It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina, US in diplomatic spat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

only two words can describe the situation in Argentina :
OH S,,t!!!
This is not good at all...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Well it could very well have to do with a supply route to neighboring Paraguay.

Paraguay in a spin about Bush's alleged 100,000 acre hideaway

That's what I was thinking. Some local politician was probably trying to put the arm on George, and he was going to show him how 'the Company' solves problems.

From the link:
"The US presence in Paraguay has been under scrutiny since May 2005 when the country's Congress agreed to allow 400 American marines to operate there for 18 months in exchange for financial aid."

He probably initially had these guys clear out all the natives and small farmers that were living on his ranch.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well this is not the first time something like this happens. According to Argentina foreign minister, Hector Timerman, last August another plane tried to enter non declared material to Argentina, and thanks to the intervention of Vilma Martinez, US ambassador in Argentina, the plane could return without getting its cargo seized.

The most embarrassing point was the infamous green suitcase, which cointained the drugs, GPS devices, communications intercept devices, "top secret" labeled pen drives, and pamphlets that said in Spanish "I'm a US soldier, please inform my embassy I have been arrested by this country", among other stuff. But the embarrassing part was that to avoid the customs authorities to open this suitcase, two soldiers, taking turns, remained sitting on it for about six hours. And finally, after they agreed to open it they asked to do it inside, because a spy satellite could take a picture of its content and that could compromise US nation security.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
...pamphlets that said in Spanish "I'm a US soldier, please inform my embassy I have been arrested by this country"

Well we have the homeless dying for simple want of shelter on our streets, and entire families are living out of their cars, but praise be we still have enough tax dollars for the purpose of committing wholesale crimes against other nations.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join