It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-religious Music

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yes, this is an anti-religious thread displaying music videos of relevance for those of you who hate religion and/or just like to listen to metal. You can post your own suggestions if you want.

edit on 2/14/2011 by Condemned0625 because: Link glitch.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Dude...you are so dead set against religion/god that it makes me think the devil just might exist...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

This song comes to mind
edit on 14-2-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

here's the anti to your anti www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Lol. Maybe I am the carnal manifestation of the devil or perhaps of every devil from every mythology. Sometimes I wish I could be such a thing. Being a powerful adversary would be amazing.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Not interested. Once I saw who it was, I closed the tab. Nice try.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Lol. Maybe I am the carnal manifestation of the devil or perhaps of every devil from every mythology. Sometimes I wish I could be such a thing. Being a powerful adversary would be amazing.

lol, yeah, and maybe I'm the manifestation of Jesus. Seriously dude, I don't mean to give you crap, but I know a person almost EXACTLY like you in every way. The words you just spoke are not healthy and I bet you do secretly think of yourself as some sort of "carnal manifestation" or what ever. You're just as delusional as those who follow major religions such as Christianity. The thread is titled "Anti-religious Music" but you clearly oppose God and stand behind the devil, THAT IS A RELIGIOUS if you hadn't noticed, so it can't be anti-religious. Peace.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

No, it is not religious. I don't worship anything. Satan does not exist and I don't worship him, but I do admire his character. I am not religious and I do not accept religious propositions. Your "You're delusional" assertion is delusional itself and a fallacious statement that lacks reasoning. I'm not deluded at all. Are you?

By the way, this thread is just for the music and the message. Don't be like some of the christians, ruining my thread and turning it into a religious argument.
edit on 2/14/2011 by Condemned0625 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

ahaha it was worth a try. Everyone has their own way and its not for me to judge. I used to listen to a lot of Pantera you can look there but i doubt that you have never heard of them lol. Cannibal corspe, Slayer, morbid angel, napalm death, Otep just to name a few. I used to be like you well not just like you but into this whole thing it gets old real fast at lest it did for me. The song by thrice was about not being able to understand the message because your closed off to it so in a way i was joking with you knowing your stance on the subject. My i suggest looking into the bible from the stand point of it being an interesting read and try to put yourself in their shoes just dont look at it as some old story. Its actually very interesting when you do that. dont worry im not trying to convert you just it might give you some insight into why people believe that's all.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

No, it is not religious. I don't worship anything. Satan does not exist and I don't worship him, but I do admire his character.

So I guess the remark about being the devil meant nothing at all? What's with the satanic symbol on your avatar? Why do you listen to dreadful music you claim is anti-religious? Does it even sound good to you? Maybe if the lyrics were intelligently debunking biblical claims I would call the music anti-religious - but yelling, screaming, freaking out and dressing like weirdo only screams "I support the support the devil" and his ways. I am a "dark" being that shows little care or love towards others and I will stop at nothing until all your beliefs are shattered. Keep up the good work pal.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

No, it is not religious. I don't worship anything. Satan does not exist and I don't worship him, but I do admire his character.

So I guess the remark about being the devil meant nothing at all? What's with the satanic symbol on your avatar? Why do you listen to dreadful music you claim is anti-religious? Does it even sound good to you? Maybe if the lyrics were intelligently debunking biblical claims I would call the music anti-religious - but yelling, screaming, freaking out and dressing like weirdo only screams "I support the support the devil" and his ways. I am a "dark" being that shows little care or love towards others and I will stop at nothing until all your beliefs are shattered. Keep up the good work pal.

LOL! Wow, you really are entertaining. There are lyrics to the songs and he is actually speaking words. It sounds good to me and I like it. He's not screaming "I support the devil!" like you claim. Ignorant and stereotypically judgemental people like you definitely need to revise their statements and study more material.

Keep up the good work pal.

I shall.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I know why people believe, but I also know why people disbelieve. I've read the book and it's full of inconsistencies, contradictions, inaccuracies, absurdities, atrocities, impossibilities, etc. There's no good reason for me to consider it worthy of existence. I used to be a christian and I know why: Parents. Without childhood indoctrination, "god's" word wouldn't be as popular. At least I freed myself from it all and starting thinking on my own for once. I started listening to metal and realized that I liked it, beginning with alternative and hard rock and eventually evolving my taste into hardcore and death metal, eventually reaching black metal and industrial. My music preference only gets darker and never goes the other direction.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Since i love metal, here is a band that will perfectly fit to your taste.

Peace

edit on 14-2-2011 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Very nice. I like Deicide as well. I find this video very funny to watch.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Dimmu Borgir? Seriously?? They are only show. Here is something better :

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

I like that band too. I've heard that song plenty of times. Not my favorite though. Cradle of Filth and Graveworm are two of my favorites. What makes you think Dimmu Borgir is just for show? They have a point to make too.

One of my favorite songs of all time.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

What makes you think Dimmu Borgir is just for show? They have a point to make too.

Sure they have a point to make, i never said they didn´t. But, what i meant is that they are too theatrical for my taste.

Here are 2 bands to show you what i mean for my taste.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Oh, okay. I didn't know you meant. I just like a lot of symphonic metal.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Oh, okay. I didn't know you meant. I just like a lot of symphonic metal.

My girlfriend likes Symphonic metal. She is into Therion and co.

Peace

edit on 14-2-2011 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

The kind I'm into is a bit different. Symphonic gothic, symphonic death and symphonic black metal, such as these:

One of the vocalists for Immanifest is from Deicide, by the way. I found that interesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join