It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets take a walk in the shoes of the Reptilian, shall we?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Please first visit the following link to get your brain into my mindset: www.reptoids.com...

Now join me on this hypothesis/theory/fanciful speculation/whatever you want to call it.

As a young boy I was always fascinated with dinosaurs, and constantly was spilling over dinosaur books. It just amazed me that such titans lived on these lands that we call home, once upon a time. It's also sad that the topic has lost its enchantment over the years. In one book there was images of several different dinosaurs, and then there was one of a human looking reptile that still maintained many dinosaur characteristics. I could not find the picture that I speak of, but the link above is what was found, and will have to do.

So to the point. Imagine there is this sentient and intelligent creature living in this dinosaur dimension of Earth. Maybe they were technologically advanced, maybe not, who knows? But what if they were smart enough to avoid the big extinction that was coming? If an animal is a tunneler, or is even remotely aware that there is a down, it will hide underground in event of massive catastrophe. Now imagine that these creatures took refuge in the vast cavernous systems that criss-cross Earth's crust like volcanic swiss-cheese.

Would it also make sense that after the catastrophe happened, a massive change was happening to Earth's atmosphere? It was a thick oxygenated atmosphere before, resulting in the large dinosaurs, and was hot, resulting in cold blooded reptiles. Would it not make sense for these creatures to go closer to the Earth's core to benefit to the heat that they are used to?

Now, to take it further, imagine that you are this creature, but have knowledge of metallurgy and all of the mineral workings of the world. Imagine the mining operations, and the technological advances from this amount of resources. Imagine what humans would do to all of these minerals!!

Now, lets take this even further. What if they are the mistaken evil reptilian overlords? What if we were taught that to hide them from us so that our leaders would have more control over us as sheeple? What if there was a treaty saying that if they ever came out of their hole, we would destroy them? Or what if these beings know the destructive and punishing nature of primate, and decide to stay in their hole? Or what if they have a highly developed space program fueled by incomparable amounts of resources, and the UFOs we see are actually them trying to make us aware? What if the reason they don't go in full to make us aware is that they are scared of starting a war with our leaders? What if they aren't an advanced race of interstellar travelers, that makes them more vulnerable to our leaders actions. What if there is already a war happening, and they are struggling with primate to gain back their freedom on the surface?

I could go on and on with these questions, because honestly I forgot about the alien world that used to exist on the very one we stand, and I feel many have as well. Or maybe we haven't forgot about it, but we really never sat down and thought "What would it have been like to live in that world?"

So I will cut this never ending list of questions short, and allow you all to pick apart this concept in whatever way you deem fit. I just needed to get this off my mind

edit on 13-2-2011 by DakmindAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
They did survive they are called lizards, iguanas, alligators, crockodiles etc.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

edit on 13-2-2011 by DakmindAK because: have decided not to reply and to just see where this thread goes.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The so called reptilians whant us dead and right now THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE DOING...
GET OVER IT AND GRAB A GUN!

edit on 13/2/11 by masqua because: Removed big quote

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I have many reptilians at home, 5 DIamond Pythons, 1 Olive Python, 3 Water Dragons and 2 Bearded Dragons.

Dont worry they have no interest taking over the world or eating us

Also reptilians cannot live under ground because of lack of sun light and vitamin D deficiency unless your a blind snake which live on termites.

Come on guys the only reptilians we have are native

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think there's quite a few similarities with Mac Tonnies' Cryptoterrestrial Theory and what you're saying, maybe check it out if you've not already?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DakmindAK
...and then there was one of a human looking reptile that still maintained many dinosaur characteristics. I could not find the picture that I speak of, but the link above is what was found, and will have to do.

