It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's Palace? Allegations of Corruption Surround the Billion Dollar Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is one brave person to make these kinds of allegations in regards to Putin.. Don't folks like him end up disappeared? I am sure that it's perfectly normal for someone earning 6 figures from the government to be able to build a modest 1 billion dollar palace, nothing to see here.

calgaryherald.com

Vladimir Putin has had a $951-million Italianate palace built for himself near a Black Sea resort with the proceeds of "corruption, bribery and theft," a Russian businessman has alleged.

The claim, in a letter to Dmitry Medvedev, Russia's president, was reinforced Monday after the Novaya Gazeta newspaper obtained what it said was an authenticated copy of the original contract for the palace, signed in 2005 by Vladimir Kozhin, the Russian presidential property manager.

Putin, now prime minister, was president at the time.

Well.. in Putin's favor, it does seem that there is a need for another palace considering...

A Russian magazine, Kommersant Dengi, reported last month that Putin and Medvedev share between them at least two dozen palaces, villas and mansions.

Can't have them living in squalor now can we?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
better that he spends his money on russian wages and resources than to take it all out the country and spend it on foreign football/soccer teams like some of the other russian mafia billionaires have.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
In todays news a Russian business man was found dead from radiation sickness.

Putin is a dictator and he's just pretending that Russia has a democracy.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
In Mother Russia house costs you... a billion dollars!!!

This is the only other billion dollar house I could find. It's owned by the richest man in India, Mukesh Ambani.
www.overseaspropertymall.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

you can buy billion dollar apartments in monaco.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
This is the only other billion dollar house I could find. It's owned by the richest man in India, Mukesh Ambani.
www.overseaspropertymall.com...

Ambani's house sucks! What the heck is that supposed to be? Resembles a multi-storied pigsty! Jeeez! I thought there were better ways not to splurge ill gotten wealth?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I know its so ugly, it looks like an oilrig. My billion dollar palace would be a giant, platinum pyramid, and the only way to enter would be a helipad off the middle of one of the sides 20 stories up. There would also be a moat with crocodiles that get their teeth sharpened once a week.

reply to post by lewman

link?
edit on 16-2-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is what happens with "Communism" in the "real world."
The people's wealth gets converted to state property which
is in turn defacto owned and controlled by the state's controllers.
They should take Das Kapital and use it to wipe "das arses.".

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Russia is just another one of those republics that are really monarchies pretending to be republics. In fact, there have been discussions about restoring the Romanovs, Putin of course would remain as prime minister for life. IIRC there is a small, but very active movement that wishes to restore the monarchy in Russia. The Russian government as well has been "glorifying" the Tsarist era. The Russian Army's new dress uniforms are almost identical to those that were introduced by Tsar Nicolas II in 1912.

top topics

join