It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of the Roswell balloon theory, and UFO cover up fiasco.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Was doing some research involving data mining counter intelligence activities, and well rather stumbled across this tid bit of info.

Not really my slice of pie, but being an inquisitive mind and ATS resident, I was curios. After reading the docs, I can now see where much confusion regarding Roswell stems from.

Perhaps after having read these docs for your selves, and perhaps saving them for future reference, such common mis-conceptions and general mistakes can be prevented.

Deny Ignorance after all, to do so we all must remain open minded and receptive to all sides of a story. Not "cherry picking" and taking out of context material, which favors selections.

Top Secret
U L T R A
Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit Summary
INTELLIGENCE ASSESSMENT
File ref •O O 1 9 4 7 1 2 2 -A -1 2 0 61 .
The extraordinary recovery of fallen airborne objects in the state of New Mexico, 1947 :
This Summary was prepared by Headquarters Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit, Scientific and Technical
Branch, Counterintelligence Directorate, as requested by A.C. of S., G -2, at the expressed order of Chief of Staff. 2. At 2332 MST, 3 July 47, radar stations in east Texas, and White Sands Proving G ro u n d, N.M., tracked two unidentified, aircraft until both dropped off radar. Two crash sites have been located close to the W SPG. Site L Z -1 was located at a ranch near Corona, approx . 75 miles northwest of the town of Roswell.

Counter Intelligence Corps/Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit Report, 22 July 1947

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
That scribd site was running really slow so I googled the title and found another source:

other source

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I read through the document and I kinda thought (I cant put my finger on it) that it didn't seem very professionally written, there was something about it, the site I linked to above www.majesticdocuments.com... gave it a rating of authenticity:

Medium-High Level of Authenticity - 60-80%

So its not a "confirmed" document if you will...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing

What I have not noticed before in all accounts and documents regarding Roswell is this comment from your document link.

The recovery of five bodies in a damaged escape c y l i n d e r , precluded an i n v e s t i g a t i o n at
L Z - 1

So it appears there was an escape pod as such? hopefully the docs are legit.
edit on 13/2/11 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The Doc's looked like there from an old fax machine orginals rather than official Doc's.

top topics

join