It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran next to fall; Opposition parties plan major protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Iran next to fall; Opposition parties plan major protest

news.am

Two leaders of Iranian opposition Mehdi Karroubi and Mir-Hossein Mousavi demand the authorities should allow their march in Tehran scheduled for February 14 in solidarity with the people of Egypt.

The Iranian authorities have not responded yet but people are getting ready for demonstrations, iran.ru website reported.

A relevant page dedicated to February 14 is created on Facebook. According to recent information, 20,000 users have already liked the page.

Oppositional leader Mehdi Karroubi is presently under house arrest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Obama recently was mentioning something about Iran yesterday in regards to using Egypt as hope and change in their own country and to plan peaceful protests

www.sify.com...

english.aljazeera.net...

www.google.com...

www.nytimes.com...

news.am
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Should be fun. I'm sure America can't wait to install another pro west dictator in there. Their last one failed horribly. lol

Edit: do you know the % of people that oppose Achmadinnerjacket?
edit on 12-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Is there any surprise?
Really?
Really?!?!?!?
REALLY?

Come on. The Middle East is set and primed.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Nothing major will happen in Iran. Nothing like Egypt. Why Iran is even mentioned makes me wonder why. This is a revolt against western puppets and those that control them.
Iran will emerge as a leader in the middle east, or perish with Israel in a battle for dominance.
It is that simple.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
Nothing major will happen in Iran. Nothing like Egypt. Why Iran is even mentioned makes me wonder why. This is a revolt against western puppets and those that control them.
Iran will emerge as a leader in the middle east, or perish with Israel in a battle for dominance.
It is that simple.

I wouldn't count Turkey out...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

That is very true.
Ultimately.
IMO.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Big difference here between Iran and Egypt is that the protestors are "demanding the authorities allow their march on Monday".

In Egypt, they did it anyway, despite the authorities NOT allowing it to go ahead.

I'd also say that Cuba, Syria, Libya (no one seems to be mentioning them), Lebanon, Yemen, Algeria, and in the scary version Saudi Arabia, are ALL ripe to fall now.

There were stories in the MSM last week that Iran and Cuba are cracking down on disidents, and Algeria had a big crackdown on a protest today.

Nostradamus predicted that civilian unrest in the Middle East would signal the start of the end. It's also interesting that he predicted that an "engaging previously unknown businessman" with the ability to talk to and persuage huge crowds of people would come forth from the Middle East, and that he would be the third anti-Christ. Seems that conditions in Egypt are ripe for this to happen, will be interesting to see who steps forward to run for the Presidency. If there's word of a "previously unknown businessman" stepping up, take note folks !

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Islam will likely see him as the mahdi. I personally believe that the mahdi and the anti-christ could be the same person.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Normally I cringe when VP Biden opens his mouth, but his last media event was surprising. He took Iran to task, tell Iran to let peple our of thei prisons to vote, let Irans people protest, Let Irans people choose their own path.

I was kind of impressed.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Islam will likely see him as the mahdi. I personally believe that the mahdi and the anti-christ could be the same person.

but the antichrist will have one eye and he will claim to be god. as far as i know the mahdi will not claim to be god, and if he does, well that simply means hes not the mahdi.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

but the antichrist will have one eye and he will claim to be god. as far as i know the mahdi will not claim to be god, and if he does, well that simply means hes not the mahdi.
One eye? I must have missed that. Could you please show me where you got that from?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Per the article:
"Two leaders of Iranian opposition Mehdi Karroubi and Mir-Hossein Mousavi demand the authorities should allow their march in Tehran scheduled for February 14 in solidarity with the people of Egypt. The Iranian authorities have not responded yet "

Wow,.... so 2 guys "demanded" that "authorities" allow a march, but the evil freedom hating Iranian "authorities" have yet to respond.

Do "authorities" even know these 2 dudes have demands?.. applying for a permit could be an option. And seriously, how often to "authorities", in any nation, give in when two people who call themselves "leaders" make demands??

Try this as a US citizen... anoint you & a friend "leaders" of somecrap, stomp to city hall, don't fill out any so called "parade permit" applications.. or any of that system junk, simply "demand" they allow your flock to march.