I believe what you are referring to is paleontologist Dale Russell's "dinosauroid thought experiment", hypothesizing what the Troodon might have evolved into had dinosaurs not gone extinct.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e40df96471e.jpg[/atsimg]

Unfortunately for those that want to point to it as evidence of Reptilian beings, there are major problems with the thought experiment. It was developed at a time when we knew less about Troodons and their theropod relatives; today we believe that the Troodon would have looked more like this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1176c4c400ac.jpg[/atsimg]

If the dinosauroid had evolved from the Troodon, it would have feathers, something not reported in reptilian encounters.

Also, and perhaps most importantly, Russell based his dinosauroid on almost pure conjecture. There is no reason to assume that a dinosaur with a high-intelligence would have evolved a humanoid body. We have overwhelming and extraordinary evidence for the contrary. The highly intelligent descendents of dinosaurs look nothing like humans.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

I have not checked it out, this all popped in my head at some point as a thought, as most things do. Usually feel pretty connected to my 7th and 8th neurological circuits, but I'll look into it.

This is all purely speculation for those who seem to want to prove to me that such a thing could never exist. I'm well aware that the birds in the skies are the descendants of dinosaurs, and their smaller cousins of the reptilian family on Earth today. I was just speculating, would it be past our leaders to cover up an intelligent reptilian creature if ever found? Would it be past them to have us look upwards for signs of other intelligent/sentient life instead of downwards? And as for vitamin d deficiency goes, would an advanced civilization living in an underground world be technologically advanced enough to adapt to living in such an environment? Would mineral and vitamin supplements be synthesized or created from the vast amounts of minerals found under the earth?

I like that you all know your dinos, or at least what paleontologists have told you about dinos (after all we only know what we read, such is the great plight of the sheeple of today. We like to think we know so much, but only actually know what we're being told). But I'd like to see more hypothesizing, more questions asked, and more imagination in general.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I would have to say that if you've given Darwinism a thought, perhaps you should also give a thought to the intelligent evolution of a reptile. It's entirely plausible.

Also, if the cataclysm that wiped dinos off the face of the planet could have some how been avoided (say underground) the creature would have probably just stayed there since at least 1 generation probably had to stay there until the surface stabilized.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

My thoughts exactly. Now taking Darwinism further into consideration, if they stayed underground while waiting for the surface to stabilize, would they eventually evolve to better live in such an underground environment, if not biologically then technologically? And would they eventually wonder to the surface again only to find it ruled by hairless primates?

Or were they on the surface before? Maybe they were the Atlanteans that everyone speaks so highly of (being more advanced since they've been around for longer)? Maybe they built all the underground systems of Untersberg and Romania? Maybe they were the Annunaki? Or the reason Sioux means "Snakes" or that Iroquois means "Serpents?" Or the reason the aboriginals of Australia believe that man is ruled by a race of snake men who live under the Earth? These sorts of things go on and on and on, and frankly I'm not going to be the only one asking questions here! Open them imaginations people, this thread was moved to the skunkworks, so lets make it worthy of that name...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You need to watch Dr Who and the Silurians, as well as the "Super Mario Bros" movie.
edit on 14-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DakmindAK

Interesting theory, perhaps there was a third race that destroyed the reptillians, and then later on found us evolving and then genetically engineered us, and that third race is now in charge of Earth, and the reptillians and a few human factions are all thats left in some kind of rebel alliance?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Or the reason Sioux means "Snakes" or that Iroquois means "Serpents?"

Iroquois did not refer to themselves as such but Haudenosaunee; Iroquois is a word from other tribes to describe the Haudenosaunee; it may mean "black snakes" or "killer people". The words come from the Huron and the Algonquins, respectively, both of whom were traditional enemies of the Haudenosaunee. So, the term "snake" has nothing to do with the Iroquois' origins.

The word Sioux does not mean snake but "speakers of a foreign language"; the name was given to the Sioux by other tribes.

Or the reason the aboriginals of Australia believe that man is ruled by a race of snake men who live under the Earth?

Read what the Indigenous Australians have to say about these serpent men. They did not possess high technology but were on par with that of people; they are described as using spears in battle.

new topics

top topics

join