It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labor to introduce a carbon tax next year and an ETS in 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Labor to introduce a carbon tax next year and an ETS in 2015

www.news.com.au

JULIA Gillard plans to introduce a carbon price from July 1 next year and defy the Greens by insisting on compensation for the coal and electricity industries, in a move that will infuriate its minority government partner.

The Weekend Australian understands the Government will present its multi-party climate change committee next week with a plan for a fixed carbon price to operate from July 1, 2012, until about 2015-16 when the regime will move to an emissions trading scheme.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12/2/11 by WorldObserver because: becasue I like to edit

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Still believe in man made global warming? Hah! It’s always been about carbon taxes – the Elites new money making scam to enslave and financially rape the middle class.

For those unfamiliar with Australian politics – 6 months ago the ELECTED Prime Minister Kevin Rudd (like the US President) was SACKED because he wanted to tax the global mining companies that have plundered the Australian country for decades, sending all their BILLIONS of profits overseas. Yes, none of the people of Australia ever see any of the money made from most of their natural resources!

They “bought” Rudd’s 2IC with the promise she would make history by being Australia’s first female Prime Minister. What a joke, the silly cow took the bait hook, line and sinker. The first thing she did within 2 days of illegally gaining power – quash the super profits tax Rudd was going to implement!

Now she has proved without a doubt that she is a whore of the NWO! She has declared a new carbon tax. Australians, say good bye to your current high standard of living and say hello to living below the poverty line!

Australians need to take a page out of the Egyptian people’s book and demand the ousting of this fascist regime.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Its long been my belief that the only reason anything is done in this world is either to gain money, or to prevent the less fortunate from ever having any.
Heres another example. If anyone really cared a damn for global warming, they would make fossil fuels absolutely illegal, and force the energy providers and vehicle and engine manufacturers to build water driven powerplants instead. The tech has been around for donkeys years, and no one does a spit about it.
Im sorry its Australia feeling the brunt of this particular assault on good sense, and you know its going to make fuel prices and of course gas for the home INCREDIBLY expensive . One thing that suprises me , Australia gets a holy crap load of sun. This is widely known. Why therefore, if the government are so intent on carbon footprint reduction, does the government not build a massive solar farm? There are those towers now, that use reflected sunlight to heat up water, turn it to steam, and turn a turbine... why not build a few hundred or a few thousand farms with solar panels and reflector towers? That would save the Australian government an awful lot of carbon!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here comes the hung parliament,only one independent has to cross the floor and its dead in the water,I would guess that man would be Tony Windsor,as i cant see the people of Tamworth liking this,People are pissed over the flood tax and it's only meant to be for 12 months, this tax is going to cost a lot more and be forever,this minority government is a joke and the sooner we go back to polls the better,

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

reply to post by Travlla

yes Trav I agree, that the independents are the key! However, if they are gotten to like Gillard was then I hold little hope.

@True Brit - there are plans to put a HUGE solar tower in the middle of South Australia, however this is a private consortium that the government will not help fund.

Australia has a lot of sun, but it also has a lot of coastline (it's the world's biggest island for god's sake!!) so tidal power alone could power the country. They could easily convert off-shore oil rigs into tidal/wave power generators not to mention all the Geo-thermal power.

In fact, I often wonder why New Zealand is not leading the way with Geo-Thermal power. NZ basically sits on one big boiling cauldron - the hot water comes to the surface everywhere!

Like I said, this is an attack on the middle class. It's about enslavement. No need for common sense when those are your goals.

The people pf Aus need to come together and say no!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What really gets me is that Australia accounts for about 1% of the worlds pollution,it's like having a 100 smokers in a small room,one smoker (Australia) leaves the room,what has changed in the room smoke wise ?not much really it's still full of smoke,all this is going to do is drive more industry from Australia to places that have no real pollution controls at all,in the end it may well cause more pollution on the world scale,The Labor party craps on that we have to set an example to the rest of the world,like anyone cares what we do,The Labor party is a joke when it comes to balancing the books hence the need to continually introduce new taxes,

This ranga scrubber did not mention any carbon taxes or ETS in the lead up to last years election,But because she had to get into bed with Bob Brown Love and his Greens party to form a minority government we get screwed,If we have bush fires which we do most summers they are classed as emission's as well ,Our government is a joke,and any body who voted for them is to blame,

Considering Australia has 23% of the world's uranium ore reserves and the world's largest single uranium deposit, located at the Olympic Dam Mine in South Australia.
Why don't we consider Nuclear power ?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Well what do you expect, it's not like JULIA Gillard is actually an Australian..

Gillard was born in 1961 in Barry, Wales, United Kingdom

Edit: How ironic is this little tid bit??

After she suffered from bronchopneumonia as a child, her parents were advised it would aid her recovery if they were to live in a warmer climate.

And now she calls that "warmer climate" Global Warming and want to TAX us for it..
Talk about ungratefull..

edit on 12-2-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
And here it is,the lying bitch said at last years election that she would not introduce a carbon tax,lies lies lies,but then she had to do a deal with the Greens party to form a minority government,and screw Australia over ,hopefully because the next election is due in 2013 the Labor party will be gone, so the ETS wont happen,this is what happens when we have a slapper from Wales as PM

Ms Gillard says the Government's scheme will be rolled out from July 2012, with the price on carbon to be fixed for a period of three to five years before moving to a cap-and-trade system.

How the hell is 49% of the vote a mandate ?
Australia voted for it ?She told us it wouldn't be introduced,so how the hell did the clowns who voted for her vote for a carbon tax when it wasn't even on the table?

But Ms Gillard says the election has given her the mandate to introduce a carbon price. "The Australian people have voted for change. They voted for a carbon price, and this Parliament gives us the opportunity," she told Parliament.

www.abc.net.au...

edit on 24/2/2011 by Travlla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
we are taking to the streets on the 23rd of march look on facebook for the revolt against the carbon tax and see times and locations as well we will get up and be heard even if there is another group looking to counter protest against us.

new topics

top topics

join