It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court rejects fluoride challenge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Court rejects fluoride challenge

www.independent.co.uk

A local health authority's plans for the fluoridation of a city's tap water was not unlawful, the High Court ruled today.

A judge rejected accusations by Southampton resident Geraldine Milner that the decision-making process was "defective".

Mr Justice Holman, sitting in London, ruled there was no substance in any of the grounds of complaint and the legal challenge must be dismissed.

Ms Milner brought her application for judicial review backed by local anti-fluoride campaign groups.

The South Central Strategic Health Authority (SCSHA) used statutory powers to instruct Southern
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
So as I always say with my posts... I am no expert on this... but I have read a lot about it. Most things I have read point towards Fluoride as a kind of suppressor or "number" of the people along with it having other negative effects..... however as is the way with the world wide web now days you don't read many of the for... just against.

(this could be me reading only the stuff on sites like this so please people post the benefits of it if you know them)

I will also throw this into the mix... I seem to remember that the U.K used to have fluoride in the water and it was removed for health reasons.... is this ruling a sign that it will increase across the U.K and is this a sign of the times we live in... "people all over the world are rioting/wanting change.... how can we prevent this in the U.K" ????

Peoples thoughts welcome.... :-)

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
my thoughts?

f'%#K the fluoride .....

and anyone else who stands behind it .

you want flouride ? you have enough in your toothpaste ... (you know the one that says call poison control if swalloed)

All the punks who want this....can come take it out of our water supply and add it to theres.

Simple.

Anyone who says its a good thing should get a life time supply delievered to there house so they can add it on a daily basis . for breakfest lunch and dinner.

as for me . No thanks to fluoride . I do not want it Nor do i NEED it.

There is poison ever corner you turn why do we make the problem worse ? in the name of good teeth? gimme a break.

we should get all the fluoride and water board corrupt officials around the world

there is your solution to get rid of this "fluoride"

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Will be interested to see what others think, I get the feeling most will agree with you... interesting how strongly worded your reply is ... what makes you feel this way, share some links to info if you can, there must be reason for the fire in your post.

My view is water is water... and has been around as long, in fact longer than us, it has always been fine till modern times... so why add to it...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOdogg

What makes me feel this way is the fact that the pro-fluoride people tell me its okay its not toxic in small quantities . But disregard what happens when small quantities on a daily basis adds up over the years . Fluoride has not been in tap waters to be able to study the long term effects of its deadly wake. I never asked for this stuff in my TAP WATER that i drink every single day . Who ever doesn't mind the fluoride should come take our supply and add it to theirs.Fluride is not only in water . but many other products. Other countries who do not fluoridate are they missing out ? or helping out ?

www.slweb.org...

"New American research suggests that boys exposed to fluoride between the ages of five and 10 will suffer an increased rate of osteosarcoma - bone cancer - bet-ween the ages of 10 and 19"

www.guardian.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

"The Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment (CAPE) does not support fluoridation of drinking water for the following reasons"
www.nutritionresearchcenter.org...

www.just-think-it.com...
www.fluoridealert.org...

and to be fair

www.doctorspiller.com...
edit on 11-2-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

you want flouride ? you have enough in your toothpaste ... (you know the one that says call poison control if swalloed)

Oh yeah, they can keep that crap out of there too!

I buy fluoride free toothpaste, it costs about 2-3 times more than the poisonous stuff, but no poison, so it's worth it.

The even put the poison in the toddler toothpastes, normally at a rate of 1000-1400ppm, which is only a couple of hundred ppm less than the adult toothpaste...why? Toddlers will lose these teeth when they are 5 or 6 anyway.

Plenty of research has shown fluoride to be a neurotoxin, and ironically, totally useless in preventing tooth decay.

The only other reasons for adding it is saving money on industrial disposal of fluoride (costs plenty to dispose of it safely), so why pay to dump it safely, when you can sell it to the plebeians for a profit and keep them monged out into the bargain (Nazis used it on POW's in WW2, not for dental health either..hint hint)?

This judge is probably a crook and bending over for big industry...i *hate* bent officials.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Sweet.

Seen a lot of this before, but cheers for adding the videos and links matey.

The 'Judge's' industrial contacts at the local lodge need to be checked out i think, either that or he's a complete and utter, braindead twatt.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Thanks for posting all the info.......very good :-)

So there is all of the anti- fluoride info, anyone care to debate the point? not sure we will have many pro fluoride people in the house. ??????

