I'll know what to look for.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by vishnu192
ive done a quick google search on the description that you said about but all i can find are dogs!!! i will try again when i have more time, because this 'being' may be known. do you know of any other astral traverlers? maybe you could describe this thing as best you can to them and see if they recognise it. i'll do the same.

as for the tips, i do not drink, smoke, or do drugs of any sort. maybe im not ready yet...

i have a question. does the astral plane look like the 'real' world, or is it different? just wondering.

The Astral plane doesnt look like the real world...It is more graphic...I can see the medium from which everything is made--tiny pinpoints of light--magical, just pure energy everything, crystal clear. The warm breath from an animal lingered before my eyes ---just hung there. CRAZY!
And the color was this cool blue dark blue..not like denim but a little purple in it maybe.Everything had this color in it. The snow, the animals, the land, the rocks,... the air had this color in it.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
wow sounds exciting!!!
still haven't been able to travel yet though....

although i did feel like i was rising from my body about 4 days ago. was this the start??? what about going into military compounds (area 51 anyone???) seem to remember hearing that they could trap you in the astral plane and you couldn't get out...
anyway, as soon as i have astral traveled, i'll let u know Mr. dolphinguy. maybe we could meet up out there, huh...

d1k

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinguy2004

I also once visited a place underground where I saw humans in cages. Some of these people were screaming. Children were also there in cages.
There were some more details of that experience, but I really don't want to lay it all out here.

Could you please go into more detail on this. There are many threads here on ATS and other websites about Underground bases shared by ET's and the military that give descriptions on exactly what you described. Do you think you are talking about the same thing? Could you go into more detail?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sounds like astral traveling could be a national security concern. If real ...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i've read , and felt things very simlar to it , i'd highly suggest reading carlos castaedna two books , Journy to exiland and tales of power , the rest of his books are ok , but those two are extremly importent to alternative enlightenment ( alt way to enlightenment then the popular eastern ideas altho they are simlar )

anyway its in tales of power that your experince is writin about , but i highly suggest reading thro the journy to exiland frist then reading tales of power

new topics

top topics

join