It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart bullets You can run, but you can't hide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Thats why i'm skeptical of laser sights on sniper rifles. Why use a laser that gives away your position if your just going to use a scope. But unless its TV guided lasers are a nessesary tradeoff for this technology.

The enemy wont see anything because the XM-29 uses a new laser which is only visible to the shooter in the scope it can not be seen by the human eye or with thermal or night vision goggles so there is the answer to your problem

[edit on 20-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

Cool concept. Must be a really high or low frequency laser for the human eye not to see it. Whats the point of outlawing explosive bullets. Those are some of the best anti vehicle weapons. But I guess that depleted uranium took care of that vacancy in our inventory. Or where those outlawed too. I had heard in WWII airplanes had incendiary bullets. Those would be pretty interesting to shoot with a sniper rifle.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Incendiary bullets are alive and well and can be found for about any rifle. Everything from the 9mm to 50 cal have them. AP Incendiary rounds are common for most military rifles. If I remember right the AP/Incendiary AK-47 rounds have a black tip with a red slash on them and the 50cal ones have a blue tip. You can find places where you can by them as reloads I think but it varies from state to state.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I thought they were illegal to sell to civilians but the military has been using them for a long time there really is no need for them in the civilian sector unless you want to kill someone really quick.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You can buy them but you have to reload them yourself.They are expensive 20rds of .223 AP/incendiary rounds go for about 30 bucks. Heres a place where you can buy them. I have purchased tracer rounds before just because they look sweet never had any need for these rounds though and they cost to much for my taste.

gun broker

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Dam those rounds do look cool check out a pic of them at impact.

Maybe I will pick some up

top topics

<< 1   >>

join