It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is just bizzaire...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's just a transient attack. I have these sometimes in the middle of a migraine.

It's the stupidest thing, because I know the word I want to say, but I can't make the connection between the thought and my speech. So it comes out as babbling, or stopping to think about what word I want to say. People around me are sometimes freaked out by it, although like everything else about the migraine, it eventually just goes away, and I don't believe I'm any the worse for it.

Blahbity blah blady blah.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Having lived with a person who suffered all kinds of seizures from petite to grand mal I would say she was having a seizure.

Psychic seizures:

>These seizures change how people think, feel, or experience things. They may have problems with memory, garbled speech, an inability to find the right word, or trouble understanding spoken or written language. They may suddenly feel emotions like fear, depression, or happiness with no outside reason. Some may feel as though they are outside their body or may have feelings of déja vu ("I've been through this before") or jamais vu ("This is new to me"— even though the setting is really familiar).

Motor seizures:

These cause a change in muscle activity. For example, a person may have abnormal movements such as jerking of a finger or stiffening of part of the body. These movements may spread, either staying on one side of the body (opposite the affected area of the brain) or extending to both sides. Other examples are weakness, which can even affect speech, and coordinated actions such as laughter or automatic hand movements. The person may or may not be aware of these movements.

www.epilepsy.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm a little in awe of some of the post that are making fun of her and making this into a joke.
I was watching something about it last night, they had a neurologist from Cedar Sinai talking about it, this could be very serious for her. He seemed to think she was probably having a stroke that occurs in a certain region of the brain. Hopefully thats the last one she has.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Well we finally have an answer, Doctors have diagnosed Serene Branson with a condition called Migraine Aura, Far less serious than a stroke. So now I dont feel as bad for finding humor in it.

L.A. Times

Whatever the cause, the good news is that -- although painful -- migraines with aura are not life threatening.

WebMD
edit on 18-2-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

Here is a video of her from the Early Show speaking normally..
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone

So now I dont feel as bad for finding humor in it.

Wow.........that's all I can say. Did you read the link you posted? I didn't find much humor in it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

of course you didn't. The article has no humor in it. I was referring to the video, which is kind of funny in a what the hell just happened kind of way.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join