It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Ancient Civilizations Have Advanced Technology (More Evidence)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by atomsmasher
Is it not strange that these interesting articles aren`t more common knowledge, i`m glad we have internet to enlighten us these days

Not to worry...much of this stuff was around in book form as well. "Stranger Than Science", and the Von Daeniken material come immediately to mind.

Unfortunately most of the books are more slanted towards theories and not direct science, though at least Von Daeniken does put much material in one place for viewing and learning a little bit about if you can put aside his theories while you read.

What the web and this site particularly does offer is a place to discuss such things and help gain more insight from others and even directed towards more materials for reading, no matter in which direction you tend to lean towards.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
Unfortunately most of the books are more slanted towards theories and not direct science, though at least Von Daeniken does put much material in one place for viewing and learning a little bit about if you can put aside his theories while you read.
What the web and this site particularly does offer is a place to discuss such things and help gain more insight from others and even directed towards more materials for reading, no matter in which direction you tend to lean towards.

Indeed, in the realm of the fantastic, there is far too little science! In fact most of this speculative material turns out to be the worst kind of breathless hooey. However, what is does do is spark a curiosity...even Von Daeniken helped to set me on a path of learning the science, instead. So now I get to legally conduct archaeological surveys and conduct a degree of excavation on my own, which is a lot more exciting than reading about 'Chariots of the Gods'.

I recommend that track...and it sure paid off for Mark Lehner en.wikipedia.org....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Greetings, I would speculate that since we have had "technology" develop in only 200 or so years to the level that it is today... it stands to reason that if not the world at large... portions of the human race would have the ability to study and learn and develop technology in the thousands of years previous. At the same time it was TBTB of the day that limited the accessibility and availability and knowledge of their time from the general population in many cases. Save for the internet and some refinement- our current technology is woefully behind where we should be as there has been little significant improvement and advances in the last 50 years or so. Is this due to control at some level or greed or both, trying to keep us from going on to the next technological step?
200 years and we have modern life. Before now we had an estimated 10,000 years or more of civilization (just an arbitrary number don't hold me to that). I would say that popularly known civilizations had basics of technology - electricity - electric lights - gliders or planes and so forth because there is evidence that suggests it in Egyptian and Babylonian and Sumerian artifacts and relics.

In my opinion the evidence will never be widely accepted by science since it goes against their world view... but Out of Place Artifacts at least lend some hint of more things in our planets past than can currently be explained.

The best of technology was more than likely kept for TPTB of the day and used to subjugate and control the lower population.

I've more opinion on the matter but it would take the thread away from the OP so I will leave that for another day.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ziplogan

There are many factors that kept past civilizations from reaching our current level of tech though some advancement was almost modern in some ways.

Many inventions where made by past civilizations, though the creators of these devices had a great understanding of their workings, it was believed that this was not general knowledge to everyone. Though devices were copied through reverse engendering, the actual full understanding of how the devices functioned was not known. You would have a device such as a catapult that without the total understanding upon the principals of how it worked, it could be copied but not easily improved upon.

It would be like making a copy of wheelbarrow without fully understanding the principles behind weight displacement and load on the wheel and handles. It could very well work great for you, but without the full knowledge it might not hold up as well as the original. Also improvements to the design would not easily be possible without the full knowledge of weight displacement and load. I know this is an odd example but it demonstrates why the same technologies remained stagnant and only slightly improved upon for a very long time.

There are many devices that did not reach there full potential due to being acquired during battle and not having the understanding of the principles of how the devices fully operated.

The other thing that limited the development was materials available, without the proper materials to fully get the most out of devices; they wouldn’t be able to move past the rudimentary stages.

A non understanding of what some technology was during certain periods in history led to some would be inventors being executed for sorcery and witchcraft.

The list goes on.

Look up Vitruvius, Heron of Alexandria, and Leonardo Da Vinci for interesting information on past technologies.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ziplogan

You wonder what has happened to technology in the past fifty years? Back in Kansas City, where I lived most of my life, there were persistent rumors of work going on at the Federal complex on Bannister road by Bendix. Seems they were transmitting matter thru steel plate, but it didn't work too well, as the "Heisenberg Compensator" hasn't been invented yet. Ha, Ha!

Further, there was a speech given to some Ivy League audience by the fellow who made the Blackbird black. He had worked in dark projects, and I don't recall his name offhand, but I have the text of his speech at home. In short, he said that we now have the technology to do anything you can imagine. We can now fly among the stars, etc, etc, etc.

Technology is advancing at a breakneck pace, so fast that most of us can not keep up with understanding it all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join