It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be an "important statement" soon from the office of Egypt's president, state TV report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
gulfnews.com...

Cairo: The Egyptian presidency is to make an "urgent and important" statement shortly, state television said on Friday, after a ruling party spokesman confirmed the president had left Cairo for Sharm Al Shaikh.

Unable to find any info yet as to what the announcement will be. Will update as more is reported.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Maby he will say the pyramids were built by ET's because he's got nothing else to lose now.

Fingers crossed!

edit on 11/2/11 by simples because: Spelling mistake lol

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by simples
Many he will say the pyramids were built by ET's because he's got nothing else to loose now.

Fingers crossed!

That would be great! Probably nothing more than he is handing over some power but that he will still be a back-seat ruler from UAE.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It's like deja vu.

I think it might be Suleiman with a deadline of his own maybe, forcing the military's hand.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
hopefully this is the news egyptians want and not another clutching to power by mubarek. will also be interesting to see who fills the power vacuum.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well, apparently he left the country and is hanging at some resort at the Red Sea (I think?). So there are two reasons I can see for leaving the country.. First is to step down and second is to be somewhere else when all hell breaks loose.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I was just watching live footage from Cairo. I can't believe how many people are there. According to NBC, the military there is backing Mubarak. I doubt they would start attacking citizens though, especially since the whole world is watching.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

This entire situation is a tinder box just waiting to go up in flames. I have a feeling that anything less than a full resignation by Mubarak will be the match that sets the whole damn thing off. I look for this to turn very violent today. Just my personal opinion.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

NBC is reporting that Mubarak has left Cairo .

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I saw that. Maybe full power will be transferred to Suleiman. Then the CIA will have their puppet in Egypt.
edit on 11-2-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

has this speech been made yet? obviously you don't know what it's about what do you reckon it might be though? yesterday's speech was a bit off key i think and there were rumours heavily circulating and i stress rumours that the king of saudi arabia had died during a call to obama about keeping out of the situation there or he would bankroll egypt would rather ignore all this lately i just hope that something big and bad aint gonna happen probably will though because he's left yet he made it quite clear that he wasn't bailing out and the usa have called all ambasserdors back not that it bothers me because i'm ready for the shtf

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stu030273

Do you think the recall of all our ambassadors is related to this? If so then that would mean we had to have some sort of prior knowledge as to how all of this would play out. This whole situation stinks of American and Israeli manipulation.

If the Saudi King really is dead, then hang on to your hats because it's a whole new ball game.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Wow!

Mubarak has stepped down!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Mubarek is gone?!

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Millions of Egyptians cheering and celebrating on Al-Jazeera.

english.aljazeera.net...
edit on 11-2-2011 by janon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Well it's about damn time. The only question now, as someone already mentioned, is who fills the power vaccum?

I still am very wary about all of this. First, he states that he will leave in September, and not 24 hours later he steps down. Something about this gives me a bad feeling. Things just don't add up.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
so there we go mubarek has stepped down...now to see if the army gets rid of the 30 years of emergency powers as they said they would when the protests have finished.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well the Egyptian people deserve this. Maybe we here in the US can learn from this example, that an empowered people can in fact cause change.

top topics

join