It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina wants seperate "back-up" currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been discussed here, but looks like a few states are jumping on this bandwagon. I especially like Utahs version, allowing states residents to run their own mints...lol, ok, that may be a little too extreme, but it is good to know that there are some folks out there thinking about what may happen with the feds moves as late.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Lawmakers in Virginia recently tried the same thing, but the Governor of Virginia would not get behind them on the matter.

Bloomberg News Report

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

The fed has done nothing but put taxes on our own currency. Salute to south carolina, the last state to fly the rebel flag over the capital until recently. the rebel flag represents states rights, and also the right to own slaves but more importantly the right for the citizens to do as they please as long as the majority deems it fit and popular. I don't advocate slavery, but as you know we pay roughly 50% of our income to some sort of mandatory tax or fee. So, I guess we are all slaves now. Anyway, kudos to SC for flexing their freedom muscle.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
California should fire up the gold mines and start minting their own coins again. This state is so rich in resources there is no excuse for it to be broke.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

What a fantastic idea. Now anyone with a halfway decent laser printer can print up themselves some "back-up" currency too.

Please....just more grandstanding by the rightwing.

South Carolina should put it's money where it's mouth is and LOWER state taxes and send back all the federal aid money they get in the form of grants. Think thats gonna happen?

edit on 14-2-2011 by whaaa because: fg6dety78

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Pretty much said it all right there.

top topics

join