Iran might ignore such things, but in America "authorities" will respond immediately with truncheons, pepper spray, stun gun jolts, nut kicks, and free membership to the exclusive "terrorist watch list" club.

.. but yea, I get the purpose of the article.. propaganda... perhaps shadowy overlord wishful thinking.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Normally I cringe when VP Biden opens his mouth, but his last media event was surprising. He took Iran to task, tell Iran to let peple our of thei prisons to vote, let Irans people protest, Let Irans people choose their own path.

I was kind of impressed.

And yet he was RIGHT behind the corrupt Egyptian Government.??

Seems at odds..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hopefully, the Iranian people have the conviction and perseverance to hold out as the people of Egypt did with outing a tyranny of their own. However, given the Iranian Regimes track record in regards to control and brutality, they are going to come down hard if there is any kind of commotion like we saw in 2009. It is going to take millions of people to take up their banners and signs in every major city and even the rural areas. They must hold the line if you will.

Young and old alike, and every aspect of society is going to have to get involved. If they can maintain their resolve and continue increasing their numbers, the regime will have no choice but to step aside and head to Qom to deliberate about religious topics instead of politics. I am fairly certain the security services have been closely monitoring the social network sites and other internet mediums. Moreover, it will be interesting to see how they handle the two opposition leaders getting the word out to demonstrate? The Iranian regime does not play around, and it will stop at nothing to preserve power. We can expect a Tiananmen Square style crackdown with armed military units and tanks. As far as I am concerned, the corrupt and maniacal theocracy must fall. Hopefully, this latest protest is the spark that ignites the fire.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

"Two leaders of Iranian opposition Mehdi Karroubi and Mir-Hossein Mousavi demand the authorities should allow their march in Tehran scheduled for February 14 in solidarity with the people of Egypt. The Iranian authorities have not responded yet "

So these "opposition" leaders...one of them, Karroubi, a self-proclaimed follower of Khomenei the other one, Moussavi, a dictator with blood on his hands hailed as a force for democracy by Western propaganda outlets.

Not much opposition if you ask me. The dumbasses who support the green movement and in turn Moussavi deserve to be slapped. Because if you do support this in any way you are not part of some magically awakened group of people, you are supporting a coupè. This man is only running as opposition because he wants power, he is personally at odds with the ruling power(Khamenei), and he doesn't want Khamenei's son who is nearing 50 years old(important- as that is the age at which he can be appointed to supreme leader) to take over power from Khamenei.

There you go. Those who read this are now more knowledgable than most news reporters and hosts around the globe. Enjoy,

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Young and old alike, and every aspect of society is going to have to get involved.

Generic statement.

If they can maintain their resolve and continue increasing their numbers, the regime will have no choice but to step aside and head to Qom to deliberate about religious topics instead of politics.

Uninformed opinion.

I am fairly certain the security services have been closely monitoring the social network sites and other internet mediums.

Generic statement #2. This is ALWAYS being done.

Moreover, it will be interesting to see how they handle the two opposition leaders getting the word out to demonstrate?

Doesn't matter, the "opposition" leaders are not nearly as much part of an opposition movement as they are liars.

The Iranian regime does not play around, and it will stop at nothing to preserve power. We can expect a Tiananmen Square style crackdown with armed military units and tanks. As far as I am concerned, the corrupt and maniacal theocracy must fall. Hopefully, this latest protest is the spark that ignites the fire.

First of all, corruption exists in every government. So it is ridiculous of you to want the corrupt regime to fall, logic dictates any government following will be corrupt as well. Second, the manical theocracy is far from over if one is to put trust in human nature.

Third, you cannot expect anything. Stop guessing.

The best thing that could happen is people wake up one day and decide to inform themselves. What a day that would be.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I never intended my response to be taken as literal fact, and they are merely my observations and speculations of the political situation in Iran which could lead to protests. If I mentioned something that I intended as fact, I would have validated it with sources.

As for your opinions on the opposition in Iran, care to back them up with sources? I would love to see what high crimes they have under their belt, and how if given power it would be worse than the current regime. If they decide to take up the banners and signs, and at the same time risking bodily harm; I wish them well. In my humble opinion, they have a legitimate reason to do so. Iran is a police state, and is ruled with an iron fist. Again, thanks for the reply and the constructive criticism. I guess we can agree to disagree.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join