It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a particular UFO picture - mid-to-late 90s, Nashville area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
When I first joined ATS, much of the UFO talk reminded me of a newscast from the late 90s. I can't remember the exact date.

I live in Russellville, KY - about 75 miles northwest of Nashville. One of our Nashville stations is WSMV Channel 4. On one of their 4 or 5 PM newscasts, they featured a picture of a suspected UFO. It was triangular-shaped, although it had a much thicker body than most triangular UFOs reported (almost reminded me of a "triangular" Borg ship from Star Trek). It was very weird seeing such a story on the regional news.

I've done a few searches here and on Google, and haven't been able to find it. Any chance someone has a link to the picture?
edit on 11-2-2011 by ffman because: Change title

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ffman
When I first joined ATS, much of the UFO talk reminded me of a newscast from the late 90s. I can't remember the exact date.

I live in Russellville, KY - about 75 miles northwest of Nashville. One of our Nashville stations is WSMV Channel 4. On one of their 4 or 5 PM newscasts, they featured a picture of a suspected UFO. It was triangular-shaped, although it had a much thicker body than most triangular UFOs reported (almost reminded me of a "triangular" Borg ship from Star Trek). It was very weird seeing such a story on the regional news.

I've done a few searches here and on Google, and haven't been able to find it. Any chance someone has a link to the picture?
edit on 11-2-2011 by ffman because: Change title

Try the bottom right picture on this link.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Here is a close up.

www.ufoevidence.org...

It that it?

edit on 11-2-2011 by planetzog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by planetzog

I don't think so, but it is close. I think the image shown on TV was larger and clear (also not as "green"). Thanks for you help, though!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Goodness, I never knew Nashville and surrounding areas were such a hotbed of UFO sightings!

I searched WSMV's archives back to 1999 but couldn't find anything about that video.

I ran a search on BING and came up with a lot of articles.

I could find only one ar ticle about a triangular craft. I'm not sure whether to trust the source of not.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel
Goodness, I never knew Nashville and surrounding areas were such a hotbed of UFO sightings!

I searched WSMV's archives back to 1999 but couldn't find anything about that video.

I ran a search on BING and came up with a lot of articles.

I could find only one ar ticle about a triangular craft. I'm not sure whether to trust the source of not.

Thanks for the help. I'm betting the picture isn't out there unless someone has an old link or has it saved by some chance.

I did find a couple WSMV references to a UFO on Google, but the pages no longer exist.
edit on 11-2-2011 by ffman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I'm betting the picture isn't out there unless someone has an old link or has it saved by some chance

And I'm betting you're correct! I doubt if that video exits anymore period.

I live in the area so I'll keep digging around. Who knows, I might stumple upon something.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel

I'm betting the picture isn't out there unless someone has an old link or has it saved by some chance

And I'm betting you're correct! I doubt if that video exits anymore period.

I live in the area so I'll keep digging around. Who knows, I might stumple upon something.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I dont know about that particular sighting.

But ive witnessed quite a few around the area.......I live just outside Nashville..

Including last summer, I witnessed a cigar shaped ufo just hangin out in the sky.....

It was completely white.....and completely stationary.....

Then it "slid"into a cloud.......is the only way i can describe it.....looked like the bar in the old pong games...
it was fairly windy that day, so when the cloud past where it should have been a few seconds later it was gone....

Quite odd, and seemed to be quite large......pretty interesting

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I guess it's time for me to do more research on Nashville sightings

I see a lot of military planes/helicopters around here but I assumed it was because of our proximity to Ft. Campbell.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Well there was this famous case

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It was very weird seeing such a story on the regional news.

Call the station and request a transcript 1990 is not that old... it was the year we saw the Belgian triangle

Also check the local papers archive for the time. Takes a while but all papers keep archives or they do at the library anyway

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

It was very weird seeing such a story on the regional news.

Call the station and request a transcript 1990 is not that old... it was the year we saw the Belgian triangle

Also check the local papers archive for the time. Takes a while but all papers keep archives or they do at the library anyway

I know my case was more recent than 1990 (in '90 I was only 3 years old). I'm guessing closer to 98-01.
edit on 13-2-2011 by ffman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I know my case was more recent than 1990 (in '90 I was only 3 years old). I'm guessing closer to 98-01.

Could it be more recent, e.g. covered in a broadcast on WSMV in November 2005?

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 13-2-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Could it be more recent, e.g. covered in a broadcast on WSMV in November 2005?

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 13-2-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

I do not THINK so, but it could be.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I managed to find a Channel 4 report regarding UFO's in Nashville on YouTube. I'll try my best to embed them.

I'm still reading about all the sightings here. Very interesting, indeed!

It appears that the poster videocam777 works for WSMV.

edit on 2/13/2011 by TNTarheel because: additional info

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
[
Well there was this famous case

I'm disappointed to say that this one was a hoax according to rense.com

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Who knows, it could have been a rendition of the triangle caught around 42-44 in Video 1.

new topics

top topics

join