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
What other drugs will they put in are water or food with out telling us?
That is not legal? you can not give medication to ever one.
What about the people who it will make very sick?
no wonder so many people get sick and we can not tell why?
they wont to safe teeth? they get people to stop eating sweets.
Add to this the fluoride you swallow when you brush your teeth.
Who uses baby milk powder? You add water to it!
The Big thing. why they would Not help teeth?
how much did you pay the last time you went to the denies?
Denies make a lot of money. It is big business.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Bottom-line: Keep toxic chemicals out of drinking water! How hard is that?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
what happend to are freedom?
if we chose to smoke we can.
But they can NOT make us smoke!
so how can they make us drink this posion?

"I seem to remember that the U.K used to have fluoride
in the water and it was removed for health reasons."

what reson was given for this?
and whay can this not still be used?

and what do so many people use water filters?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Here in the UK we still have fluridation of water in certain counties. The goverment seems to have passed a bill making it legal to use fluoride in water but leaving the decision to certain health care organisations.

People are fighting this, one such website Link

Here is a map of the North East of England showing water fluridation. Map Link

spending on Fluoride by the North East NHS. link
edit on 16-11-2011 by TheBar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
there is nothing wrong with flouridation of the water supply. Most of you dont even know that by the time it reaches your tap the water is no longer have any flouride in it. The chemical reaction with the water breaks down the chemical compound into flourine ions (a trace mineral the body needs) hydrogen ions and sillic acid. I have heard every single fear story regarding flouride and found them all to be baseless. The only exception is a the toxic waste issue which is not entiely true nor is it entirely false either. Just a complete misunderstanding of the process. Apertite has calcium flouride and phosphates as its main make up. The process used to get these 2 products out of the apertite involves some chemistry but in the process of getting the phosphates the gas it produces is called hydrogen fluoride (HF) which when in concentrated form is highly toxic and can be seen to be a waste product from phosphates. But it is not. also if you live by the sea you are breathing in hydrogen fluoride all the time.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aletheia007

Please take a moment to watch this video.

I won't go into some of the other less proven problems but as you can see this is a real case. The problem here seems to be too much fluoride in total. In the water , the toothpaste. The simple way to stop this is let people treat themselves with fluoride if they wish to.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBar

I dont watch videos if you cant tell me in your own words why you think fluorine is bad for you instead of relying on misinformation perpetuated by misinformed people. Since you havent I bet you dont have a clue as to what you are talking about

Just to add

The U.S. Center of Disease Control found a 9% higher prevalence of dental fluorosis in American children than was found in a similar survey 20 years ago. In addition, the survey provides further evidence that African Americans suffer from higher rates of fluorosis than Caucasian Americans. The condition is more prevalent in rural areas where drinking water is derived from shallow wells or hand pumps. It is also more likely to occur in areas where the drinking water has a fluoride content greater than 1 ppm (part per million), and in children who have a poor intake of calcium.

edit on 16-11-2011 by Aletheia007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Dental flurosis, casused by too much fluoride.

In the vid a young woman talks about her dental flurosis.i think she is a good enough authority on the damage too much fluoride can do to you. She is your misinformed person, the one affected by this ??

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBar

I am not ignorant. Why dont you start a compaign to ban all trace elements from our diets as too much of those will cause the body to toxify and cause problems.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

yes i am sorry for calling you ignorant, just as you read it i must have been editing it out after realising i had not taken it out before hitting post. Its just that you flat out refused to watch the vid and hear the lady talk about her flurosis casued by recommendations from the NHS.

Simple fact is people ask not to have fluoride in water and the goverment puts it in not caring what the people want.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBar

It wasnt the government who originally asked for the fluoridation of the waters supply. It was doctors dentists and health officails. Before the fluoridation program began a huge majority of ppl was suffering from fluoride deficienty and having health problem ariising because of the lack of fluorine in the diets

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well then why can't those people be diagnosed and treated individually instead of the mass medication of people.

I know wiki is not always the best source but seems good enough for this. link

Although it helps prevent tooth decay, fluorine is not an essential mineral for mammals. Some organofluorine compounds are synthesized in microorganisms and plants. Several fluorine compounds, as well as elemental fluorine itself, are dangerously toxic. Nevertheless, an increasing number of pharmaceuticals (about 10% of new drugs) contain fluorine.

<<   2 >>

join